HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Irene in Tampa....how's that new hip doing? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38948)

Mary Anne in TX 04-16-2009 01:26 PM

Irene in Tampa....how's that new hip doing?

I'm just checking on you, Irene to see how you're managing with your new hip replacement and your fall? I'm thinking good thoughts for you taking great care of yourself. Lot of love, ma

Believe51 04-16-2009 01:56 PM

Irene, I too am thinking about you and have been saying special prayers for you since finding out what you have been up to. I was away from the board as far as posting goes, but I was following you from the cell phone. We have a prayer group on Wednesday nights now and I said many healing prayers for you. I miss you so bad and hoping you are up to a speedy recovery. Sending love.>>Believe51

PS: Thanks Ma for starting this post for our very missed Irene.

ElaineM 04-16-2009 03:47 PM

Irene in Tampa....how's that new hip doing?

Hi Irene,
I hope your physical therapy is coming along nicely.

Mary Anne in TX 04-18-2009 03:33 PM

Bump, bump!
And sweet thoughts for a good hip day!
ma

Sheila 04-19-2009 05:06 AM

Irene
Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you...you'll be dancing in no time....

Believe51 04-19-2009 10:06 PM

Irene, I am just refreshing my prayers for you girl. Giant cyber-hug.>>Believe51

IRENE FROM TAMPA 04-21-2009 07:46 AM

Irene update

Hello All -

I hope everyone's feelling well these days.
Sorry for the lack of "news" but things are progressing well with Irene and headline news is lacking.

She's able to get into/out of bed and walk by herself (using a walker) and takes frequent wheelchair rides around the facility with friends, family, dogs in tow. The car "hurdle" has been overcome and she's able to enjoy the passenger seat view from most standard/compact cars...SUV's need not apply.

Best guesstimate is that she'll be home in about a week and will continue exercising / therapy from here. In an odd way, this happenstance has caused her to work out as was necessary before and she's feeling much better for it.

I've been remiss in not posting, but my time has been stretched a bit further as my father needed / had successfull surgery over the weekend...so I'm running around a bit more than is recommended for the normal human :)

John

Believe51 04-21-2009 09:53 AM

John, thanks for the update on our Warrior Irene, this means more than words can express to me. I am sorry about you father and shall add him to my prayer list along with you, John. Please tell Irene that I love her and have her safe in my heart. I cannot wait to talk with her when she recovers from this all. Sending big love to you both.>>Believe51

WomanofSteel 04-21-2009 10:04 AM

John, thank you for updating us. I hope Irene is home soon. We look forward to her posting again. She has been missed.

Mary Anne in TX 04-21-2009 04:57 PM

John, we know that you're being 2 or 3 people right now! But we do want you both to know how much we're cheering for Irene and wanting her to do really well! Thank you for taking time to catch us up with her latest adventures. Oh, yea....poor SUVs! ma

IRENE FROM TAMPA 04-25-2009 05:56 AM

Irene Update

Hello all -
Hope your each enjoying a beautiful morning!
I just sent the following email on our home system:

The sunflowers are blooming.
The eggplant, peas, beans, tomatoes are all being harvested.
I even found a couple cucumbers this morning…teach me to wear glasses when gardening!

And Irene’s will be here on Tuesday so we can be a home again.

Not everything’s right with the world just yet (I still have this itch) but it’s getting there!

Be well -

John J

WomanofSteel 04-25-2009 06:35 AM

Hurray! That is definitely good news!

Believe51 04-25-2009 09:11 AM

This is surely spectacular news, John and I do appreciate you keeping us posted through all of Irene's recovery. This means so much to me to have, in a sense gone through this with you both. We love her and cannot wait for the Tuesday homecoming. Continued prayers.>>Believe51

StephN 04-25-2009 12:27 PM

Dear John & Irene -

One more "thank you" for Irene's good news. Sometimes it takes a "step backward" to pull us forward again.

Sounds like Irene will have the fixings for healthy meals to go along with the exercise. These are necessary for her fight against the stubborn cancer. However, she has proven to OUTstubborn her disease. And now we know one of her secret weapons is YOU, Mr. John!

Believe51 04-29-2009 11:25 AM

I will be reciting healing prayers for you tonight, Irene. Thinking about you and knowing you will be back to us as soon as you feel better.>>Believe51

IRENE FROM TAMPA 05-01-2009 01:52 PM

Hello my dear friends

Thank you all so very much for your very kind words and prayers through my rehabilition.

I am home now (came home on Tuesday this week.
Am starting to move around pretty good now with my walker. I went to the Ortho. surgeon today who said everything is in place and looking good and I can presume doing anything as long as I feel comfortable with it and of course causiouly.

I am not comfortable walking without holding on to something yet. He said I should not be afraid but that is easier said then done.

I still have edema om my surgical side which pulls my skin pretty tight and cause some pain but given some time I will get pass that too.

My onc. had to withhold two of my treatments because my Bilirubin had elevated but hopefully will start again next week and I had to cancel my scans that I was to have the week I fell. Praying everything is still working.

Again, thank you all so much and Yes John is a great person who soon will need to go into the hospital himself just to get some rest :)

I love you all -

Mary Anne in TX 05-01-2009 04:41 PM

Sounds like one of those "one day at a time" things, Irene.
Best wishes for good baby steps daily! luv, ma

Joan M 05-01-2009 07:39 PM

Irene,

I really admire you. You're an inspiration to me.

I'm glad to hear that your rehab is coming along okay.

Joan

WomanofSteel 05-02-2009 06:00 AM

I hope that you continue to mend and that John gets the well deserved rest he needs. I agree that one day at a time is the best way to handle things.

Sheila 05-02-2009 07:31 AM

Irene
So glad to hear you are home.....we are all sending our love and prayers to you!!! Keep getting stronger!