HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Hey Bill! More cupcakes ... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33272)

StephN 03-27-2008 06:01 PM

Hey Bill! More cupcakes ...

Just watch MARTHA next week, or set your TIVO. It will be "Cupcake Week" on her show.
Or you can go to her website and see all the cupcake recipes and the suggestions people post!
http://www.marthastewart.com/
Not that YOU need any more ideas! Tee hee.

Cutest Cupcake Contest

http://images.marthastewart.com/imag...cupcakes_s.jpg Share photos of your most creatively decorated cupcakes -- use flowers, candy, marzipan, or whatever inspires -- and you could win an elegant cupcake tree from the Martha Stewart Collection. Contest begins Monday, March 31.

(Don't normally watch her show, but was channel surfing when I heard this.)

Bill 03-27-2008 06:47 PM

Hehehehe, that's funny, Steph, I saw a young woman riding down the rode today peeling a cupcake and eating it. Yep, I've got too many ideas already, how could you tell? Right now I'm working in the greenhouse section of my laboratory trying to purify the strain of seeds I've developed for my cupcake tree. Thus far, all of my efforts have resulted only in a pitiful six foot bush that sprouts only "bite-size" chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing. If I tried to publish those papers, I'd be the laughing stock of the scientific community. Don't worry, Ladies, I'll be hard at work until I perfect the "Cupcake Tree". I don't want to be known amongst my peers as, "that loser, Sir William, worked his whole life in the field and the best he could do was come up with a bite-size chocolate morsel bush, not even a full cupcake, hahaha,...good chap, though, he'll be missed....."

hutchibk 03-27-2008 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We have a cool place here in Austin called HEY CUPCAKE! It is in an airstream trailer and is so cool. I wish it had been my idea...There is a line of at least 10 people at the window all day long. And their cupcakes rock.

Bill 03-27-2008 09:32 PM

Hucklebuck, I busted out laughing, that is so funny!

Kathy S in Tokyo 03-27-2008 11:57 PM

I thought cupcakes grew on vines. I guess I'll have to clear all those non-producing vines away and make room for a planter for a tree on the balcony now. Too bad I didn't plant in time for DD2's birthday on Sunday.

juanita 03-29-2008 06:26 PM

Hmmmm, I've been working on my donut tree. Just hasn't sprouted yet.

Bill 03-29-2008 06:31 PM

Hello, Bonita! Nice new pic of you guys. A donut tree is a great idea!

Colleens_Husband 06-06-2008 04:52 PM

Hey Bill:

I know, you work on your cupcake tree, I perfect the spray cheese tree, and we introduce the worlds best snack food, cupcakes with spray cheese filling. It's a yin and yang thing. I know you are thinking, "But does spray cheese even taste good with cupcakes?" That's the beauty of the plan. It doesn't have to!

Who ever thought peanut butter and chocolate would taste good together? Well, they don't. Reeses Corporation just convinced everyone it tastes good through marketing. With the right marketing you could convince people to like coffee flavored latte's. Okay maybe not that. That might be an extreme example, but you get the picture, right?

Lee

ElaineM 06-07-2008 04:11 PM

cupcakes

hi,
Huuummm. Yummy.

juanita 06-07-2008 07:46 PM

sounds like a good idea. i can think of a few flavors to go together.

Bill 06-09-2008 05:45 PM

Lee, you madcap, it's so crazy it just might work! We could call it the "cheesecake", no that's already taken, so we'll have to figure out a name later. I think we've got something here. This is highly do-able! Lee, you're a genius!

chrisy 06-10-2008 04:46 PM

Bill the cupcake crisis is worse than I thought

OK, we already know that hospitals are not traditionally known for their fine cuisine. Although some of them are bucking the trend and installing 4star chefs to head their food service (I have actually GONE OUT TO DINNER at our local Sutter hospital!).

But what I saw this morning at UCSF made me shudder! They have knock-off Hostess cupcakes! and knock-off Twinkies! Not even the real thing - just cheap imitations of hostess cupcakes and twinkies. This could be a disaster for the undiscerning customer - I mean what if the fakies don't have an infinite shelflife like the real ones? Somebody could be poisoned!

Hurry with that cupcake tree...

p.s. bill - I almost took a picture of them but I didn't have my spy camera, only my regular one

Bill 06-10-2008 06:29 PM

Chrisy, I know. There is nothing like the real thing. Those knock-offs just make you miserable. A fake Twinkie or Hostess cupcake for dessert just flat out ruins a good dinner. Why, just last week I took a very nice young woman out to dinner at a fine local restaurant and the steaks were awesome and after dinner, the waiter asked if we cared for any dessert. You guys know me, I'm rather timid and fearful, but this time I just went for broke. I really wanted to impress this girl, so I looked her in the eye and said to the waiter, "mister, we'll have the Twinkie for Two." My date was obviously impressed, as any woman would be. When the waiter returned with the Twinkie for Two, we each picked up our forks and romantically scooped out the end piece, our eyes locked together as we tasted the first bite. I immediately knew something was wrong. My dates eyes got very big and then turned from green to black in an instant. "What the h*** is this B******t you're trying to pull, you tightwad S*B! That's a fake Twinkie!" She got up and stormed out, sticking me with her half of the bill. I keep waiting, but she still hasn't called me. (Secret message to Secret Squirrel- didn't I tell you to always, always carry your spy-cam with you?!?!?! You never know when you will need it)

Mgarr 08-08-2008 05:38 PM

Posted my cupcakes in the gallery for you all.

Mar

harrie 09-04-2008 12:00 AM

I recently made 96 cupcakes!! Between this weekend and last!! My son is in town and he and his friends LOVE my cupcakes and they practically inhale them!! Made choc and vanilla with butter icing and sprinkles on top.

Mary, your cupcakes are BEAUTIFUL!!!

juanita 09-04-2008 02:55 PM

Made 120 cupcakes the past 2 nights. They feed our football team on Thursday nights before home games on Friday, so I pitched in. It's normally cookies but this week it was cupcakes. Dilly helped put the sprinkles on top so some got more than others.

harrie 09-04-2008 11:28 PM

OMG Juanita!!! I THOUGHT my 96 between 2 weekends was amazing...but 120 in 2 nights!!!???

StephN 09-05-2008 11:30 AM

Now we know that among her other attributes, Juanita is a POWER BAKER.

The good thing is that she is giving those cookies and cupcakes to a GOOD CAUSE and not sneaking a few for herself! Maybe one for Dilly ...

Juanita is an example of true neighborhood generosity. We would just give our grandsons money to treat their team after their baseball/soccer games.

Mgarr 09-05-2008 02:06 PM

Harrie Thanks. Wish I could take credit for baking them- I do not like to bake, Love to cook --if you bakers were closer I'd make a deal I cook dinner you bake!

Mar