HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sorry (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41183)

jones7676 09-23-2009 07:28 AM

Sorry

Hello, I'm sorry I haven't posted here, but I'm not quite sure how to be help accepter rather than the helper.

Things are not going well. While I've started on a new chemo which may or may not be working and supposed to add a second after my whole brain radiation - the biggest thing is my brain.

The one spot I had zapped before (about 3 months) is growing again. They won't do it in the U.P. because of the type of radiation I had before and they won't do it in Chicago because I had the wafers put into the tumor that was very close by.

I had a special brain scan yesterday...we will see what comes of it.

It isn't that I haven't wanted to post here. It is just that I didn't feel I could be of any help to anyone else. I finally made up my mind that I was going to post today and try and keep up agian. After all, I could be of help to someone else even if I just "listen".

Anyway, sorry about the delay, I just couldn't help myself.

Faith in Him 09-23-2009 09:02 AM

Re: Sorry

Barb,

You are helping just by posting. Your strength and determination to beat this is an inspiration to me and I am sure others. I hope that a new plan is made quickly to deal with the brain mets. Please let us know how you are doing.

Tonya

Mary Jo 09-23-2009 09:46 AM

Barb you are always an ecouragement. Even when you need encouragement. We're all here for each other through good and bad.

Sending love and prayers to you sweet sister.

Thanks for sending us your post. We missed you.

Mary Jo

Hopeful 09-23-2009 09:47 AM

Barb,

I am sorry you felt your participation could not be of help to anyone else. Nothing could be further from the truth. This disease distorts what "normal" is for all of us. Your "normal" is likely the "normal" for many others. Just showing up is more valuable than you will ever know.

Best of luck to you with whatever new treatment plan you embark on.

Hopeful

DanaRT 09-23-2009 11:30 AM

Dear Barb,

Listening is good and very welcome.

I am sorry to read you're not doing well on the new chemo. Hang in there. Many hugs and prayers heading north for you.

btw, my husband is heading to our cabin in the UP today.

Hugs,
Dana

tricia keegan 09-23-2009 11:46 AM

Hi Barb, I'm sorry to hear your news and really hope things improve soon for you:)

nitewind 09-23-2009 11:59 AM

Barb, everyone, everywhere needs someone to listen. We will be here and ready to lend an ear whenever you need it. I would like to say welcome back but not under these circumstances. Just that we're glad you know where you can come.
Hugs

schoolteacher 09-23-2009 12:26 PM

Barb,

I am glad just to hear from you. You have always been an inspiration to me. God Bless You.

Amelia

Laurel 09-23-2009 04:41 PM

Barb,

Never feel your fight isn't OUR fight! That is what this site is all about. I am happy to sympathize with your travails and rejoice in your triumphs whatever comes your way. For now I will pray you respond well to your current treatment and that fear and despair stay at bay.

Ruth 09-23-2009 07:18 PM

Barb - glad you are back...no apology we are just so happy to hear from you. We will pray that the new chemo will take care of it and helpfully keep some fear away. You are in my thoughts.
Hugs ~ Ruth

Tom 09-23-2009 07:34 PM

Any more talk like that Barb, and I'm going to have to come up
there and slap you silly...lol. I for one, have always learned something from hearing about anyone's experiences with this stinking rotten disease. Each story is a little piece of the puzzle for someone else. Keep relaying your latest problem, and we will all worry about it for you so you have more time to relax. I never felt this was a "take a penny, leave a penny" message board. Please don't ever hesitate to post. I think all would agree. And if they don't, I'll be handing out some more justice.

Sincerely,
Tom

caya 09-23-2009 07:40 PM

Barb,

Chime in when you feel like it, and just listen when you don't.

I hope things turn around for you ASAP.

all the best
caya

lexigirl 09-23-2009 08:26 PM

Sending you a big hug. I am hopeful that your scan will show shrinkage. Stinkin' cancer.

Hugs,
Lexi

ElaineM 09-23-2009 08:30 PM

Feel free to share your concerns whenever you need to do that. This is the place where everyone understands the ups and downs of breast cancer. Take care and keep going no matter what happens.

Believe51 09-23-2009 08:41 PM

Hey Love, I relate to this entire post, especially that you feel you have nothing to offer....but, even listening is enough. There are things that can help you. Please give me your phone number, life is busy and this will be best for me. I emptied my mailbox so pm me. Do not give up hope. Calling you will also allow me to open different windows as you take notes rather than me go back and forth and recheck, etc. PM me now and I will get back to you ASAP....Hospice has been involved here. I am so sad and tired...HoHum......talk in person soon.>>Believe51

Joan M 09-23-2009 08:51 PM

Barb,

Glad to hear from you, but sorry about the persistent brain met. Let us know about the special scan and what your onc is recommending.

Joan

sassy 09-23-2009 08:53 PM

Barb,

So many people told me that the best thing to do for your friends during this journey, is to let them help however they can. It makes them feel better.

So if we friends can be of help---by listening, responding, caring and supporting----its the best thing you can do for us. So the helper continues to help.

Thanks for letting us help you, for sharing your thoughts, fears, life with us.

We are here for you.

Praying that new treatment will be the answer.

michka 09-24-2009 01:43 AM

Barb, you are right to reach out for support. You are part of our very special members so don't feel "sorry" as if you were bothering us. I am thinking of you. Please post when you have the results of the brain scan.
Hugs. Michka.

Sheila 09-24-2009 04:58 AM

Barb
We are here for YOU to listen, give suggestions, prayers or a big hug...you have given so much to others on this board, never feel guilty about coming here...just posting is bringing something to the table....you are going through a rough time right now...we are here to be your support, your guidance, your love.....hoping that you get a plan that will turn things around and begin to feel better.

juanita 09-24-2009 09:42 AM

just sending some extra prayers!!!