HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Herceptin / Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Chemo AND Tykerb & Herceptain?? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44546)

shondagaylord 04-02-2010 06:19 PM

Chemo AND Tykerb & Herceptain??

Has anyone also added a chemo drug with Tykerb and Herceptain? If so which one?

Shonda

Jackie07 04-02-2010 07:22 PM

Re: Chemo AND Tykerb & Herceptain??

Shonda,

Here's a trial with just Tykerb and Herceptin:

http://www.caring4cancer.com/go/canc...wsItemId=42109

Seems Tykerb used to be always administered with xeloda. I think you can locate several postings on this Board.

Here's a link to the Tykerb site: http://www.tykerb.com/

Pushpa 05-23-2010 07:02 AM

My mom is in Navelbine/tykerb for a week now. it was hard choice to make between tykerb and herceptin. tykerb has moderate to severe side effects with diarrhea, whereas herceptin is seamless. however tykerb blocks her1 and her2 receptors and can also move into the brain and work against brain mets.
unfortunately my onc did not want to give herceptin+tykerb to my mom here in india saying its still not proven strategy.
you have to do some reading before you convince yourself.
all the best
Raj

pibikay 05-24-2010 05:10 AM

My wife is on Taxoterne and Zolefest along with Herceptin,

webmum 05-24-2010 11:29 AM

I had Taxol with tykerb and herceptin first, then FEC with tykerb and herceptin also. Had great results.(neoadjuvant chemo)

best of luck!

Sandra in GA 05-24-2010 06:54 PM

I was in a phase II study that added Tykerb to Herceptin along with the traditional chemos; adramycin, cytoxin, and taxol. I had four cycles of A/C and then began Herceptin andTaxol weekly for 12 weeks. At the same time I began taking Tykerb orally. After the 12 weeks, I continued with Herceptin and Tykerb for a total of one year.

hutchibk 05-24-2010 08:38 PM

Wow, Sandra, Herceptin with Adria? Tough on the heart...

Sandra in GA 05-26-2010 01:18 PM

Brenda,
Thanks for your concern!

I guess I am just a tough old knot! I was in a phase II study at Mayo in Jacksonville FL that Dr. Edith Perez headed along with a Dr from Denmark. The Allto trials are the phase III for lapatinib for this study. They kept very close check on my heart function by doing echos every three months and that old ticker did great. I don't have the fulll name of the study, but it did have the phrase "cardiac safety and tolerability" in it. One arm of the Allto trials is exactly like the treatment I received. The other arms are looking at the patients receiving lapatinib or Herceptin alone. Another is looking at following Herceptin with lapatinib. Believe it or not, I actually am glad I got "all the big guns." It is amazing what having 21 positive lymph nodes will inspire you to do!

Sandra

Darlene Denise 05-30-2010 02:55 PM

I did Xeloda, Tykerb & Herceptin. Had unmanageable side effects and progression.

pibikay 06-14-2010 12:44 AM

After the treatment on 9th of Taxotrene,Zolefest and Herceptin she has lost her appetite and taste.But the flushing of the cheeks is less.But she continues to have cramps

hutchibk 06-17-2010 07:51 PM

You can drop the Tykerb doseage to 3 pills (we dropped me to 4) and see if that helps with cramps/diarrhea. I really worked for me. 5 is too many for most folks with Herceptin.

Sandra in GA 06-18-2010 07:27 AM

Brenda,
You are so right. When I was in the phase II trial at Mayo, the protocal for the trial had already been dropped to 750 mg per day. When I was taking the Taxol along with the Herceptin and Tykerb, my dose had to be lowered to 500mg per day. Then when I was on just the Herceptin and Tykerb, the goal was a 1000 mg per day, but my onc decided we would go back to 750 and then to 1000 if my body did OK. I stayed at 750 until I finished.
Sandra

Delaney 06-18-2010 11:47 AM

I did the Altto trial. Took 6 tyverb pills a day for a year, absolutely no side effects. I was only off them a couple of weeks when the cancer went crazy and I ended up stage iv. dont think tyverb is strong enough on its own. am putting my faith in herceptin now.

my2boys 06-22-2010 01:09 PM

I just started Tykerb daily with weekly Herceptin and Taxol. I finished A/C and waited 2 weeks before beginning the Taxol, Tykerb and Herceptin.

I will do weekly Taxol for 12 weeks and then continue on with Tykerb daily for one year and Herceptin indefinitely.

msleslie 10-10-2010 04:45 AM

I'm on taxotere, carboplatin, and herceptin along with 3 Tykerb pills daily. This has been the first week that I have experienced the severe stomach cramps & diarrhea due to the Tykerb. Not sure what is going on but I hope it is better soon.

shonda 10-16-2010 05:11 PM

Well I am doing Ixempra and Tykerb now. I have had 2 rounds and I am doing well. The first round was rough, but not so sure now it was Ixempra for sure. I am holding my 3rd round for 2 weeks so I can have my ovaries out next week. So if needed Ixempra is another option with Tykerb or alone. :)

pibikay 10-26-2010 12:07 AM

Hema is now on Tykerb 4 Tablets a day 2 after food in the morning and evening along with a similar dose of Xekoda. Xeloda a break for a week after 2 weeks but tykerb to continue