HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Thank you! ...and follow up to "struggling" (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39348)

mmoons 05-08-2009 08:01 AM

Thank you! ...and follow up to "struggling"

Oh my gosh…my dear, sweet friends….you are amazing! All of you! With everything everyone has going on in their own lives…that you remembered about me and my surgery touches me so deeply!

Here is my update….as short and sweet as I can make it. The Taxol was doing me in. After 11 treatments I was so sick that I couldn’t walk (remember that I was taking it in conjunction with Lapatinib). Around April 21 or so, I was at my worst. In fact, I had friends come stay with us because I just had to “cry uncle”….temporarily. So I did not have treatment # 12, thank goodness, which gave me a full 2 weeks to rest up (and boy did I need it!) before surgery this past Tuesday. Surgery went AWESOME! I am so pleased with how my chest looks. I got out of the hospital yesterday after a 2 night stay…and went straight to Matt’s Ranchero for Mexican, then came home to rest up before the children got out of school.

I am up and at ‘em! I feel like the Taxol side effects are subsiding at the same time as I am feeling better from Tuesday’s surgery…..so it is a double whammy of feeling good. But I am being VERY careful not to overdo it. Just soaking up the love of my sisters and children, playing lots of Scrabble and Dogopoly and praising God.

I know that I may end up back at that "struggling" place again but am cherishing how good I feel in body and mind at this very moment.

You are all so dear to me!!! Thank you for thinking about me!!

Maureen

p.s. Terri, I would love to know you & Ruth. Maybe someday we will meet up over at Baylor. J Isn’t Dr. O wonderful!?!? I adore her and her staff. She cares SO much!

Sheila 05-08-2009 09:11 AM

Maureen
i am so happy the surgery is over, and you are feeling so good...what a joy to be back with the children...I'll bet it was a long couple days for them too! Take care, don't overdo it...enjoy the relief from the avoidance of Taxol...I know I am enjoying mine.....
You give hope to so many scared about undergoing this...you are a brave woman, a role model!!!

WomanofSteel 05-08-2009 09:53 AM

Thanks for updating us and I am so very glad your surgery went well. Take plenty of time to heal with your family. You are truly a fighter.

Paty 05-08-2009 12:37 PM

Maureen,

I am so happy to hear you feel emotionally better today. I loved the picture in your blog by the way, awsome lady. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Great to hear the surgery went ok.

Paty

Mary Jo 05-08-2009 02:18 PM

Hi Maureen

Hi Maureen....

I was thrilled to read your post and even more thrilled to hear that your surgery went well and that you are doing well overall! You are right....enjoy the ride. Life has a lot of hills and valleys.......The valleys make us stronger - EVENTUALLY - but while on top of that hill - shout your Praises to God and live and be glad.

Love to you "sister"

Mary Jo

Jean 05-08-2009 02:32 PM

Dear Maureen,
You sound wonderful - I was shaking my head up and down when I read your post about,

"I know that I may end up back at that "struggling" place again but am cherishing how good I feel in body and mind at this very moment."

You are a true warrior women - sending you healing energy and I certainly hope that the Taxol treatments are kinder to you the go round.

Best wishes and hugs sent your way.
Jean

Mary Anne in TX 05-08-2009 03:03 PM

Maureen, it's like someone turned the light on in your life! Congrats and thanks for updating. ma

Jaimieh 05-08-2009 03:28 PM

I am glad to hear that your surgery went well and you are recovering. Enjoy your time feeling well I hope it continues to get better each and everyday :)

Patb 05-08-2009 04:07 PM

Great news and you sound like you are in a good place.
Take care and keep us posted.
patb

Believe51 05-08-2009 07:58 PM

Maureen, thanks for updating us on how you are recovering, I am thrilled you are getting back on track and that you are so pleased with everything. Rock on Warrior! Please do take it easy as you recover, sometimes we tend to overdo without knowing it. Good for you!>>Believe51