HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   a little good news to share... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33880)

chrisy 05-06-2008 06:10 PM

a little good news to share...

Hello friends,
This has been a very sad and difficult week for our community. I'm so very sad but grateful that I had the chance to know Kate, Carol and Michelle. I am also filled with love and gratitude (hope you don't mind me saying that, Joy) for everyone in this community - which is really more like a family.

My heart has been so heavy....

It almost seems inappropriate to share this, but I have to tell you! I just had my 2nd set of scans since starting the Trastuzumab-DM1 trial and after 2 more cycles (of 4 so far), the measurable lesion in my liver has shrunk and is again less metabolically active (now lighting up with SUV lower than the surrounding healthy liver), and the other one that is difficult to measure is still the same with no activity. Nothing new is showing up, which is really great as we hate those kind of surprises!

So things are continuing to move in the right direction

I was in need of hope...and this definitely helped.

love and peace to all
Chris

Patty F 05-06-2008 06:29 PM

Chris
This is wonderful news!

Gerri 05-06-2008 07:24 PM

Chris,

What could be more appropriate than GOOD news right now? We all needed something to uplift us and you have just given us that gift. Thanks so much for sharing!

With love,

lexigirl 05-06-2008 07:25 PM

Thank you for sharing Chris. I am very happy to read your news!!

Hugs,
Lexi

Becky 05-06-2008 07:55 PM

Great news Chris. You have been pushing back on those feisty mets too long. I'm so happy for you.

PinkGirl 05-06-2008 08:19 PM

Wow Chrisy, that is such good news!!! Way to go,
I am very, very happy for you.

goops 05-06-2008 08:28 PM

Congratulations! - and I think good news like this is what this board needs right now, thank you for sharing your good news.

Leslie's sister 05-06-2008 08:30 PM

wonderful news Chris

Chris:

thank you, thank you, I think that all of us need some positive news right now. Your news couldn't have come at a more opportune time. I am celebrating with you!!

Lisa

tammymarie1971 05-06-2008 09:43 PM

Good news Chrisy!!! We needed some!!!

StephN 05-06-2008 10:09 PM

Hey, Chris -
You sound a bit tentative, but you have good reason to shout it out! After trying other treatments, this is such an improvement.

I thought this was about the time for you to be checked again. So glad for this news. Just keep pushing back and you WILL win.

Bill 05-06-2008 10:19 PM

Yeah, like Steph said, Chrisy, you need to run to the nearest hill and shout it out, "That's right, cancer, you son-of-a-bitch, I'm kickin' your ass! How do ya like me now??!!"

Jean 05-06-2008 10:37 PM

Chris,
So very happy for you!

Hugs,
Jean

harrie 05-06-2008 10:40 PM

Back from CA

I just arrived back from my California trip this afternoon.

I was so saddened to hear the news of Kate, Michele H, and Carol. My heart goes out to their families. I am happy for them though that their battle has come to a close and I am sure their guardian angels have taken very good care of them as their spirits are lifted for eternal peace.

Chrisy, that is wonderful news about your reports! We all need to hear good news like yours so we can maintain the balance in our hearts. Keep up the good fight!! THanks so much for sharing your joy and relief with all of us!!!

Peace and joy,
Maryanne

Chelee 05-06-2008 11:10 PM

Because of all the bad news lately I was really reluctant to check in here today. When I got brave enough to take a quick peek I was so excited when I saw your post, "A little good news".
That is just wonderful news Chrisy and I am so happy for you.

Here's to the DM1 kicking those mets into the twilight zone once and for all. I'm so glad you choose to share your news because we all needed to hear it. I've been saying extra prayers for you lately & will certainly continue them. I am just thrilled for you...this is a nice way to end my day on a nice note. :)

Chelee

sassy 05-07-2008 02:56 AM

Wonderful news Chris! Thanks for sharing it with us.

CLTann 05-07-2008 04:06 AM

We sure can use some good news for a change. Keep up with your wonderful achievement. We love to hear more.

dhealey 05-07-2008 04:20 AM

Wonderful news Chris! We all needed to hear that! Go out and celebrate!

Mary Jo 05-07-2008 04:37 AM

Thanks for sharing that wonderful news with us Chris. We needed to hear something like that. I'm happy for you.

Also, welcome home "harrie"

Mary Jo

schoolteacher 05-07-2008 04:39 AM

Chrisy,

It is good to hear your good news.

Amelia

Mary Anne in TX 05-07-2008 05:14 AM

Oh, Chris, what marvelous news! thanks a million for sharing, but most of all Yippee for Great Results!!!! ma