HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Michka, how are you doing? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56865)

caya 12-18-2012 10:06 PM

Michka, how are you doing?

Michka, ma chere, how are you doing? I know you have been on TDM1 for many months. Any update on your status? Are you getting closer to NED?

I think of you often.

all the best
caya

NEDenise 12-18-2012 11:50 PM

Re: Michka, how are you doing?

Yes...Dear Michka...How are YOU?
Denise

sarah 12-19-2012 10:36 AM

Yes Bonjour,
Comment va-tu?
Je te souhaits un joyeux Noel et Bonne Nouvelle Annee avec plein de bonnes nouvelles, meilleur sante et joie.
hugs and love
sarah

michka 12-20-2012 02:45 AM

Oh! how sweet of you for asking...
I am OK. More than OK.
I started TDM1 a little more than 8 months ago with numerous tumors in my lungs liver chest and abdomen.
Today on the scans they see 2 spots on my liver and a spot where I had a tumor pushing on my bile duct and had to have a stent put in.
They also see a small spot on my lung that never moved.
They say I am stable but in fact they do not write the word "tumor" anymore on the scan report. For the liver I always thought (because I have old scans) that the spots that did not move are the scars from my resection and from the RFA. The one in my lung is small. It could be anything and it never moved while all the other ones disappeared. I am more worried about the one near the stent. It just a few mm but shows up on the scan. Is it a tumor, inflammation from the stent?
When I ask if they know what all those "things" are they say no. They say it is imaging and that the only way to know would be a biopsy but all this is too small.
So for me it is very very positive. They also do markers. My CA 15.3 and HER2 serum are back to normal now.I had a good brain MRI last month.

TDM1 has not been easy for me at all. I wrote about my side effects in the TDM1 side effects thread. I am worried about the traces they see on the top of both my lungs and that did not exist at the beginning of the treatment. They say they do not know what it is!
I strongly believe it is much more toxic than what is said. However, I still think it is a terrific treatment and really worth taking it. I am so lucky it worked for me when Herceptin never did. I am so so sad it did not work for FOB and others. I hope they can figure out the sub-types of women for whom it works or doesn't.

Now all my energy is to try to gain in quality of life.
I also hope TDM1 will be announced real fast now in the US and in Europe without 50 restrictions because it could save so many women.

Love to all. Carpe Diem! Michka

Jen 12-20-2012 09:20 AM

Way 2 go Michka....Your sister Sheila would be so happy 4 you!!

karen z 12-20-2012 09:41 AM

Michka,
I am so sorry that things have been difficult- but your results seem great.
Take very good care.

sarah 12-20-2012 10:06 AM

Bravo Michka,
so happy it's worked and things are looking good.
Have a very, very Merry Christmas and a Very, very Happy and Healthy New Year and I hope we can meet sometime.
hugs and love
sarah

Jackie07 12-20-2012 10:26 AM

Thank you, Caya, for starting the thread. Thank you, Michka, for the update. Happy holidays!

Mandamoo 12-20-2012 01:10 PM

Great news!

caya 12-20-2012 08:33 PM

Michka, keep up the fight- you are one brave determined femme!

Merry Christmas and Bonne Annee!

All the best
caya

Pray 12-21-2012 01:01 AM

Gods blessings to you Michka. I am hoping and praying all will go well for you. Peace, your friend, Nancy

michka 12-21-2012 06:04 AM

Dear Jen, your post made me cry. I know Sheila would have been happy. And you, Jen, are walking in her path. You wanted to share this thought with me forgetting your own sadness. I am sending you hugs. Michka

Lori R 12-21-2012 10:01 AM

Michka,
What fantastic news. I am so glad that TDM-1 has been so effective for you.

Thinking of you this holiday season. Enjoy!!!

Love, Lori

CarolineC 12-21-2012 10:18 AM

I'm so glad the treatment is helping and wishing you a wonderful holiday season!

mamacze 12-27-2012 06:49 PM

Michka - normal markers, clean brain scan, 8 months of reaching toward NED; such a bucket full of hope. Thank you so much for the news. Jen makes me tear up too; sending out hope and love in spite of an overwhelm of sadness - Love and hugs; Kim from CT