HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Surgery next week for Caya (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59328)

caya 10-18-2013 11:50 AM

Surgery next week for Caya

Hi all,

I'm having an oopherectomy next week on Wed. Oct. 23rd. During my routine pelvic trans- vaginal ultrasound this past May, they found a simple cyst in my right ovary - not a big deal, but my. onc. and gyn. both agree that this "activity" in my post menopausal ovaries is not the best thing, so out they come.

And while I'm under, my gyn. is also going to do a bladder lift - I had this done in 2004 when I had my hysterectomy (uterus only at the time) - but thanks to chemo, it fell again. So the ovaries go out laproscopically, the lift is vaginal. I'll be in the hospital overnight, then it's about a 6 week recuperation - no lifting, no vacuuming, no pushing grocery carts etc. Basically no housework, gee I'm real upset about that (lol).

So please keep me in your thoughts, and I'll check in after the surgery to let everyone know how I'm doing.

all the best
caya

Jackie07 10-18-2013 11:56 AM

Re: Surgery next week for Caya

Caya,

I'll be thinking of you. Take care.

KsGal 10-18-2013 01:56 PM

Caya, Lots of prayers and positive energy for great surgery results and a quick recovery. I wouldn't miss the housework either!

sarah 10-18-2013 02:00 PM

Caya,
Take care, be patient, stock up on lots of good books and movies and some chocolate!
love sarah

KDR 10-18-2013 02:16 PM

Caya,
Best of luck!
Karen

dawny 10-18-2013 02:48 PM

Best wishes Caya, it is very sad about the housework lol
Love Dawn xx

tricia keegan 10-18-2013 03:07 PM

Caya my ooph was the easiest surgery I ever had and will be thinking of you and hope yours is the same. xx

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-18-2013 03:19 PM

You're officially in my thoughts, Caya. May the surgery go easily for you and the recup too.

I remember once having really really low white bld count and the onc said, Go right home. I said, I am just seeing the dentist and then... NO. And I got the speech. Don't go anywhere there are a lot of pp. No supermarkets. No movies.

My husband laughed and said, Seriously?! He said that, No supermarkets?! Smiling he asked, Did he say no jewelry stores too???

Be a lady of leisure. Enjoy your time off!

Let us hear from you when you can...

Love,

Andi

Becky 10-18-2013 03:50 PM

I agree with Trisha. My ooph was the easiest surgery ever but don't know what it will be like combined with the lift. You'll sail through and no housework is a good enough reason for me to get a lift (of any kind). I will be thinking of you.

Pamelamary 10-18-2013 05:23 PM

Best wishes Caya, for a successful procedure and a gentle, relaxed recuperation - perhaps even a little self indulgence?
Pam

NEDenise 10-18-2013 06:07 PM

Caya,
Sweetie... take as long as you can before getting back to that pesky housework.
And... while you're not able to push a shopping cart, or lift groceries,
please,
please
make sure you have someone lined up
to make sure your stash of chocolate is fully stocked and within easy reach.
Priorities my friend... I know yours are in proper order!

You know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers on Wed. and as you nurse yourself back to health.
Post when you can... you know how we worry! :)
love and a big hug headed North!
Denise

SusanN 10-18-2013 06:31 PM

Hi Caya,
I also had a hysterectomy & bladder lift...2005...
Indeed, REST AND LET OTHERS HELP YOU!!
Know I will be sending prayers your way!!

sassy 10-18-2013 06:59 PM

Be thinking of you Caya. My ooph too was super easy--looking back I should have really milked that "no housework or heavy lifting" thing a bit more!

Take care and take it easy!!

LoisLane 10-18-2013 08:47 PM

will be thinking of you and have a quick recovery. Let everyone take care of you and of course as you say "eat chocolate it's good for you"

StephN 10-18-2013 09:47 PM

Good for you for being proactive once again. And taking care of a little something else while the team are in there ...

Maybe you can just life some hand weights to keep your arms nice and pretty? To stay in shape for lifting that yummy chocolate in whatever form your whims desire.

Paty 10-19-2013 05:43 AM

Caya,

Best wishes and prayers going your way for good results. Hugs to you!!

Paty

MaineRottweilers 10-19-2013 07:57 AM

Best wishes for a safe surgery and speedy recovery.

JillaryJill 10-19-2013 08:05 AM

Best wishes to you!

roz123 10-19-2013 08:19 AM

hugs and prayers....and a speedy recovery!

SoCalGal 10-19-2013 10:34 AM

Will send lots of good thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery...at least once it's over then every day will be a healing day...As you know, once we are diagnosed with cancer, our docs are very diligent with our healthcare, which is a good thing!! Keep us posted.