HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   3 year Canserversary March 5 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33221)

Marlys 03-24-2008 11:01 AM

3 year Canserversary March 5

I was in Arizona enjoying the sun and spring training baseball and the date passed. We had great time and bought a new motor home. I managed to fall out of the door and broke my wrist. I had surgery on 3/19 for that & also saw a pulmonologist because a chest ct scan showed 2 nodes under the sternum. He wants me to have a pet scan which is scheduled for next Friday. Since I am stage 1 I am inclined to deny the possibility of mets. However since I was a heavy smoker I do have some concerns about lung cancer. Any input??
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Mary Anne in TX 03-24-2008 11:16 AM

I look at your picture and read your message and think..."WOW, what a lady!"
I'll be praying for ya, Marlys. ma

StephN 03-24-2008 01:51 PM

Was wondering and thought maybe you had a computer crash or something. Wrong - just off having all kinds of fun!

Fortunately the accident happened after your Canserversary!

Glad your wrist is well enough that you can type a little. Don't know what to say about the nodes. Getting the PET as soon as possible is the best course. Maybe even see if they can move it up if there is a cancellation.

Sending all best wishes for good outcomes with wrist and nodes. Fate seems to keep our plates full, just when we get them a little empty!

I just got tickets for the Mariners vs. Boston on July 21.

Becky 03-24-2008 02:05 PM

Did you have a lumpectomy? I think I remember that you did. If so, where was your breast tumor and did you get rads near the sternum. Lung cancer or almost any primary cancer presents as one tumor, not two. Secondly, lots of women on this board have had the same thing as you - 2+ nodules in a lung (and on the lumpectomy side). None were cancer and deemed from rads (which really do affect the affected side more than we care to think - I for one do not have the breath I used to when running and cannot go as far or as fast without having to stop).

You need to get it checked out but the likihood that it is something is small.

Happy Cancerversary to you!

goops 03-24-2008 03:10 PM

Its great to see a baseball fan here - I missed most of last season (due to chemo fatigue) and I look very forward to this year.

Good luck on your pet scan.

Marlys 03-24-2008 03:13 PM

Becky,
Thanks for your input. That is the kind of info I was hoping for. Sometimes my brain goes on vacation and leaves me behind to figure things out. And since I am so brain dependent I generally fail. You are right. The nodes are on the lumpectomy side and I did get rads there. And I remember that this is not an unusual occurence after all.
Again thanks for the reassurance.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

caya 03-24-2008 04:49 PM

Congrats Marlys on being 3 years out - and good luck with your PET scan.
I like Becky's explanation, so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

all the best,
caya

hutchibk 03-24-2008 05:24 PM

Congrats on your anniversary Marlys... and blessings for a clean and clear PET next week!

Bill 03-24-2008 05:27 PM

Congrats, Marly on your cancerversary! Please keep us posted about your test results, but it sounds like Becky called it. If you rode your bike out in Az., I hope you wore your helmet even though there's no helmet law out there. Sorry you broke your wrist, but I'm happy that you got a new motor home. Love, Bill

tousled1 03-24-2008 05:34 PM

Maryls,

Congratulations on your three year mark! Hoping that all comes back clear with your PET scan next week. Please keep us posted.

sassy 03-24-2008 05:37 PM

Congrats Maryls! I'm with the rest of the gang and vote for rads explanation.

Marlys 03-28-2008 03:15 PM

Well, the petscan did not light up the chest nodes. Radiologists think they are most likely cysts. However it did light up a nodule on my thyroid. So now they will do an ultrasound on that next Tuesday. I can't seem to get very concerned about that.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

hermiracles 03-28-2008 04:17 PM

At least you got some good news Marlys!http://her2support.org/vbulletin/ima...ons/icon10.gif
Congratulations on your 3 years Sister
Blessings
Hermiracles

WomanofSteel 03-28-2008 04:32 PM

Congrats on your 3 years and best of luck with your pet scan.