HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Dodged another bullet! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24131)

Lisa 06-09-2006 08:55 AM

Dodged another bullet!

Friends,

Yesterday I visited with my onc to get my PET/CT fusion results. As he talked about my liver and bone mets and how they were stable, I was holding my breath waiting for him to let us hear about the lung mets. But he never said a word. So I anxiously asked..."and the lung."

"Oh, the scan was clear. There was nothing there." So calm. So nonchalent. While I was jumping up and down inside.

He then immediately began talking about Tykerb. Since he was at ASCO and heard the presentation, he believes I'm the perfect one of his patients to give it a try. His staff is already contacting GSK. As of now, I'll stay on Herceptin and Xeloda. Then when/if Tykerb becomes available, I'll drop Herceptin. (It feels like dropping an old friend.)

Life can truly turn on a dime.

Love and light to all of you,

Lisa

Lolly 06-09-2006 09:03 AM

Wow!

Lisa, I'm simply thrilled for you! What great news to hear first thing in the morning...better than a cup o' cappichino!

<3 Lolly

jag 06-09-2006 09:20 AM

woooo-hooooo lisa ...thats good news to hear......GOD BLESS

RhondaH 06-09-2006 09:29 AM

Awesome News...

I'm actually CRYING for you I'm so happy. Now you and Mel celebrate and have a GREAT weekend:)

Rhonda

Vi Schorpp 06-09-2006 09:35 AM

Life is good...I'm happy for you. By the way, I love your current picture!

tammymarie1971 06-09-2006 10:12 AM

Oh Lisa I am so happy for you!!!!! That must be a huge weight off your already loaded shoulders!!
Have an awesome weekend!
Tammy

karenann 06-09-2006 10:12 AM

Lisa,

I am so happy for you!!!!

Hugs,

Karen

Helen 06-09-2006 10:54 AM

Great news Lisa!

Helen

StephN 06-09-2006 11:00 AM

What DID they see ...

in the first scan that was so suspicious?? I would want to know to make sure that a false alarm doesn't happen again. Your stomach lining is already stressed enough, eh? http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...cons/icon7.gif
Super news that Tykerb was one of the first words out of your doc's mouth. I would not say you have failed on herceptin - just that you never get past a certain point against the mets. And Tykerb will protect your brain which is a biggie at this point.
Off to see my brain surgeon now.

pattyz 06-09-2006 12:11 PM

Lisa! Wonderful news on all fronts :o)

lots of hugs,
pattyz

Barbara H. 06-09-2006 01:18 PM

Lisa, this is such great news. Let's just hope that maybe Tykerb will be the drug that gets you to NED!!! I'm so happy to hear this news.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

lindaw 06-09-2006 03:16 PM

Dear lisa
What great news - you must have been so excited.You Onc sounds great to be investigating Tykerb already.Have a great weekend and enjoy the relief.

love
lindaw

al from Canada 06-09-2006 03:27 PM

good news stuff but..

I think that is fantasic. You know I love you Lisa Love and Light so I will play devil's advocate. From ASCO, weren't the really HUGE results from herceptin + tykerb? and... if herceptin has got you stable, why switch and use up a potential valuable resource you may need further down the road? Most experience with this has shown that dual modalities are expodentially more effective than singles. I believe this is also born-out in the trials.

Great news,
Al

Lisa 06-09-2006 04:38 PM

Thanks, Al. I'll go back and check out the Tykerb.

I hope you and Mel can connect some day. And I pray that this time without Linda is getting a bit easier as days progress.

Love and light,

Lisa

Tami 06-09-2006 05:30 PM

fantastic news Lisa...definitely cause for celebration Enjoy! tami

madubois63 06-09-2006 05:35 PM

How wonderful Lisa!!!!!! Keep kicking cancer butt...

LovingDaughter 06-09-2006 05:48 PM

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE!!

How wonderful!

Becky 06-09-2006 07:49 PM

Keep the the great dodging and weaving Lisa. I am so happy for you. Hopefully you can stay on Herceptin and take Tykerb as Herceptin deals with the outside of the cancer cells (extra cellular domain) and Tykerb takes care of the inside of the cells (intercellular domain) plus some Xeloda and pow - NED.

Kindest regards

Becky

Bev 06-09-2006 08:16 PM

Yeah! Keep posting the good stuff. I know it's not all good, but it really helps the rest of us that have some doomed days. Best wishes BB.

rinaina 06-10-2006 07:12 AM

Thrilled for you Lisa, you deserve some good news. Congrats and good luck with the Tykerb when and if.