HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Herceptin / Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Xeloda red hot feet! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40889)

Leslie304 08-27-2009 05:10 PM

Xeloda red hot feet!

Hi folks, I'm on my second round of Xeloda/Tykerb/Herceptin. My feet are killing me! I got the 'walking on hot coals' at the end of the first three weeks, on 2nd round of three weeks and I can barely walk! I've been using a good moisterizer and socks at night to keep them soft but still it's been excruciating to walk at all the past two days. Any ideas??? I read somewhere that a henna poultice takes the heat away but I can't find that post now. Any info??? Thanks to anyone who sees this and can help!
Leslie

Sheila 08-27-2009 05:36 PM

Re: Xeloda red hot feet!

Leslie
As a former Xeloda user (almost 2 years) i was very familiar with the walking on coals feeling. I was very careful to avoid hot water as it dilates the capillaries on the feet and lets more of the drug into the tissues causing more irritation.. I wore flip flops...like all the time, winter in Illinois and all...it was the only thing I could stand...you could try neurontin ( a prescription drug) as it helps with neuropathy....Hope your feet feel better!!!!

BarbM 08-27-2009 06:54 PM

Leslie,
Check out the thread 4 or 5 below this one about "Tykerb and Xeloda, side effects"....I have had good luck with henna.
I am also using Bag Balm at night with socks....and take 300 mg B6/day.

Unregistered 08-28-2009 09:40 AM

Hi Barb,
Does the henna make your feet turn green/black?

BarbM 08-28-2009 01:35 PM

Henna leaves my feet kinda orangish-brown...and fades pretty fast. Sometimes I soak my feet in a bath with baking soda and epsom salts. That gets rid of the color from the henna and makes my feet feel great, too. I love to put Curel Targeted Therapy deep penetrating foot cream on after the soak....even better!!! My feet have never been taken better care of than now!!! :)

Karen Wheel 09-10-2009 04:14 AM

Leslie - are you better? Is the Henna working?
Karen

charlotte 12-01-2009 03:47 AM

I also am having side effects from xeloda/tykerb, I have slighty red feet and hands.. the worst part of this is my hands.. they peel, some fingernail damage, fingers are stiff hard to bend etc. I have some cracks on my feet (also on my hands very painful)... when I go to bed at night, it looks funny.. I have slathered my feet with vasoline, put on socks and also my hands have gloves on. It helps some what, but still some pain left.. Hope you get some relief soon. Charlotte

Liaidarutrica 06-30-2010 03:56 PM

Xeloda red hot feet

I Luv the Red Hot Chili Peppers The Rock They sing Rock and Alternative

Unregistered 11-30-2010 05:39 PM

Try Vitamin K cream. It is an over the counter cream that acts like Henna without staining the skin. The pain has to do with micro fractures of the arteries and veins (from what I can tell) and Vitamin K is called that because it was involves with clotting. The henna with lemon juice works well if you heat it up and then let it sit for 24 hours. Then heat back up o put on the feet. Try both and figure which one works best for you.

pibikay 12-15-2010 06:59 AM

My wife's palms have turned dark and she has a hot sendation in her palms