HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Still Missing NEDenise (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62885)

Mtngrl 03-23-2015 06:17 PM

Still Missing NEDenise

The last time I saw Denise was at the LBBC metastatic breast cancer conference in Philadelphia almost two years ago. Now it's coming up again. I won't be going because I'll be in Philly for Easter, and I do need to spend some time at home attending to some of my other projects.

I just re-read some emails she and I exchanged. She was so funny, good, kind, smart, dedicated, and loving. She took all of us under her wing, and she loved everyone fiercely.

I still miss her terribly.

JessicaV 03-23-2015 06:25 PM

Re: Still Missing NEDenise

I am sorry I never met her, I can see that your life was much richer for knowing her.

BonnieR 03-23-2015 07:08 PM

Thank you for keeping her memory alive. She left a legacy
Keep the faith

rhondalea 03-23-2015 10:46 PM

I'm not sure I'll ever have a coherent paragraph to offer on the subject of NEDenise, but I will never forget her, and I'll miss her always.

Thank you, Amy. <Here's the line that's missing.> As hard as I tried, I couldn't figure out how to say what I mean about the pain of her loss and the consolation of her memory. I just so wish she were still here with us.

Pamelamary 03-23-2015 11:01 PM

Denise was such a strong presence and we all miss her. Thanks Amy, for keeping her spirit alive here.
Best wishes.... Pam

LeahM 03-24-2015 03:28 AM

Me too. So very much

Carol Ann 03-24-2015 08:32 AM

I miss her too, Amy, and I never even had the chance to meet her in person like you did. I discovered this site while I was recovering from my double mastectomy and I had just gotten the news that my "healthy" breast revealed a HER2+++ tumor hiding inside it. I started reading all of Denise's posts and it was just then that she wrote the Warning Will Robinson post when she went into the hospital for the last time. :(

I am so grateful for everyone here ... but when I first found out I was HER2+++, her posts were the ones I found myself reading the most. Funny, kind, smart, and then gone, just when I was starting to have the energy to post and introduce myself to the group. Talk about a wake up call about the deadliness of HER2+++ breast cancer. Plus that she lived near where I grew up.

We will not forget. And we have not. I am still grieving right along with you.

Carol Ann

caya 03-24-2015 01:14 PM

I'll never forget NEDenise either.

all the best
caya

Bunty 03-24-2015 09:31 PM

I haven't posted much lately, but thanks Amy for this post. I often think of Denise, and Ted and her boys. I was only thinking this week that she was an angel on earth. We are so fortunate to have had her touch our lives.
Cheers Marie

TKasander 05-06-2015 12:44 PM

Hi All - It's incredible to me that Denise had such an impact on all of you and you still remember her so fondly. I know that this forum was her lifeline while battling cancer and she talked about many of you as if you had been friends forever. For those of you wondering, the boys and I are doing OK. Jack graduates high school in a few weeks and has accepted an academic scholarship to attend American University in DC in the fall. Ben broke his ankle playing baseball at the end of last summer and is just now getting back to athletic endeavors. Both are taking their AP course exams this week and next. I'm still learning how to prioritize my time and be "both" parents as best as I can, but overall it seems to be working. Thank God for the boys or I'm not sure that I would have been able to adjust to being without Denise. I'll be around here now that I've figured out how to become a member and use the reply features!

BonnieR 05-06-2015 01:20 PM

Thank you, Ted, for joining us. You are always most welcome. We would love to know how you and the boys are doing. We can be surrogate aunts, or something!
Keep the faith

Ceesun 05-06-2015 01:46 PM

Very sweet posts in memory of Denise and hearing from Ted is comforting. Bonnie, Loved your comment about being surrogate aunts! There are a lot of great people in our Her2 "club." xo Cathy

Carol Ann 05-06-2015 02:02 PM

Ted, how wonderful to see you here and thank you so much for posting and letting us all know how you and the boys are doing. You are in all our hearts too.

Carol Ann

Mtngrl 05-06-2015 02:19 PM

Ted,

Thank you for joining us! You are welcome any time.

I'm glad to know you and the boys are coping. I'm sure it's tough to be a single dad, but I can see how having the boys to look after, and to remind you of how the family you and Denise formed is being projected into the future, makes things better.

Denise meant so much to all of us. I can't begin to fathom how hard it must be for those who were closest to her. But she lives on in all our memories, and in your sons.

carlatte7 05-06-2015 05:29 PM

Hi, Ted. I didnt have a chance to meet Denise, but she was one of the first to reach out to me during those dark, dark days 3 years ago. What a dear, sweet soul. I miss her and think of her often.

suzan w 05-06-2015 06:00 PM

Hi Ted, welcome!!!

Bunty 05-07-2015 03:19 AM

I've been 'lurking' around the site for a few months, but had to log in to say welcome to Ted - it's so good to hear from you. Now that you've joined, you'll see why we all loved Denise so much, although you already know that. She touched so many bases, with such wisdom and laughter.
Marie

KDR 05-07-2015 01:21 PM

Ted, great to hear an update on your family and YOU!

It seems like Denise was here, and then she wasn't. It also seems she left an indelible mark--she was so special!

Also missing Courtney, Kim, Adriana, Emelie, Kristin, Sheila, Chrisy! People, help me out...too many precious people passed through here...

All be well,
Warmly
Karen

StephN 05-07-2015 04:30 PM

Yes, KDR, the "earned their wings" list is long, TOO long!

From earlier days of the site: Mary, Lisa, SandyHenry, madubois, IreneinTampa, LindainCanada, Esther, and so many others who left their life in posts here.

NEVER forgetting JOE and CHRISTINE!

Jackie07 05-08-2015 11:29 AM

For those who are not familiar with her wits and courage ... and how much she;s loved... http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...t=59493&page=4