HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Gemzar & Herceptin (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61564)

KDR 07-30-2014 02:42 PM

Gemzar & Herceptin

I started Gemzar and Herceptin today. Will add carboplatin if numbers don't come down after one cycle. Also, I feel great that I am now working with a world-reknowned integrative hematologist oncologist who will work with my primary. It's a new approach, and I believe, something I should've done years ago.
Back in 1999, my cat got cancer and I went the route of giving him chemo. The holistic vet I used advised me that I should not shoot the body full of chemo without boosting the immune system and taking good tumor-busting supplements. That was a lesson I didn't listen to for myself. It applies. I started with amino acid infusions and within two days I could feel the neuropathy lessening. A mouth sore gone. Main ingredient in that infusion is glutathione. When I researched it, I was ripped that I hadn't started way before this.
We are taking a multi-angled shot at the cancer, and I'm feeling good about it. It's been some time since I achieved NED status, but out to catch it again.
Also looking to retest mutations with Caris vs. Foundation One. According to their website, their testing is a bit more sensitive. Would love some feeback if anyone has experience with Caris.
Warmly,
Karen

linzer 07-30-2014 05:12 PM

Re: Gemzar & Herceptin

So glad you are on an encouraging path. I have been taking L-glutamine powder (30g a day) for 2 weeks now (started during week 6 of Taxol, Herceptin, Perjeta) and am astounded at the progress I've made. No more Big D (well a bit the day after a Perjeta, but that's it) and so far, no real neuropathy. I get a "tingle" here or there in my hands and it resolves. No mouth sores - although they do try to break through. I do salt/b-soda and coconut pulls. Usually it takes one day of this and then they dissipate. My blood levels have also improved. I hope that you continue to soar! Your history ticker is mighty impressive in all that you've endured. Let's hope your next entry is NED and that is the last one posted!!

KDR 07-30-2014 05:15 PM

Linzer, indeed I want that to be the case!

Karen

linzer 07-30-2014 05:18 PM

I'll be thinking of you and hoping for nothing but continued progress :)

Mary Anne in TX 07-30-2014 06:09 PM

I'm praying for you and believing in your success. You're listening inside and there is peace and knowledge there. much love,

KDR 07-30-2014 06:22 PM

Thanks, Mary Anne!

Carol Ann 07-30-2014 07:08 PM

Wonderful news, Karen! I am so happy to read this ... please know I think of you every day and visualize NED for you. :)

Carol Ann

suzan w 07-30-2014 09:06 PM

Time for NED to reappear on your signature!!!

Carol Ann 07-30-2014 09:07 PM

Second that!

CA

carlatte7 07-30-2014 09:18 PM

Sending lots of happy thoughts and prayers that this will do it for you!

Pamelamary 07-31-2014 12:56 AM

Good luck with the Gemzar, Karen! It is also great to hear you so positive about the new approach - I will have to do some research into these areas myself.
Sending warm wishes and healing vibes.... Pam

KDR 07-31-2014 07:07 AM

Thanks, everyone! I also want to use cannabinoids, but it's not legal yet in New York, but soon will be. Not for bandaid purposes, i.e., smoking for neuropathy or nausea, but for its curative properties internally with the tincture. Please look to our sister, Stephanie LaRue, who has been fighting metastatic breast cancer for many years and has been the beautiful face of many balls, meetings, galas to spread awareness for us all. Cannabinoids have been the one thing to get her markers down. Hallelujah!
Any one else in legal states using the Rick Simpson oil or Phoenix Tears?
Karen

yanyan 07-31-2014 10:47 AM

Hi Karen I'm in CA and have been using medical marajuna oil/paste for a few months now roughly 4 months. I'm not a heavy user and I mostly use it at bedtime so I haven't been able to get my dose up to what is recommended. I'll start a new thread so other pp can chime in

Adriana Mangus 07-31-2014 04:49 PM

Hi Karen,

So happy to hear from you and your new treatment. Let's pray this is the one to take you all way to NED.

Hugs,

Adriana

Laurel 07-31-2014 05:31 PM

Picturing you in a flowing gown and glass slippers dancing the night away with that most handsome prince, NED!

KDR 07-31-2014 06:51 PM

Thanks, everyone! Your thoughtfulness and caring really matters!
XOXO

Karen

Carol Ann 07-31-2014 07:09 PM

You go, Karen! I'm here hoping your side effects from the Gemzar are miniscule! XOXO!

Like Laurel says, Prince NED is waiting for that dance with you.

CA

KDR 08-02-2014 05:55 PM

Well, so far, the one treatment I've had seems to be tolerable. Except there is that crash Day 2 or 3. For me it is Day 3. There's got to be a better way!

Thanks for all the well wishes

Karen

Carol Ann 08-02-2014 06:04 PM

Oh I'm sorry, Karen ... :( Chemo SUCKS! I agree, there has to be a better way.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Carol Ann

Catherine 08-03-2014 04:30 PM

Here's to you Karen and your fresh approach and your ever-enduring good attitude. So happy that you are working with a top-notch doctor. Thank goodness there are so many good doctors out there. Sending you love and support and prayers.