HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Mighty Oak STABLE and Cruising Eastern Carribbean For More Normalcy!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34803)

Believe51 07-17-2008 01:57 PM

~Mighty Oak STABLE and Cruising Eastern Carribbean For More Normalcy!!!

Still do not know if stable is the same as NED but we are dancing anyway. Just so pleased to see him still here fighting. September 7th marks his 2 year Cancerversary and for that, for the fight, for the completion of 1 1/2 years straight chemotherapy.......I am taking him away!!

I was so sad last night when we had complications getting these plans in order that I cried myself to sleep. Complete meltdown. It did not look like we would be travelling anywhere! What a great thing to cry about, something OTHER THAN CANCER!! Although I did not think I would feel better about it in the morning, I did. I rejoiced in the fact that the biggest problem we had for right now was vacation plans!! Today I had to get a new birth certificate (don't ask), passport and pay for the entire cruise by 3.30. FINI!! All set Mighty Oak, this one is for you!!

We will be driving to Miami and getting there early, so if anyone wants a visit, we could plan something. Thirteen days of Heaven. AHhhhhh!! I cannot express the complete joy.

When the doctor pushed up his visit to 3 months I put my hands over my face and cried loudly: "I am so scared, I am so scared" Of course our Angel doctor asked me why, relieved my fears and the asked...."Does 2 months make you feel better Marie?? Unbelievable. This makes me laugh since I am not the patient. We have a BRAIN MRI and PETSCAN coming up to assure that he is still stable.

This is the first time his numbers have stopped climbing after chemo stopped, on some chemo the numbers rised during treatment.

CEA.....2.1
CA27/29.....37.3

We want to take another moment to thank you all here for your continued prayers, love and support. Ed & I were told by his doctor that this is the best time to go on vacation and to absorb this newfound freedom as long as it lasts. It is scary not being on treatment and being stage IV but I am sure we will adjust slowly. Never been on this part of the journey but I am certain we will love it.

Love to talk more but I just got promised a dance from my 'Lil Oaker>>Believe51

Thank you all so much for loving us, you mean the world to us. And, do not forget that we could have never done this without y'all!! I know our Angels are looking down upon us and smiling!!

Mary Anne in TX 07-17-2008 02:18 PM

Here's to many, many years of smooth sailing!!!!!

Faith in Him 07-17-2008 03:01 PM

Marie,

I am so happy that things are going so well for you and Ed. Have a wonderful time on your vacation.

Hugs to you both.

Tonya

NanaKaren 07-17-2008 03:03 PM

Marie and Mighty Oak,
Have a wonderful trip and I can't think of a more beautiful way to celebrate your cancerversary. Bravo!!!! All my love, NanaKaren

Mary Jo 07-17-2008 03:44 PM

Oh Marie and Ed......Heaven is right. A trip away and no treatment AND you are each with the love of your life. Nope, I don't think life gets any better than that.

Have an absolutely FABULOUS time away....hold hands, hug, smooch and dance the night away (well, if you're anything like me - 10:00 p.m. might be it...but hey...)

Prayers surrounding you both,

Mary Jo

WomanofSteel 07-17-2008 03:47 PM

Marie great news about Ed! You guys definitely deserve a vacation. So, relax and enjoy it and have fun just being tourists.

TriciaK 07-17-2008 03:50 PM

Marie and Ed: HOORAY!!! We are all so happy for you! You have certainly fought the good fight. We all hope your vacation is absolutely wonderful! Don't even think aobut us, but if you should, remember we are rejoicing for you! Have a wonderful time and tell us all about it when you get back. Hugs, Tricia

Yorkiegirl 07-17-2008 04:39 PM

DOING THE HAPPY, HAPPY DANCE here. Marie and Ed this wonderful news to hear.
Have a WONDERFUL vacation. Dance and Dance the night away.

Jackie07 07-17-2008 04:48 PM

So happy for the two of you. Thank you for setting such a good example on marriage (being a couple). Thanks for sharing.

Bill 07-17-2008 04:54 PM

Marie and Ed, I'm so happy for you guys! Cruise away and have a great time! Thanks so much for keeping in touch. Love ya, Bill

Joan M 07-17-2008 05:59 PM

Marie and Ed,

You both really deserve a wonderful vacation. Absorb all the sunshine. Eat, drink and be merry.

Best, Joan

karen z 07-17-2008 06:06 PM

Marie and Ed,
I am so happy for you both. Have a wonderful time!!!!!
Best,
Karen

Jean 07-17-2008 07:13 PM

Marie and Ed,
Can you hear the bubbles?
I am opening a bottle of champagne ..Yahoo
and Bon Voyage...you both deserve the best
stateroom on the ship.

Enjoy!
Big Hugs,
jean

schoolteacher 07-18-2008 08:20 AM

Marie and Mighty Oak,

I am so happy for both of you. I hope you have a great vacation!

Amelia

caya 07-18-2008 05:56 PM

Marie and Ed,

Have a wonderful time on the cruise. You both certainly deserve the R & R. Enjoy, enjoy!!

all the best
caya

hutchibk 07-19-2008 09:12 AM

Marie- have a WONDERFUL cruise... I know you will! Mine was amazing and I would give anything to go again. I don't know the real diff between NED and stable, as I seem to alternate between the two...and that is not a bad thing. All I know is everyday that I appear to have the same old small spots and low markers with nothing new on scans is a good day!

Patb 07-19-2008 02:33 PM

Such good news. Have a good trip, relax and enjoy!
patb

notamrnpsn 07-19-2008 03:07 PM

Cruise

Way to go Marie and Ed. Cruising is my all time favorite vacation. What ship are you going on? I never care where we go , as long as I am sailing. Enjoy this cruise and let us know all about it when you get back. I have to wait until November for my cruise. Smooth sailing, Jeanette

Believe51 07-29-2008 01:25 PM

Update

Ed and I will be leaving on September 20th from Miami Pier. We will be sailing in a large balcony room that will whisk us away to the Bahamas, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Johns, and Grand Turk.

It is my gift to my Angel for the hard work he has done in the last 2 years. Last year during the Tykerb/Xeloda treatment we went to New Hampshire for his one year cancerversary. Being his 2nd cancerversary and not having any treatment at the moment, he deserves more.

We are driving down to Miami beginning on the 18th and I ask one more time:
If anyone is one is close to I-95 and wants to meet on the way down...e-mail me at my Yahoo address. We will be travelling early and will be in Miami a day early so we can make plans with you on the way down if you desire. So far I am planning on two visits with my friends here and I cannot wait for those hugs, they will be a nice addition to our vacation plans.

I want to mention again that we could have never made it this far without you all. Your support is supreme and means the world to us.

So here is to God, Mighty Oak, our Medical Team/Science and our Educated Extended Family here:

Thank You for being you, for showing us the light, for carrying us through the darkest of days, for the tender support and unconditional love you bring into our lives daily.>>Believe51

PS: The avatar is our ship and whenever I look at it I will remember what it took to get on board!!

juanita 07-29-2008 05:32 PM

Wouldn't be able to meet you, but want to wish you good luck!