HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Prayer Room (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32893)

Believe51 08-25-2008 10:48 AM

It is me again

I had a friend of the family call us Saturday. He has always given to others before himself and is a self employed contracter...

he asked if we had any FOOD. Oh my God, FOOD. As my heart broke I worked with my Mother to get him so sundries. I gave her the Eukanuba that my diabetic cat no longer eats. We brought food, cat supplies and the normal toilet paper etc. Dad dropped off some money for gas into our bags.

I pray for all whom are facing hard times, whether it be lack of work or losing a home to foreclosure or Mother Nature. I pray for people I love and people I never shall meet.

The world needs our prayers, we all do. We never think it will be us.....sometimes we are surprised>>Believe51

juanita 12-23-2008 06:00 PM

a co-worker who also drives a bus for the school system fell down the steps of her bus on one of our first slick days. she has lumbar pushing on her sciatica and a couple more in her neck making her spine out of whack. tomorrow she goes to a neurologist and orthopedic dr. she's had surgery on her neck before and is really scared. not much fun right before christmas. so please keep her and her family in your prayers.

StephN 12-23-2008 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Believe - you and your family are SUCH good people to help that man out.

We have a friend who is also a self-employed contractor/remodeler who did not get paid for a $65,000 job this summer. He is out all the time, materials and subcontractors he paid. He put a lien on that house, but naturally he is behind the bank.

I have been buying extra food or pet food and putting it in the donation bins in the grocery stores. Also put money in the Salvation Army kettle in front of the theater last week. I try to find some way to GIVE every day during the week before Christmas.

It is a way to act as well as pray.

ElaineM 12-24-2008 11:49 AM

Prayer Room

For better health for all of us in 2009, for guidance for all of us in 2009, and for our doctors in 2009.

Faith in Him 12-24-2008 05:01 PM

Amen to your prayer, Elaine.

Believe51 12-26-2008 10:47 AM

Saying prayers for my Mother-in-Law and her devastating arthritis. I found her making her Christmas lasagna with the pan on her breakfast nook bench because she can not straighten out enough to make it on the table like normal people. Her arthritis, which she has both types, is slowly taking her life. She had on old jeans that had holes near the knees, it was not until I seen her rubbing her legs that I realized it was from the friction! Ouch!

They do not even x-ray her anymore since her results show 'haze' and you are unable to see any bones.

Love you My Awesome Mother-in-Law and praying that you are able to walk without that deadly pain. I wish you comfort and pray that the pain can get down to a '5' or lower (she is at a constant 9!)>>Believe51

WomanofSteel 12-26-2008 05:52 PM

Joining you all in a special prayer for those who are down on their luck this holiday season. A special prayer for your Mother-in-law Marie. God bless her!

StephN 12-31-2008 04:46 PM

How are they doing?

I am praying for Sheila and HerMiracles, neither of whom we have heard from lately.

For strength to carry on and keep up the good fight.

Bill 12-31-2008 08:57 PM

Amen to all of the prayers of my sweet Sisters and Brothers. I'd like to add a special prayer for the families and friends of those we have lost over this past year, and prayers of comfort to those serving their countries overseas and their families. My friends, may God bless you and comfort you all in this upcoming year.

juanita 01-02-2009 06:18 PM

my mom had a heart attack on new years eve and is in the hospital. she had a test today to see what was going on and her heart started beating so fast that it was just a black line on the monitor. they did get it back to normal, but they said the front half of her heart isn't working good. monday morning she goes in for another heart cath, with hopefully an angioplast and a stint put in. if the can't do the angioplast and stint her next option is a pacemaker. this isn't the first trouble for her. she had her first heart attack at age 40, about 25 years ago.

suzan w 01-02-2009 07:33 PM

A prayer sent out in memory of my dear friend, Wendy, who died from lung cancer 12/05. Tomorrow would have been her 65th birthday

vickie h 01-07-2009 07:35 PM

Prayers, please, for Grace, who used to post at this site over a year ago. Her husband, Miguel, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a couple of months ago and is very ill. He is the love of her life and She is going through so much right now and the loss will be so great. She is a fighter and has overcome her own battles with BC. I ask for all the prayers we can possibly send to her in New York. She is so special! Love, Vickie

StephN 01-13-2009 10:26 PM

Thank you, Vickie, for letting us know that one of our sisters is under so much strain now. This is a real blow.
Grace has all my positive thoughts for strength to get through this, and for a reprieve for Miguel like Patrick Swayze got.

Also, my son-in-law could use some prayers that he won't lose his job. His company is in the midst of making a lot of changes and selling off some parts. He will know very soon if he made the cut. Thanks.

Terri B 01-14-2009 08:15 AM

Wow, I just found this thread.

Prayers for everyone going through financial issues on top of their fights with cancer. These tough times have touched so many lives, rich and poor alike.

Myself, I'm praying the owner of my company can get a loan to sustain our company. The banks are very very tight right now, but without the loan, our company could crumble.

Believe51 01-15-2009 09:38 AM

Right now I am praying for the two Siamese twin boys that are getting seperated today. May God give them strength to survive seperately but together. Good luck little ones.>>Believe51

sassy 01-15-2009 07:45 PM

I am lifting Zane up in prayer for healing and restoration of mind and soul.

vickie h 02-28-2009 08:28 PM

Please pray for Caryn (Eric's wife) and her family tonight. We need a miracle now! Love, Vickie
See message board

chrisy 03-26-2009 09:21 AM

Prayers needed for my sister's friend

who has had a recurrence and is waiting to hear news on possible progression to her liver. This is one strong lady and has already fought back one recurrence. I haven't even talked to her yet...but knowing her I know she is really p'd off right now. And although she never shows it, I'm sure she must feel very scared as well.

I just hate this stupid disease.

Believe51 03-26-2009 09:43 AM

Chrissy, can you share her name with us so I can get a direct prayer upstairs??>>Believe51

harrie 03-26-2009 02:13 PM

I think Chrissy is talking about Caryn, Eric's wife.