HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Our Waterdreamer is Gone (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66432)

phil 08-31-2017 03:24 PM

Our Waterdreamer is Gone

Fern Gerard , " Waterdreamer " passed away about 2 weeks ago. She was a fierce fighter and an activist for Stage IV rights. But most of all she was a Loving Mother , Wife and Family member . She and I talked regularly and she was a great encourager to me in our activism with the FDa and Pharma . I will miss her .

Juls 08-31-2017 04:21 PM

Re: Our Waterdreamer is Gone

So sad to hear this.

My condolences to her family and friends.

Julie

thinkpositive 08-31-2017 05:50 PM

I'm so sorry to read this about Fern. I read so many of her posts and she always had some words of encouragement & wisdom for others. She battled this disease in her own manner with a fierce determination to be there for her family. I will miss her and will carry that waterdreamer spirit with me always.

My love goes out to her family.

Carol Ann 08-31-2017 07:30 PM

Oh this is so awful. She fought so hard for so long. She helped and encouraged so many here for so many years.

I am so sorry.

Carol Ann

Pamelamary 08-31-2017 10:50 PM

Thank you for letting us know about this sad news. Fern has been a constant and inspiring presence on this site for as long as I can remember. We shall all miss her. Condolences to all her family and friends.

donocco 09-01-2017 10:19 AM

Very sorry to hear of this. She emailed me with a question long ago
and bit by bit I got to know her, at least a bit. Always up and positive.
My condolences to her husband and children.

Paul

Bunty 09-02-2017 01:20 AM

Very sad news..... I always read Fern's posts - her beauty and strength shone from within. Condolences to Fern's family and all loved ones.
Marie

lkc Gumby 09-03-2017 03:23 PM

Very sorry to hear this. My condolences to Ferns family.

jaykay 09-03-2017 05:48 PM

So sorry to hear this. Condolences to Fern's friends and family.

I hate this disease

sarah 09-04-2017 08:44 AM

Thank you for letting us know. Very sad. Condolences to Fern's friends and family.
hugs Sarah

Mary Jo 09-04-2017 08:17 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

MaineRottweilers 09-05-2017 04:55 AM

Phil, thank you for letting us know.

Rest in peace, Fern. Your presence on this board and FB forums will be missed. Ever grateful for your kind words.

Laurel 09-06-2017 09:48 AM

Oh NO!!! NO, NO, NO!!!! I just popped on after the holiday to read Phil's news! This is just so sad and wrong! Fern was wonderful and such a warrior. I will miss her greatly!

phil 09-06-2017 04:10 PM

She was very near death back in December , talking with hospice . Then neratinib came along . Puma gave her compassionate use , and she rebounded miraculously . I know she was grateful that Puma , a relatively small biotech , gave her a chance . So many of the small co.'s don't give much , if any . Like Cascadian and Macrogenics - both bringing along our next promising her2 drugs. tucatinib and margetuximab . They use stage ivs for their trials then deny us a chance .
Ferns' cea went from the 900's down to somewhere around 100 , i think . She felt great up into June at least . The re-occurrence must have been quick because she never got to post . You know she would have if she could have , she was always sharing her experiences and helping others . that's who she was. her family posted on Fb asking for prayers and a few weeks later she was gone. She had been through many , many treatments and her nasty cancer morphed repeatedly - so i guess the neratinib could only hold a while. She loved her children fiercely, the water and scuba diving. RIP

jra40 09-07-2017 11:00 AM

What a serious loss, it's just so hard to hear this news. I loved her posts, she was such a true warrior and honestly thought she was never going to succumb to this dreadful disease. Just so very sad, prayers to all who loved and knew her

SoCalGal 09-11-2017 10:47 PM

Phil,
Thanks for letting us know. So sad, RIP dear Fern.
Flori

StephN 09-13-2017 11:09 PM

My heart hurts with this news. Fern also reached out to me a few times, but contact was sporadic. She was serious about life and helping others as well. RIP sweet lady.

DianaMK 09-14-2017 06:52 PM

So sad. Prayers for her family.

jacqueline1102 09-15-2017 08:48 AM

So very sad. Thoughts and prayers to her family. She will be missed here as well.

tricia keegan 09-16-2017 11:43 AM

Very sad to read this today, may she RIP.