HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Mighty Oak Has Earned His Wings And Halo... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41468)

Believe51 10-15-2009 11:07 PM

~Mighty Oak Has Earned His Wings And Halo...

My Mighty Oak just passed at 1:25 on October 16, 2009. I write in my fighting color because although an end to his body, his soul and mine will continue to fight breast cancer.

I thank you all for joining us on this horrific journey, for sharing your love and education. We could have never done this without you all. I know I am already forgiven for my abscence from my family for the time to come.

I will post funeral plans as I know some have inquired. I am so relieved for him, his fight has been anything but simple. For the lives I am about to save and prolong at work in the cancer foundation, I do it in his honor....in all of your honors, for the memories of those we have loved and lost.

Please accept a special thank you for the newbies and quiet family that have stepped to the plate to let their voice be heard at the times I have needed it the most. For the outpour of help and offers of rides....for loving me through the worst moments of my life. I love you all!

Thank you Ed, for teaching me things even moments before your death. I will be alright until we meet again and that all comes from loving you! I will continue to make you proud! I love you forever!
Marie...aka Believe51!!!

hutchibk 10-15-2009 11:11 PM

Re: ~Mighty Oak Has Earned His Wings And Halo...

My heart is just shredded and broken, but the minute I read this I got a vibration through my body, and I know our newest angel has already started his new job... he let me know.

Marie, all the love in the world. Prayers, comfort and peace through the next few days, weeks, months... your Mighty Oak is standing tall and protective over us all, especially you.

Today is my dear big brother's birthday, and I know that Ed is going to a fantastic party today... I know you know that it's a good one. My brother will make sure they say a toast to us. My bro was a mighty oak as well... standing 6'10" tall. He too was my protector and I know he is always keeping a good eye on us.

sarah 10-15-2009 11:20 PM

Our deepest sympathies.
big hugs and love
sarah

mcgle 10-15-2009 11:30 PM

Though not a religious person, I send my send my sincere condolences for your loss. Ed's suffering is now over, Marie, and I wish you well for the future.

Mcgle (UK)

Karen W 10-16-2009 12:26 AM

Marie, I am so sorry to hear about Ed. He knew he was loved and he loved you back. Both of you hold a special place in my heart and will never be forgotten.

Sending Strength, hugs and healing prayers.

Karen

RhondaH 10-16-2009 02:02 AM

Marie:( My thoughts already on FB and again, HUGE HUGS from me...

tricia keegan 10-16-2009 02:21 AM

Marie, I saw your sad news on FB where I replied also.
I'm so sorry..there are no words to express my sympathy and sadness. xxx

Brenda_D 10-16-2009 02:24 AM

So sorry to hear. You are both in my prayers

michka 10-16-2009 02:30 AM

Marie, I send you love and hugs to help you find peace. I have tears in my eyes because Ed and you fought with all the love you had for one another. The way you write all your posts is exceptional and translates what a fine person you are. I understand all the feelings you have and admire the way Ed and you went through these terrible months. Marie, we love you here. I hate this sickness. Michka

Mary Anne in TX 10-16-2009 03:01 AM

Marie's & Ed's struggles, triumphs, and never-ending efforts have already blessed so many. I too believe that his arrival must have brought great celebration above! For your tasks at hand, I offer my love and prayers. You're one terrific lady.
Much love to you Mighty Marie as you begin your new journey.
ma

christie 10-16-2009 03:35 AM

Dearest Marie,

I have always admired you and Ed, the loving relationship you both shared and the way you supported each other encouraged me a lot. Praying for you , for strength at this difficult time. But as believers we dont have to feel sad because you will surely meet Ed once again. God bless you Marie

DanaRT 10-16-2009 04:21 AM

Dearest Marie,

My deepest condolences.

You are a brave strong woman.

Love,
Dana

Savta 10-16-2009 04:23 AM

Marie,
My thoughts and prayers are with you in these difficult hours. Ed's strength and courage was a beacon to all of us that followed you on your journey.
May the love and memories of better times support you in the days to come.
And know we will never forget either of you.

Pam P 10-16-2009 05:06 AM

Marie - I've been checking in every day expecting to see this news, knowing it was coming, but so dreading to see it. Today reading your message I am filled with peace - a sad peace. Your fight - Ed's fight was horrific yet couragous and your including us in it on this site gave me such a model of grace, love and perserverence. I thank you both for that and for the continued fight and advocacy you will do to fight this disease. My sympathy to you, dear brave, gracious, and compassionate Marie. I know you will have and feel Ed's spirit walking with you in the days ahead. Pam

nitewind 10-16-2009 05:29 AM

Marie, I don't know what to say. You've allowed us to be part of your lives and all your triumphs, challenges and a part of seeing real devotion and love.
I cried when I opened this thread earlier this morning and I had to come back to it. Your wonderful Ed is no longer in pain and suffering so badly. He, and you, fought a good fight.
You are a true warrior and you have all of our respect and love. Stay strong, sweetie, we love you so much.
sue

lisajones4 10-16-2009 05:36 AM

Marie - I am so so sorry for your loss. I was so inspired by your love for Ed and the continued strength and fight you both have showed through this journey. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. We love you.

Lisa

Becky 10-16-2009 05:37 AM

For Marie

When I pass to my reward.
Whatever that may be,
I'd like my friends to think of me
As one who loved a tree.

I may not have a statesman's poise
Nor thrill a throng with speech
But I may benefit mankind
If I set out a beech.
If I transport a sapling oak
To rear its mighty head
Twill make for them a childhood shrine,
That will not soon decay.
Of if I plant a tree with fruit,
On which the birds may feed,
Then I have fostered feathered friends
And that's a worthy deed.
For winter when the days grow short
And spirits may run low
I'd plant a pine upon the scape
T'would lend a cheery glow.
I'd like a tree to mark the spot
Where I am laid to rest
For that would be the epitaph
That I would like the best. Tho it's not carved upon a stone
For those who come to see
But friends would know that resting there
Is he, who loved a tree
-- Samuel N. Baxter

MJo 10-16-2009 05:38 AM

You must be exhausted. Please take good care of yourself. God bless Ed.

Sheila 10-16-2009 05:45 AM

Marie
Thank you for sharing your precious Ed with all of us over the past couple years, your strength, and committment are such an inspiration
Yet another angel watching over us from above~~~

Yorkiegirl 10-16-2009 05:47 AM

Marie my heart is just breaking for you. My prayers go out to you during this most difficult time.

Ed has his wings and will certainly be watching over you always.

sending many hug's to you.