HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~It's Believe51 And I Am Sending Love And Thanks (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41144)

Believe51 09-19-2009 10:24 PM

~It's Believe51 And I Am Sending Love And Thanks

Just wanted to tell you that I miss the board and having you in my daily life. You are still there though, as I go through my day gentle thoughts of you embrace me. Even during this brief absence I can feel your love and energy.

I am staying centered and focused moving on during this part of the journey. I laugh and carry on through these days like this is not happening. I used to be unsure why and maybe still unsure, but I do not want to miss a thing. I have been hanging out at Facebook trying to move on alone, catching up on the life that I have missed for the last 3 years.

Ed is failing slowly as I watch so very helpless. The remote is no longer a source of freedom it is that of pure frustration. He no longer can use it. The pain is still unbearable and that is with 320mg of Oxicontin, highest dose of Percocet, highest dose of Fentynal, highest dose of Tramadol. I am told that no meds can help at this point and I do believe it. I do not want to see him unconcious either. He mumbles badly and must reach for the words and thoughts that would before come so naturally. He is almost completely deaf so communication, unfortunately, is very slim and difficult. He does talk crazy sometimes but this may be meds may be mets.

It is taking me more energy to stay focused than not but I cannot fall in a funk. I am very sad but really know I am going to be alright afterwards. My friends have proved during this time that they shall carry me through. I have always known this but could not make sense that I would be okay. I am confident.

I have been getting ready to get back to work but Rose will not hire until after Ed's death. She wants me to take care of him and calls to check up and to reassure me I have my own desk and unlimited budget....Flori, let's do some shopping therapy together...lol.

I will not be gone long, I cannot stay focused here right now. I shall return and let you know of the wonderous things I am doing with my life. I will give you the lowdown of the foundation. Of course I will be in charge of breast cancer.

And we have decided that we are not mentioning cancer in the obit...it WILL NOT get the last frapping word!!!!!!!!! What cancer does not understand is that even with the death of my husband I will fight it until the death of myself. I had reservations if I could do this after losing him but that too is a must.

I love you all and know that you understand that in order to function, I need this vacation. Double-edged sword. I miss you and my home. And the best thing about home is the door is always open.

Thanks for loving us this deeply, for this journey would have been a bust.>>Marie

Paty 09-19-2009 11:05 PM

Re: ~It's Believe51 And I Am Sending Love And Thanks

Marie,

Be sure we love you deeply. Thanks for being there and for being such and inspiration to all, thanks for your tireless efforts to fight BC. A prayer for Ed and for you.

Love,

Paty

Faith in Him 09-19-2009 11:33 PM

Dearest Marie,

Cancer never did stand a chance against you and Ed. Your love story is so much bigger and stronger than it.

I am holding you both close in prayer.

God Bless, my friend.

Jackie07 09-20-2009 02:56 AM

Marie,

Love your posting, thanks.

We shall patiently await your return. Meanwhile, do take good care of yourself and know that you and your family are in our prayers.

Jackie07

suzan w 09-20-2009 09:14 AM

Marie and Ed, thank you for your post. Stay strong and know that , like TIMEX, we take a licking and keep on ticking!!! Much love to you both. XO Suzan

Ceesun 09-20-2009 09:25 AM

Love to you both dear Marie. Ceesun

ammebarb 09-20-2009 10:11 AM

I'm glad that you know that our love surrounds you, as those gentle thoughts embrace you. Every day, Marie.....Wishing you comfort and sending you strength and love.

Barb A.

freyja 09-20-2009 10:13 AM

I feel this is a very metamorphic transition for you, Marie.....and for Ed, too. It reminds me of the silk worms I saw once, two of them sometimes weave themselves into one cocoon. They each begin as two separate beings, then weave themselves into one, and transform together into two new things. Maybe both of you are growing very hard earned wings, in two different ways...but you'll always fly together. Your connection is eternal.
Brighter days are sure to come. That's my perspective.
Love to you, Marie and Ed,
Celeste

alicem 09-20-2009 10:19 AM

Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this difficult time. We are all so concerned for you and Ed - and of course keeping you in our prayers. Take all the time you need. There is no right way to do this and no wrong way to do this. There is only YOUR way to do this. We are always here for you.

Love, Alice

chrisy 09-20-2009 10:34 AM

marie,
yes...the door is always open for you, as is my heart.

Blessings,
Chris

MJo 09-20-2009 11:29 AM

Thank you for posting. I think of you and Ed often.

RhondaH 09-20-2009 01:51 PM

Marie, hugs to you and Ed...you are in my thoughts often;)

Karen W 09-20-2009 02:16 PM

Love you back Marie and Ed.

Karen W

ElaineM 09-20-2009 03:16 PM

Welcome back. If Ed is up to it why don't you see if he will get in a wheelchair if he is not up to walking. Then you both can join us by the campfire for some prayers, food, hugs and fresh air.

loveher 09-20-2009 03:40 PM

Marie,
It's so very hard going through this stage. just know that you are not alone.

Is Ed's pain from the brain mets? Is he on any steroids or anything that reduces brain swelling from mets? I know you are very on top of everything but just wanted to throw that out there.

thinking of you guys
-Sue

caya 09-20-2009 05:45 PM

Big hugs to you Sweet Marie, and Ed.

all the best
caya

flynny 09-20-2009 06:24 PM

I am thinking and praying for you during this most difficult time. I feel your positive energy still coming through with the words you write. You are amazing and I am sending you a big hug.

DanaRT 09-20-2009 06:40 PM

Marie, You write so eloquently about this (horrible) transition in your life. One cannot imagine the strength.

Thanks for posting today.
Prayers, warm thoughts and many hugs,
Dana

Chelee 09-20-2009 08:48 PM

Dear Marie, I know it's been anything but easy. Your one special lady that I admire so much. The love you've shown for Ed is beyond touching. I too felt so helpless watching my Mother slip away...my heart goes out to you. Be good to yourself and know that I am sending you warm healing thoughts & prayers. (Big hugs!)

Chelee

Rich66 09-20-2009 10:02 PM

Unable to help..but getting strength from yours.