HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How'd it go Marie? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35522)

SoCalGal 09-12-2008 08:13 AM

How'd it go Marie?

Just wondering how it went and how Ed's feeling.
xo Flori

Lani 09-12-2008 09:10 AM

ditto

Best wishes coming your way

caya 09-12-2008 11:28 AM

Yes Marie - please update us when you can.

xo
all the best
caya

Believe51 09-12-2008 12:01 PM

What A Day!!!!

Arrived at 5:30 am and needed to stay overnight, the procedure was finished at 11:00 pm! It was the pain in his back that really made him have to keep stopping.

They found 4 more mets, all very small in size. Some minor complications but nothing really to alarming. One was when he had to tilt his head and put it on his chest. He could not breathe and the pressure on his back made tears roll out of his eyes. This only happened because he has very bad bone mets and the average person will not have this issue.

Then they had to give him a large dose of morphine, which had all of us laughing by doing so. Between being half deaf AND medicated we all had our hands full. The nurses all loved him and flocked around him all day. The updates were constant and so was Ed's visits. Whenever they had to do a different pose he had to get up, of course he would want to visit with me in the waiting room.

The best and most trying part of the entire day was when the told him that they had done much work in his head and he needed to stay overnight. He did not remember anything that well BEFORE the morphine and did not remember anything AFTER it too.

Funny now but I had my hands full:
Upon arrival in his room he firmly said "I am not staying, my diabetic cat needs his shots and I have things to do!!" I had left at 4 pm to do this for the cat but again he did not remember that. So he tried to escape out the back stairway. Being under the influence I guided him back to the room to try to reason. Nope! He snuck away down the stairs and I was worried about him falling. The nurses were right on this and ran, some called security. I, however, went outside to catch him if he escaped successfully. I was now locked out of the hospital! I am laughing now as I write but was scared out of my gourd!!

A kind nurse let the crying wife back into the hospital. Upon returning to his room I found....he was gone again. Determined little guy! He was more mad at me for, and I quote: "Thanks Marie, the elevator door opened and there was 6 security guards waiting. Thanks for getting me arrested!!" I thought that was so funny but I waited to laugh about this until later!

All went well. Great team, great day. All 10 mets were zapped. We will watch the swelling but the vacation is still on!

And by the way, the reason for his tiredness despite the Decadron was that he had a met located at the sleep center and did not get the REM sleep he needed. Thankfully we spotted all of these issues BEFORE he was symptomatic!!

Love to all and thanks for the support, well appreciated>>Marie

Mary Jo 09-12-2008 12:10 PM

Oh my gosh Marie...although not one bit funny, and I'm so sorry Ed and you had to go through all this ..... I found myself laughing out loud as I read your post. I guess it was the visual movie I was playing in my head as I read. Man, that Ed is one determined fella, isn't he? Hahahaha!

Marie, I thank God that they were able to zap all the mets and I pray, pray, pray that this is the end of those damn things.

Sending my love and a gentle hug to you and Ed this day.

Mary Jo

Vi Schorpp 09-12-2008 12:42 PM

Oh Marie

what an adventure! The crying wife/laughter episode sums it up -- it's the hysteria for the day. I'm glad that is behind Ed (and you) and pray you'll have a rested week-end.

WomanofSteel 09-12-2008 05:10 PM

Marie, glad to hear Ed is doing well. You two certainly had an adventurous day!

Mary Anne in TX 09-12-2008 05:26 PM

Marie, as I read your note, I could see you on the run and in good form to stop the "Big Guy" from slipping past the guards! What a day, a very long day for you both. But those mets are zapped. Thank goodness. God bless you, girl. Lots of love, ma

Patb 09-12-2008 05:32 PM

What a day is all I can say. I am breathless. Gentle
prayers heading your way and have a great trip.
Patb

jones7676 09-13-2008 08:43 AM

Thanks so much for the update. I'm glad to hear he is doing well - and you too as it must have been quite a day for you! Your post made me laugh a few times I must admit.

tricia keegan 09-13-2008 02:43 PM

Aw Poor Ed, and poor you marie..sounds like something I'd do with my six cats! The tx sounds like it went well despite the comic antics and I hope Ed is back to NED asap..
Hang in there Marie, it can't be easy on you either.

juanita 09-13-2008 09:03 PM

Sounds like quite an adventure! Glad everything went okay.

StillHere 09-14-2008 08:54 PM

Marie
You better keep that crazy patient of yours in line. If he's a bad boy, he can't go on vacation. No more Great Escape scenes. Marie, how is your boss handling the time off you need to be there for Ed? I hope they are understanding of your special situation. My thoughts and payers are with you both. Can't wait to see pic's from your cruise. Luv KS

lexigirl 09-15-2008 07:15 AM

Holy smokes Marie!! That was an adventure!! I'll admit that while I read about Ed's visit I had a big smile. What a crazy day, but I am so HAPPY that you can look back on it and see some humor. We need that to get through the yucky stuff. That and a terrific cruise to look forward to!

Hugs for you and Ed.

Lexi

janieR 09-15-2008 11:58 AM

Marie,

so glad everything went well for Ed. What a wonderful couple you are. You both deserve the best.

Janie