HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   It's happening (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41300)

loveher 10-04-2009 01:52 PM

It's happening

My dad called me and told me to come home from college immediately.
hospice said its a matter of a day or two. She's been in a coma stage, very stiff since this morning.

I feel numb...

Mary Anne in TX 10-04-2009 02:41 PM

Re: It's happening

Sue, I'm so very sorry to hear your news about your mom! Your family is in my prayers. ma

Jean 10-04-2009 02:57 PM

Dear Sue,
My heart breaks for you. I remember when I was dx. my son was in his sophmore year of college. It was a difficult year and the year following with treatment.

I am so sorry to hear this news about your Mother.
These are painful days and I wish I could lift some of your pain.

My heartfelt prayers are with you and your entire family.
Your mother id a fortunate lady to have such a fine daughter.

Kindest Regards,
Jean

Chelee 10-04-2009 03:17 PM

Sue, It's times like this that there never seems to be the right words...other then to tell you how sincerely sorry I am to hear this news about your Mother. She is so blessed to have had such a loving, caring, daughter by her side throughout this...it makes a world of difference. My heart just breaks when I hear of someone going through such a difficult time like you are. I will keep your family in my prayers. Sending you a big heartfelt hug...wish I could do it in person.

Chelee

sassy 10-04-2009 03:32 PM

Dearest Sue,

There is nothing anyone can do to take away the pain and grief you are dealing with, but you can be comforted by the knowledge that you have been a wonderful daughter and a source of comfort, strenght and support for your mother.

My thought and prayers are with you. Please know that we are all here for you, anytime you need us. PM us, e-mail us call us. We will be here for you.

Yorkiegirl 10-04-2009 04:22 PM

AWWW Sue I am so very sory to read this message. Just know I am saying prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

ammebarb 10-04-2009 04:27 PM

Dear Sue,
I am so sorry for the pain and sorrow you must be experiencing. When my mother passed away a friend thought to tell me that while I would always hurt over her death, the pain wouldn't always be so severe. I really needed to hear that my loss would eventually become bearable. I pray for your comfort as you and your family grieve your mom's passing. Another friend told me that my greatest tribute to her would be to live my life well, and eventually with joy. I believe that is so. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Barb A.

Believe51 10-04-2009 04:33 PM

It's happening here too. The nurse called and told me to expect the rapid decline that happened overnight.

We will do this together Sweetheart and please use my yahoo e-mail to contact me. My message box here is full again and I have no energy to empty it.

I am so sorry that you and your family have to go through this. Let's think that they will go to heaven together so they can keep one another company.

My heart hurts so bad for you. Bug hug.

Laurel 10-04-2009 05:23 PM

Sue, I am so sorry your mother is ebbing away. I am certain she is leaving her love for you and all your family behind in your hearts. You will be in my prayers.

Paty 10-04-2009 05:43 PM

Dearest Sue,

My heart is with you at this terrible moments. My prayers are with you and your family. I understand how you are feeling sweetheart. Sending you a big hug.

Debbie L. 10-04-2009 05:50 PM

Numb is normal. Some wisdom within you will allow you to let the hard stuff in, as you're able to take it. The important thing right now is that you're with your family if that's possible, and that you're all supporting each other as best you are able (no judgment - some are more able than others at this point and that's fine). This is a long process - confronting this loss and the grieving for it. One small step (heading home to be with family) at a time. Hospice will help it to be less scary (but alas, no less sad).

Sending loving thoughts to you (and to Marie - one of those filling her box).

Debbie Laxague

lisajones4 10-04-2009 06:47 PM

Sue - Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Sending warm thoughts and a big hug.

Lisa

Sherryg683 10-04-2009 07:49 PM

With your mom and Ed going through this now, I am so sad and sorry. sherry

caya 10-04-2009 07:51 PM

Sorry this is happening Sue. Sending you big hugs from Canada.

all the best
caya

Ruth 10-04-2009 07:55 PM

Sue:
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Ruth

ElaineM 10-04-2009 08:36 PM

I am sorry to read your news. Yes. By all means stay close to your mother. She will know you are with her even if it does not appear that she knows. Hugs.

Joan M 10-05-2009 05:08 AM

Sue,

Sorry to hear about your mom. Wishing you comfort.

Joan

loveher 10-05-2009 05:21 AM

Thanks everyone, the support here really does help me get through things, you guys have helped me through so much.

I 'm home now and the hospice nurse is not here very often, I was wondering if anyone knows whether hospice usually sends someone in for extended period of time at this stage?

Brenda S 10-05-2009 05:26 AM

To LoveHer and Believe,
You have the heartfelt sympathy and empathy of those on here who have been where you are going. Time helped me heal when my sister-in law fell victim to this horrible disease. I prayed for you this morning.
Brenda.

LoriE 10-05-2009 05:45 AM

I am so, so sorry this is happening to your family. My thoughts are with you.