HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Clinical Trials (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   CT Scan results (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37907)

GemmaG 02-06-2009 05:44 PM

CT Scan results

Hi everyone,
FYI, my scan results aren't too good. I saw my onc this morning for my weekly Herceptin. He delivered me the sad news. The scans showed that there has been interval development of poorly defined low attenuation lesions within the liver, the largest in the right lobe measures 3.0cm. on the non-contrast images compatible with multiple hepatic metastases. These appear new compared to the prior study. Scans through the pelvis demonstrate a trace amount of pelvic ascites. There has been resolution of the bilateral adnexal cysts when compared to the prior study.

This saddened me terribly. I'm not even well enough from my brain mets surgery and wbrt...and now this?!

sorry for the bad news.....

love you all,
Gemma

chrisy 02-06-2009 06:21 PM

Well Gemma, you have been through the wringer, for sure. Seems a lot of people are starting up on Ixempra. In a way, that may be a good sign that doctors are enthusiastic about it for a good reason. Will you be continuing Herceptin as well?

Will be thinking of you next week. It's good that you have a speedy transition to the new therapy.

Love
Chris

Shobha 02-06-2009 06:42 PM

Dear Gemma, I am praying from the bottom of my heart for you. May god bless you with the right drugs and guide you through this journey and help you win this battle!

love always,
shobha

jones7676 02-06-2009 07:00 PM

Dear Gemma, I have been checking the regular postings for you...I'm so sorry to hear your news and I am so worried about you. That is the drug my oncologist wanted me to start on, but now they are asking me if I want to consider quitting..period. I understand the agony you feel and I am really hoping for success for you.

I tried to send you a personal message but apparently I cannot master it. :-( I will be keeping my eye open here for postings and thinking positive thoughts for you.

Jackie07 02-06-2009 09:57 PM

Several of our active members have had liver mets and have got it under control. I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

schoolteacher 02-11-2009 05:38 AM

Gemma,

I hope you are feeling better. Let us know how you are doing.

Amelia

Suzy1960 01-13-2011 10:27 PM

Re: CT Scan results

Hi Gemma, I am new to this site. But I had my CT scan last week and the results were not very lifting. They see something on my liver and want to take a second look. Also something by my heart. Everything will need to be checked out again, so here we go again. I hope everything goes well for you, I will send good feelings to you.

Suzy