HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ER/PR/HER2 + Staging Poll (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25025)

astrid 08-17-2006 09:22 AM

ER+/PR+/HER2 + Staging Poll

I was curious as what stage most readers are and how many were stage 1 that have now metastasized. I am only allowed 10 poll question so I am going to do this Three times, here for ER+/PR+/HER2 + and another for ER+/PR- HER2+ and a third for ER-/PR-/HER2+ .

I am stage 1C. My sister who died at 40 years young was also stage 1C. She metastasized within the first 6 months and died 2 years later. She received 8 rounds of AC and 8 rounds of Taxol. When she metastasized she had a bone marrow transplant. She died in 1996 so Herceptin and HER 2 testing were not available yet. She was ER/PR+ node negative.

Another poll would be: Those who are 2-3 years out or even longer with poor initial prognoses who are still NED?

Sheila 08-17-2006 01:29 PM

Astrid
Am I missing something? What about ER- PR- who are Her2+ in various stages?
I fit into that group, was Stage 1 then 1 1/2 years later, stage IV

chrisy 08-17-2006 08:27 PM

Sheila

There are 3 different polls, look for the one that says ER/PR - HER2 +

kerbearcure32 08-17-2006 08:49 PM

stage 3-b and 2yrs out with ned

hello everyone, to answer your question yes i had a poor outlook . i had pos.nodes and her2nu+3 er- pr- . but herceptin is great and has kept me going i went every week for it. 52weeks i just ended 6-29-06. i also did ac 4 rounds and taxol 4 rounds dose dense. and 38 rads tx. i was dx in 10-04. i was 31 at the time of dx. but i try to stay pos. and keep going but it is hard. i hate going for my tests. i am very sorry about your sister. i will keep everyone here in my thoughts and prayers. this is a great place to come for support . hugs to all kerry

astrid 09-02-2006 06:21 AM

This Poll did not get the response I had hoped for.

I am Stage 1C with no node involvement. What I was really wondering is how many node negative women metastasized and how soon. I guess I want to know when I can relax a little. If it was not for my sister I would most likely be relaxed more. It has been 9 months since surgery.

Also how do you know if you metastasized? My ONC doesn’t do any scans or testing if there are no symptoms???

tousled1 09-02-2006 08:08 AM

Astrid,

Although I'm ER/PR- and HER2+ I keep reading all the posts. I'm surprised that your oncologist doesn't do any tests unless you are having symptoms. My onc will order scans, MRIs, PET/CT scans whenever I ask. I had a PET/CT scan in May 06 right before my surgery and I asked my onc for a PET/CT in July just to make sure everything was ok. Thankfully scan was clear. And last week I asked for an HER2 serum test.

Also had a vaginal sonogram when I was having pain in the groin area - clean. An MRI when I was having headaches - clean except for a sinus infection.

If I were you, I'd insist on a PET/CT scan. With your history I don't know how the onc could refuse you. Best of luck to you.

hutchibk 11-11-2011 06:10 PM

Re: ER/PR/HER2 + Staging Poll

Just curious how this came to the top of the message page...

AlaskaAngel 11-12-2011 09:25 AM

Hutchibk, I think that when people do a search and read old posts and then participate in the poll attached to the old post, it brings it forward.

A.A.

hutchibk 11-13-2011 08:40 AM

I was just worried that it had to do w/ a spammer when I saw Kate's 'tousled 1' post... sigh.

chrisy 11-13-2011 10:35 AM

It probably did have to do with a spammer...and one of us probably deleted the offending post so you don't see it.

tricia keegan 11-13-2011 03:14 PM

I know usually on any site if someone searches for an old post and comments it brings it to the top again!