HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on Kate (Tousled1) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33389)

Kavy 04-06-2008 03:53 AM

Update on Kate (Tousled1)

I am sorry to let you all know that our dear friend Kate is back in the hopital since Wednesday, I just found out today.
She was taken to the ER with severe pain in her left leg, she could not move her leg, her leg was cold and with no pulse. They found two blood clots, one in her foot, one in her calf, so they did an emergency surgery to remove the clots. The scary part was that before she went into surgery, the doctor told her that he was not sure if he could save her leg. Thanks God everything went well for her. Since her leg is very swallen, her doctor suspended Xeloda for now until her leg is healed, but she will continue taking Tykerb and Ixempra. She thinks this combo is working, because she feels less congested, and her short of breath is getting better too.
She is in good spirits, and her Irish fighting spirit is strong as always (she is our Kate, the Great), but again she needs our prayers, so please, keep the prayers coming her way.
Thank you, wonderful people. May God bless you all.
KarlaV.

Joan M 04-06-2008 05:19 AM

Kavy,

Thank you for posting an update on Kate. Please tell her that I'm thinking about her and sending prayers her way for a speedy recovery from her surgery and that she'll be home soon.

Joan

Sheila 04-06-2008 05:52 AM

Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop on Kate....they may want her to increase her activity after this as I know she was resting quite a bit after the pneumonia bout, making her more prone to DVT's....as does chemo...send her my love and as always my prayers.

WomanofSteel 04-06-2008 06:10 AM

Sorry to hear about Kate. Will say an extra special prayer for her.

Mary Jo 04-06-2008 06:14 AM

Dear Kavy,

Thanks so much for updating us on Kate. Please tell her Mary Jo says hello, my prayers are with her and I was sorry to hear about this recent relapse. BUT, you are right Kavy, she is our KATE THE GREAT and I don't doubt she will pull through this also with flying colors. I just wish she didn't have to keep proving that she is KATE THE GREAThttp://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...cons/icon7.gif

Serioulsy Kate, I ask God to heal and comfort you and to continue to give you the strength you'll need to get through this time of healing.

Love to you dear, sweet sister.....

Mary Jo

Joy 04-06-2008 07:51 AM

Kate

Thank you so much for keeping us updataed on Kate. I'm thinking and praying hard today. She is SO strong and determined that I think she can tackle this junk and turn it around.

kcherub 04-06-2008 08:23 AM

Kate the Great will rebound--again!!! Sending love, hugs, and prayers her way...

Karen W 04-06-2008 08:28 AM

Thanks for the update. Stay strong Kate.

Hugs, strength and healing prayers are being sent to you.

Karen

lilyecuadorian 04-06-2008 08:39 AM

Oh Kate this is only one battle ...I know you will coming out with victory from this one ...that is why I did call you "kate the great"" please continued be ...my prayers is specialy for you this sunday ...I love you my friend ...Lily

kareneg 04-06-2008 10:47 AM

Thanks for letting us know Kavy, dear sweet Kate get better and stronger soon. I just know you are going to be ok these setbacks stink but I am praying you have no more enough is enough. All my love my friend please let us know when you are home. And as always your in my prayers.

Jean 04-06-2008 10:55 AM

Sorry to hear this....

Karla,
Thank you for posting on Kate. She is loved dearly...and her strong
fighting spirit never ceases to amaze all!
Sending all good wishes and special prayers her way.

Hugs,
jean

dhealey 04-06-2008 10:59 AM

Thank you for updating us on Kate. Sending prayers her way to keep her strong and may she heal quickly.

Faith in Him 04-06-2008 11:06 AM

Dearest Kate,

My most heartfelt prayers go out to you today. You are such a strong person. Really, you're amazing. I wish you a speedy recovery and that you are home soon.

StephN 04-06-2008 11:26 AM

So glad to know that the surgery went OK for our dear Kate!
Thanks for that news, Kavy. Especially that her breathing was getting better. I have been worrying about that.

Like Sheila mentioned, I hope they will give her some physical therapy that will keep her a little more active. Those clots are a threat to any of us when we are fatigued and inactive from treatments.

Keep slaying the dragons, Kate.

caya 04-06-2008 11:38 AM

Thanks Kavy for keeping us updated on our dear Kate the Great -
I am sending out extra prayers today for Kate.

all the best
caya

nitewind 04-06-2008 11:46 AM

Thanks so much for the update but I wish the news was better. Kate is such a tough warrior I know she'll come thru this with her usual big smile and great attitude. Please tell her that I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.
hugs to you Kate

Andrea Barnett Budin 04-06-2008 12:23 PM

Thanks so much, Karla, for letting us know. Kate is ALWAYS in my heart and on my mind. I am ALWAYS sending prayers to her and for her. I am ever amazed by her beautiful Spirit. This woman lives with joy and hope despite it all. But, you know God, we'd all appreciate it if you'd give this brave warrior a break. She has proven her faith with the most outstandingly loving ways time and again. Our Katie is due for a great reward. Please grant her healing and wellness. I am sending big hugs and even more prayers for you sweet Sister...
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/2b000001e1/06

Bill 04-06-2008 01:54 PM

Karla, thanks for keeping us informed. Let Katie know that, as always she'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I know she's a tough fighter and will get through this, too. Bill

Mary Anne in TX 04-06-2008 04:42 PM

Thanks for letting us know how Kate is doing. Please include my "fierce as I can muster" irish prayers for her. What a fighter...what a role model for us all. ma

Yorkiegirl 04-06-2008 06:03 PM

Karla, thanks for keeping us posted on dear sweet Kate. I am so sorry to read of this episode she has now encountered. I'm glad her surgery went well. Please let her know she is my prayers.