HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Nicola (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34912)

Bill 07-26-2008 10:17 PM

Nicola

This is my 1000th post and I dedicate it to my wonderful wife, Nicola. I feel very fortunate and blessed to have known some amazing people in my life. Nikki was the best of the best. She was so strong and tough and courageous, even while facing the realities of this horrible disease. In her honor, I will be sending a check to this wonderful website. We thank all of you for all of your support and kind words and prayers over the years. Nicola lost her battle with cancer on November 18th, 2007.

Jean 07-26-2008 10:28 PM

Dear Bill,
I am so very moved by your post and your deep love for
Nicola. We are very fortunate to have you as part of our
special family. You are proof that Her2 support group isn't only for those with breast cancer.

You are a major contributor to so many, your warmth, funny and reassuring personality is a gift to many.

Nicola was a very loved woman by a very special man.

Fondly,
Jean

Colleens_Husband 07-26-2008 10:40 PM

Dear Bill:

Thanks for being such a dedicated and caring member of this community. Congratulations on your 1000th post. To me, I see it as a badge of honor and a measure of how much you gave to this site. You are truly an inspiration to me and if I am only one percent as devoted to my wife and to the brave warriors on this site, then I would be happy with that.

Bill, you are truly a good man and you are a dear friend.

Lee

harrie 07-26-2008 10:50 PM

Bill,
I can tell you and Nicola shared a love together that empowered you both to live life to the fullest. I wish I could have gotten to know her. I feel like I can see a glimpse of her through you and and I can tell she was very special.
BBB, what I am so proud of you for is this: you experienced and supported all what Nicola had to go through with her journey with cancer. After she left you physically, you have continued to offer your support to so many of us here at HER2 and all done with such compassion, kindness and positive energy.
I could not agree more with Jean when she said, "Nicola was a very loved woman by a very special man".
Muchas Alohas my dear friend,
Maryanne

Donna 07-26-2008 11:42 PM

We have been blessed....

by Nicola as a sister and by you as a brother. Thanks so very much for being here - for continuing to be here for the family you have here. You honor Nicola with each and every post you make here. I love to see your posts, they are always heartfelt and show a particular joy in life that Nicola must have loved! We love you!

Donna

Mary Anne in TX 07-27-2008 01:45 AM

Bill, are you hearing Nikki saying, "Now, Bill"....
Somehow I think she's watching (with all our other warriors on high) and smiling and speaking to us someway! You know, I wonder sometimes if there is really anything really so important as finding and loving others til they giggle.
Giggles to you, Bill. Whatever will be in those next 1000 posts? God Bless you. ma

Mary Jo 07-27-2008 06:12 AM

Dear Bill,

I join in with the others who say we are the blessed ones. Your wife's cancer, your awesome love and care for her and the special bond you both shared is what has given you the kind of heart you have and are now able to share with us here at her2support. As I've said before.......we here at her2support "get it" and you definitely "get it!" The kind words you have shared......the knowledge you have gained from "living" with this disease and your awesome sense of humor has been a true blessing to all of us here at her2support. Thank YOU for that.

May God's Hand of love and peace always hold you close Bill.

Hugs,

Mary Jo

Gerri 07-27-2008 06:16 AM

Dear sweet Bill,

What a wonderful tribute to Nikki. I know that she is smiling down on you and at the same time she is not surprised; she knew what a wonderful man and partner she had in you. You are an inspiration to us all - you took a personal tragedy and used it to reach out and help others. I hope in some way it has helped you too. Thank you for being a part of this board and giving so much of yourself everyday.

Much love,

Gerri

Faith in Him 07-27-2008 08:22 AM

Bill,

This is a lovely reflection of your love for Nikki. Although I only knew her through this website and only briefly, anyone could tell that she was a very special person. In fact, she has touched my life in a way that I may not have shared. At the end of her signature are Bible scriptures and I have looked up and written down every one of them. I often read them during my bible time.

Thank you for all you bring to this website and for continuing to share Nikki with us.

Tonya

WomanofSteel 07-27-2008 11:07 AM

Bill you are without a doubt one of the sweetest and sentimental men I know. Nikki was blessed to have you as a husband as are we blessed to have you as a friend.

ElaineM 07-27-2008 11:29 AM

Nicola

Mahalo nui loa Bill !! That means "thank you very much" in Hawaiian. You and Nicola were a special couple. We are lucky to have had her and to still have you as our friend.

juanita 07-27-2008 05:02 PM

We are truly blessed to have known Nikki and to know you. You bring light into dark days and such wonderful words of advice for any who need it. THANK YOU!

kcherub 07-27-2008 05:42 PM

Awww, Bill. What a wonderful post for a wonderful woman.

I, for one, am so glad you stuck around. :)

Take care,

goops 07-27-2008 06:26 PM

I can almost see Nicola watching Bill and smiling right now. :)

Cannon 07-27-2008 06:30 PM

Bill,
You and Nicola are each an inspiration.
Love,
Cannon aka Rebecca

hutchibk 07-27-2008 07:31 PM

Bill, wow. You are such an inspiration, and you have a beautiful angel always around you. Thank you for continuing to share her with us...

RhondaH 07-27-2008 08:12 PM

Nicola was...

VERY lucky!!!!

sassy 07-27-2008 08:50 PM

Our Dear Bill

Nicola was a very special woman who was blessed to have a very special husband.

We have all been blessed by your sharing of your lives.

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."
-----Henry Ward Beecher

Jade 07-28-2008 01:35 AM

Bill,
You are a special awesome guy. And Nikki was clearly a smart cookie to have chosen you. Thank you for your insight, wisdom and caring for all of us here. May happiness and inner peace be yours always.

Jade

lilyecuadorian 07-28-2008 06:17 AM

Bill , something that Nikki can bragg in ( i dont know if I write correct ) is that she haved a TRUE LOVE with you and you know you did have with HER ...and many many many people never can get even close what it is TRUE LOVE ....for me you both had that ...and I'm so lucky to count with you like a true friend , thank you !!! I know Nicola she is just smile of happiness and proud !!!