HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Another interesting Day on Monday! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28148)

Sandy H 05-09-2007 06:09 AM

Another interesting Day on Monday!

I went in had the old port removed and a power port put in. My pain is gone in the arm and I am so far much happier with this one. The IV which had to be put in the arm infiltrated and so got a fat arm. Went to have cat scan and this was the second power port they had done so did not get it hooked up right and had contrast running down my neck and spraying in my face, and yet enough went in so my bottom felt warm! Not enough went into my body so had to give me another dose. Seems how I had dressing on the port they all got wet. Back to oncology for my chemo and the nurses were very kind to fix me up. The cat scan show bilateral large pleural effusions and both lower lobes completely collapsed. I was scheduled to get it drained next Tuesday but have gotten much worse and they pushed it up to Friday. I was told if I couldn't wait until than to go to E.R. which I will do this afternoon. I am wearing my funny socks and my green shoes for good luck. hugs, Sandy

Carolyns 05-09-2007 06:50 AM

Hi Sandy,

I am sorry to hear about this recent struggle...like we don't have enough on our hands. Good idea to go to the ER and wearing the green shoes is sure to bring you luck.

Prayers and warm wishes to you for a better experience and some relief today.

Love, Hope, and Peace,

Carolyns

Lolly 05-09-2007 07:06 AM

Sandy, you are a real trooper. As Kermit said, "It's not easy being green!" but your green shoes are a different story as they take you through each crisis with your spirit intact. You take everything in stride with grace and style and are a real inspiration to us. Holding you in my thoughts and prayers today and everyday.

<3 Lolly

Sheila 05-09-2007 07:14 AM

Sandy

You have had way more than your share, you are in my prayers going through all of this....wear the green shoes and show them what a fighter you are!

RhondaH 05-09-2007 07:19 AM

Sandy...

you are hanging SO tough. My prayers and huggs are with you. Rest.

Rhonda

Joy 05-09-2007 07:57 AM

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy you have been THROUGH IT! I'm so amazed by you and hoping you are doing as well emotionally as your posts seem to indicate. I'm really praying hard that all this dumb stuff passes SOON and you can move back to a place of calm with treatment. Consider yourself hugged AGAIN!

Andi 05-09-2007 07:59 AM

Sandy - I am so sorry to hear of your recent developments. Those green shoes are bound to bring you luck. Many prayers are also with you that you will once again come out on top.

chrisy 05-09-2007 09:07 AM

Sandy my dear,
You are due for a good turn of luck - and I'm hoping those green shoes and clever socks will help bring it about.

Much love and many hugs,
Chris

Mary Anne in TX 05-09-2007 09:49 AM

Hi Sandy! I'll be thinking green with everyone else as you go through one more ordeal. It's time for the flowers to bloom in your valley, girl. Every time I start planning my next pity party, I think of you and so many others who keep on keeping on in the fight. I am grateful for who you are, Sandy. May God make your road a bit easier. Luv, ma

StephN 05-09-2007 11:26 AM

Dear Sandy -

You are giving "living green" a whole new meaning! Do you have a hat or a green wig to go with? Maybe a little food coloring to make you look like an elf? A few lucky shamrocks as accessories?

Just am sick about your pleural effusions acting up so much and hope your medical team will find a way to resolve this problem. Severe shortness of breath is no joke.

A power port - I WANT one too. That is not what I got last time and I do think it was available. Need to find out why that is not what I got.

VaMoonRise 05-09-2007 12:06 PM

Sandy,

Sending you lots of hugs, well wishes and prayers. You have been through so much and have inspired so many. I know that with your great spirit and fighting attitude that you will come through this too. Hoping that everything improves drastically, as you most deserve it Sweetie.

Love & Hugs,
Nicola

Esther 05-09-2007 04:44 PM

Sandy, great about the power port, when I have to have mine replaced I will request a power port.

Hope things went well for you, and you got some relief.

Margerie 05-09-2007 07:59 PM

Bluck- I am sorry you had to spend your afternoon in the ER. I hope you are feeling better and are able to do some sock shopping!

Take care,

Margerie

Karen Weixel 05-09-2007 08:32 PM

Love, prayers and strength being sent your way Sandy.

Karen

Bev 05-09-2007 08:33 PM

Just click your heels and say there is no place like NED 3x.
The port thing almost sounds like someone made a boo-boo. I don't think I'd be very happy with the parties responsible.

Hang in there til Fri. Warm wishes and prayers for you. Bev

Rendi69CA 05-09-2007 08:47 PM

Dam Sandy...I hate that you going though this! I know how you feel and I want you to go to the ER and get your lungs drain. I wish I can be there with you. I wish you well. Love you! xoxoxo

Rendi

lindaw 05-10-2007 05:32 PM

Dear sandy

i am so sorry you are having a rough time. not sure about what day that was but please go to er sooner- don't hold out.I have been worrying about you and have not had a chance to access email - been sick with bronchitis.Please look after yourself .

love
Linda

Catherine 05-10-2007 10:41 PM

Green for Good Luck

Sandy,
Thank goodness you have those green shoes. Sounds like they are part of your battle plan. Hoping and praying for you tonight, tomorrow...and over the weekend and over the rainbow.

All the best, Catherine