HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Information About Joe's Memorial and Our Family's Wishes (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46384)

Danielle 08-14-2010 01:35 PM

Information About Joe's Memorial and Our Family's Wishes

First off, I just wanted to thank all of you so much for your support and kindness. That's one of the best parts of this message board, and Dad would be so proud to see just how warm you've been to our family during such a sad time no matter what distance stands between all of us. The camaraderie this website and other support groups have achieved is so inspiring, and I know Dad was glad to be a part of that.

The visitation will be held on Tuesday, August 17th from 5 - 8 PM at Eternal Hills Mortuary in Oceanside. The memorial will be at 10 AM on Wednesday, August 18th. I was able to get our family priest to officiate for us, and I have to say, the place he'll be buried is so incredibly beautiful, right beside the historical Mission San Luis Rey overlooked by a statue of Our Lady of the Assumption and underneath a gorgeous 'fountain' of cascading roses. It's such a beautiful sanctuary, and I know he would have loved it too.

Also, I know a lot of people have been asking about flowers, gifts, etc., and after talking that over with my sister and my mother, Christine, we all decided it would be best to request donations to the organization instead.

You should be able to access a way to pay online through our Make a Donation link on the front page. However, if you'd like to send a donation or even just a card with a few words for our family, you can send it to our address:

6973 Mimosa Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92011

Thank you once again for all of your love. I'm hoping some of his more local HER2 'sisters' can attend one of the services this week. I know my mom would really love to see you.

As Daddy always signed, 'Love and light'.

-- Danielle

tricia keegan 08-14-2010 01:59 PM

Re: Information About Joe's Memorial and Our Family's Wishes

Thank you Danielle, sadly I can't attend but will have you all in my thoughts and prayers.

It sounds like Joe's resting place is one of beautiful beauty, and sounds idylic. I know this must be such a hard time for you and your family, thank you for keeping us posted and I know there'll be prayers and good thoughts coming from all over the world for you and your family over the coming weeks.

We, the members of her2support will miss your Dad so much, but our hearts go out to you all on losing such a wonderful Father and Husband.

(((((hugs)))))

Sheila 08-14-2010 02:22 PM

Danielle
Here is a link if anyone wants to sign the guestbook for your Dad....what a tribute this would be to him and all he did for all of us.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/Dign...&pid=144666164

Unregistered 08-14-2010 03:05 PM

Thank you so much for finding that, Shiela! The website link the funeral director gave to me wasn't actually working, so I was worried about not being able to make that available for all of our distance friends and family.

Danielle 08-14-2010 03:06 PM

Oh, I didn't realize I wasn't logged in! Still trying to figure out how writing on this message board works. Thanks for all of the help, Shiela.

tricia keegan 08-14-2010 03:10 PM

Thanks Sheila!:)

Sheila 08-14-2010 03:12 PM

Danielle
I also posted a link on Facebook for those who don't come to the site as often anymore.
I am hoping everyone will take the time to sign, as a tribute to all the hard work you Dad did for all of us.

ElaineM 08-14-2010 09:07 PM

Thank you Danielle. Hugs to you, your Mom and the rest of the family. We will miss your Dad, but I know he is watching over us and will be with us in spirit forever.
I can't attend his memorial in person so I left a little message in the guestbook. Thanks for the link Sheila.
Take good care of yourself.

sassy 08-15-2010 07:37 PM

Thank you Danielle and Sheila for the link. I wanted to bump this up for others to see.

Jackie07 08-16-2010 12:32 AM

Bumping it up.

duga35 08-17-2010 01:27 PM

Thanks for posting the link

Faith in Him 08-17-2010 04:39 PM

Danielle,

I am thinking and praying for your family today. May God's love shine down upon you tomorrow.