HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sandy H - Remain dear in our hearts (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28314)

StephN 06-02-2007 01:04 PM

Sandy H - Remain dear in our hearts

I shall not pass this way again. Any good I can do or any kindness that I can show let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.

Dear Group -
With a breaking heart I have to pass on to you all that Sandy's hourglass of life ran out early yesterday morning (Friday, June 1). Main thing her husband wanted to pass on is that she was not in pain and when her time came she passed quickly and without suffering. Time was 5 am - so those that prayed last evening, the prayers were answered already.

Her husband was at her side holding her hand. Francis was with her through the night and asked the nurses to keep him awake as they knew her time was near. He says their little pug dog Yoda is being a wonderful buddy to him in these difficult days. Her hubby even took the dog to the hospital to lick Sandy's foot. That got a response from her!

There will be a service at her church in Maine on Tuesday. Her wishes are to be cremated. Her husband and son will place her ashes appropriately.

She also asked for no flowers and for all donations in her memory to be made to the HER2SUPPORT group or to her church.

She wrote her own obit and I tried to find it in their paper on line, but it only came out today so maybe is not up yet.

The quote at the top of this message is how Sandy ended her posts. I think this is a worthwhile way to remember her - she would do anything for a person in need.

P.S. Some of you do not know that Sandy and I shared a hotel room at two San Antonio symposiums. That was a great way to get to know her and we had a good time together. Two "ghosts" haunting the convention very much alive and well! (Meaning we had by far outlived our prognoses!)

mslinda 06-02-2007 01:11 PM

Sandy and Family

My heart is broken for you. I pray that our Lord will give you peace during this time. I only knew Sandy through this group. She answered several questions for me. She was such a blessing to many on this list.

Sandy, I know you are singing with the angels in heaven, and wearing your green shoes.

Linda
S. Mississipi

Mary Jo 06-02-2007 01:20 PM

I type this with tears in my eyes and a sad heart. I will miss "seeing" Sandy at her2support as will all of us.

Mary Jo

Karen Weixel 06-02-2007 01:29 PM

I am so very sad... I know Sandy is in a better place but I will deary miss her beautiful spirit.

Hugs, prayers and strength to her husband and son.

Karen

Chelee 06-02-2007 01:43 PM

This is just the type of news I did not want to hear. I've had Sandy on my mind since we heard she was in the hospital and was praying for a positive turn around. I sit here with tears running down my face...this news breaks my heart. There are some really terrific and special people...and Sandy was one of them. She always went beyond the call of duty. When I could NOT have radiation I was SO SCARED. She wrote me some private messages and told me how she had dealt with skin mets and explained how IF that happened...I would be alright and she would be there for me any time. She gave me her home phone number. She gave me JUST what I needed at that time. I was a mess until she talked to me. She did NOT have to reach out to me but she did. There are so many people that could, and should but don't. But Sandy went all the way for EVERYONE. She GAVE so much of herself. She will be so missed. This absolutely breaks my heart. The *quote* she used at the end of her posts says it all about her.

Since Sandy did not want flowers I would love to donate money to the her2 board to honor her memory. My sincere sympathies to Sandy's family and friends. My heart goes out to you all. God bless you Sandy...you will be dearly missed...I will never forget you.

Chelee

tricia keegan 06-02-2007 01:55 PM

How sad

I've been reading Sandys posts since I first came to this board and can't believe she's gone. She had such a wonderful positive attitude to everything it was addictive. I'll miss seeing her posts here and also on the IBC board and will keep her family in my prayers.

tousled1 06-02-2007 02:01 PM

Deepest Sympathy

My heart is saddened to hear that Sandy passed away. I always enjoyed her posts. She was such a positive, up-beat woman who always was there to offer encouragement. She will be sorely missed. My sympathy to her family.

Yorkiegirl 06-02-2007 02:07 PM

So Sad

I am very sad to hear the news of Sandy's passing.

Her family will be in my prayers during this most difficult time.

Belinda 06-02-2007 02:48 PM

Sandy and Family

My deepest condolences. I joined the board in January soon after diagnosis, and Sandy has been such a bright and positive presence the whole time that I have clicked in and out. I know her warm spirit has been an inspiration to many many women like me. This is such sad news. Belinda

IRENE FROM TAMPA 06-02-2007 02:58 PM

I am so sad today

as we lost a wonderful person last night. I will never stop seeing her beautiful smile in my mind.

My heartfelt sympathy to her family and loved ones.

I see you my friend, clicking those green shoes in heaven and that twinkle in your eyes that was so soothing to so many of us.

Thank you and rest in peace my friend.

kacey 06-02-2007 03:00 PM

Dear Sandie

I'm so saddened to hear of Sandie's passing. I haven't been here very long but loved to read her posts. She was such an upbeat person and gave so much to everyone here. Prayers to her husband and son.

Love, Kacey

Jeanette 06-02-2007 03:09 PM

Dear Sandy

It is with a heavy heart that I write this. I know you are in Heaven Sandy and will be watching over all of us sisters in this fight. Rest in Peace friend, my thoughts are with your family at this time, Blessings to you all,Jeanette

Mary Anne in TX 06-02-2007 03:10 PM

Without Sandy it will feel like a car with 3 wheels or a beach with no sand. How many times did I read her wisdom and kindness and courage. So glad God took her in the gentlest of ways. But it won't be the same without her. Her footprint was so mighty on this board. Love to her family and all those that benefitted from her love on this board. ma

Caroline UK 06-02-2007 03:52 PM

Sandy

I have only been coming to this group for a little while, but Sandy's lovely cheery, twinkly smile in her photo always made me smile back at her, and she wrote me some warm and sensible messages which helped take a lot of the fear away. I will miss her very much, and feel so saddened today. My love and thoughts are with her family and friends. Caroline

Margerie 06-02-2007 03:57 PM

I am sorry to hear we have a new angel. I am glad her last moments were peaceful. I will miss you Sandy!

RhondaH 06-02-2007 04:43 PM

I'm numb...

I have no words, only tears.

Rhonda

chrislmelb 06-02-2007 04:48 PM

i haven't been online much so was unaware of Sandy's situation. I am also sitting here with tears in my eyes as i read the news. Condolences to her family and friends.
Christine

juanita 06-02-2007 05:33 PM

I have tears in my eyes while writing this. I signed on today just to see how Sandy was or if there was any news. My heart goes out to her family, and my prayers as well.

lindaw 06-02-2007 05:41 PM

I am so shocked by this. I was praying so hard for Sandy as she did for everyone in need. We were so alike in our diagnosis and progression. This is so unfair.Her family must be missing her terribly she was so supportive and nurturing.

love to you Sandy

Liz J. 06-02-2007 06:07 PM

Sandy, an angel on earth

Stephanie,

Thank you for letting us know the sad news about Sandy. I didn't realize you had roomed together. I am sorry as I know you must have had a special bond with her. Her smile would light up a room and as others have said she was always so positive. I will continue to pray for her and her family and I am sure she will be praying for all of us.

With sincere sympathy,

Liz J.