HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Scan next tuesday - anxiety is building (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43497)

Faith in Him 01-25-2010 11:50 AM

Scan next tuesday - anxiety is building

It's that time again and I'm scared already.

I haven't seen my IBC rash in nearly a year since Xeloda/Tykerb kick it to the curb. I have been considered NED for the last year and a don't want that to change. UGGGH! I wish this nightmare would end and I could get on with soley being a wife and mother again instead of dealing with cancer.

But, I am thankful to be here three years later and have been spending special time with the kids. My daughter and I went away for the weekend. She was so honest and open with me. It was wonderful.

Praying for status quo.

Tonya

Ellie F 01-25-2010 12:00 PM

Re: Scan next tuesday - anxiety is building

Really glad to hear you're doing so well. Are you still taking tykerb and Xeloda? I hadn't realised you had IBC but am really encouraged that this combo is working so well.
Best wishes
Ellie

Faith in Him 01-25-2010 12:11 PM

Hi Ellie,

I am still on the combo. My onc is not wanting to take me off it just yet.

I started with IDC and had a recurrence of IBC.

Thanks for your wishes,

Tonya

whatz 01-25-2010 01:12 PM

Hej Tonya,
Know how you feel! Adding you to my prayer as well. Great that you have had such a good time with your daughter, that's special and greatly to be treasured!
Anja

Jackie07 01-25-2010 02:04 PM

Tonya,

Children are amazing creatures. They are not afraid of growing up in poverty or seeing lots of medicine bottles. What they need is the love we can give them 'here' and 'now'. And I'm sure your children have learned from you one of the most valuable lessons in life - how to deal with the challenges gracefully.

Hope and pray that you will have a good scan result. Take care.

schoolteacher 01-25-2010 03:16 PM

Tonya,

I will be praying for good results. You are a very strong woman.

Amelia

Mary Anne in TX 01-25-2010 04:07 PM

What is it about those girls???
Reared 2 boys and so never knew kids could tell you things!!!
My granddaughter (10) can't resist sharing her feelings with me and it's GREAT!
I'm believing for a wonderful outcome for ya!
luv, ma

Becky 01-25-2010 06:11 PM

It's hard not to think about it so remember that we are thinking about it with you. Breathe in and out alot. You have been doing great so far and the scanxiety will be over soon.

Love and peace

Diane H 01-26-2010 09:21 AM

Thinking of you and sending out a gentle hug. The anxiety is tough to deal with I know.
More hugs,
Diane

Shobha 01-26-2010 09:35 AM

Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way for a clean scan and continued NED status!

hugs,
shobha

tricia keegan 01-26-2010 01:03 PM

Sending good wishes for benign results Tonya, I have a scan myself this week and know how the anxiety builds up!

Chelee 01-26-2010 02:18 PM

Tonya, How I feel for you girl. I'm going thur the same thing right now. PET/CT tomorrow & right now I really don't want to change the combo I'm on either. I'm stressed as I know you are! We both have a terrible case of scanxiety it looks like...so your not alone. I really feel for you!

It sounds like you had a terrific weekend with your daughter. I can tell you some of the BEST times I had with my Mother when I was younger...was just sitting and talking. We did alot of that. That had to of been so good for your daughter...I'm happy to hear you both had a good time.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers daily that your scans bring back good news.

Chelee

ammebarb 01-26-2010 03:07 PM

Thinking of you as you do that scan. Hope we hear soon that all is well....I'm holding good thoughts!

Barb A.