HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Brenda and Denver? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49290)

Darlene Denise 03-19-2011 07:37 AM

Brenda and Denver?

Just having some coffee, doing some donuts and wondering if our friend, Brenda was able to start TDM1 on Friday as planned? Hoping all is going well.

Darlene

hutchibk 03-19-2011 11:45 PM

Re: Brenda and Denver?

Hey lady... here's the thread w/ the update.
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48902

Hope to fly up on Fri March 24 if the ECHO comes back w/ a resolved LVEF this Tues.

Darlene Denise 03-20-2011 08:26 AM

Whew! I am having a hard time keeping up with our medical and trial schedules. Thought I was off study due to low platelets. I did not get TDM1 on Feb 23 as scheduled (a wasted trip). I was getting local labs so I did not have to keep going back and forth. Protocol allows a 42 day hold from last infusion date. My platelets were still too low on day 41. They called and said to come and let them run them the next day since I would be off study if I did not get tx. So, off I flew and my platelets were still only 48 and I needed 50! They re-ran them several times from different sites and we got 52! I received a half dose which is better than no dose!! Plans are to go with another half dose next time and it's time for scans again. Hope my nerves can take it.

In the meantime, I will be thinking of you and waiting for an update that you have returned from Denver with all good news!

Darlene

hutchibk 03-22-2011 08:01 AM

I got my ECHO today and it's at 53%!! Whew! Yippee! I'm going to Denver on Friday to get my first TDM1... hallelujah!

chrisy 03-22-2011 09:29 AM

WAHOO!!!!!

Keep on up with the walking....

Will be thinking of you Friday, PM or FB or call me if you have any questions:)

Mary L 03-22-2011 10:37 AM

Brenda, I was so happy to see your message. Now you can start your treatment. Great News!!!!! Mary L

Laurel 03-22-2011 10:57 AM

DO I HEAR AN AMEN?

Most excellent news there, Tex. Hears to hopin' that stuff works for you like it has for Chrissy! YaHOOOOO!

Darlene Denise 03-22-2011 11:08 AM

Brenda! Whoop Whoop!!!!!! Way to score a good ticker number! Glad to hear you are Denver bound and becoming another TDM-1 member on Friday. Looking forward to hearing all the details.

Have a safe trip...Darlene

krisvell 03-22-2011 12:17 PM

Brenda;
What great news. I am so happy for you and it brightened my day to see you getting into the TDM1 trial. Good things are gonna happen..NED.....
Kris....

StephN 03-22-2011 01:51 PM

Brenda has joined "the Mounties" - neither rain nor sleet ...
And she always gets her "man!" Meaning the treatment she opts for in the end.

I am so happy for you Brenda, and DarleneDenise also just squeeked through.

Keep it up O Brave Ones.

Second the "keep on walking" advice. Or take up Mixed Marshal Arts!

Henny 03-22-2011 07:30 PM

Indeed wonderful news. Hats off to your ticker for coming through!

hutchibk 03-22-2011 09:41 PM

Thanks all for rootin' for me! I did my part, and now I have to keep it up and build on it. The recipe for me was 1. Lisinopril at bedtime, 2. CoQ10 twice a day, 3. CardioProtect supplement twice a day, 4. NO alcohol, NO caffeine, LOW sodium, 5. Brisk walking 30-45 minutes every day.

I did this for 3 weeks religiously and my LVEF increased from 45% to 53% (and I have been off of Herceptin/Tykerb for 5 week "washing out" period before trial treatment, which was bound to help, too).

Patb 03-23-2011 09:39 AM

Great news Brenda and you did everything possible
and it worked. My thoughts are with you as you fly
into Denver.
Patb

schoolteacher 03-23-2011 12:40 PM

Brenda,

I am so excited for you. Let us know how the first infusion goes.

Amelia

Mary Anne in TX 03-24-2011 06:18 PM

BIG day tomorrow...the very best of blessings to you!

Jean 03-24-2011 08:05 PM

Brenda,
Thinking of you tomorrow, you are a gal to be admired.
Your strength of mind and determination...bravo to you.

Sending you a huge hug.
Jean

laureen 03-24-2011 08:13 PM

Yes, yes, yes. So happy. Thought of you the other day brenda, saw a program that featured the german restaurant we went to in columbus.

Laurel 03-25-2011 05:21 PM

Hey, Tex, were you flying high in the mile high city today, Flatlander? Let us know how TDM-1 went as soon as you can. Thinking of you!

hutchibk 03-25-2011 11:01 PM

It went lovely! I didn't spontaneously combust or anything. I am home now... don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I'm not too worried. No SEs so far, 10 hours post treatment. I have always had a pretty high tolerance for treatment, but I know that anything can happen and everyone is different. I have a slow and low weekend planned, just to be safe. Then I leave to Houston on Tuesday to do my work at the Final Four Tournament.

krisvell 03-26-2011 07:12 AM

Brenda; I am so happy the first treatment went well.
Hugs and prayers,
Kris.....