HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sheila earned her wings 1 year ago today (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59712)

Jen 12-10-2013 03:48 PM

Sheila earned her wings 1 year ago today

The earth has danced once around the sun
Since the day the cancer had won
You were taken too soon from this earthy life
We lost a wonderful daughter, Mother, sister and wife

Andrea Barnett Budin 12-10-2013 04:22 PM

Re: Sheila earned her wings 1 year ago today

And dear friend, Jen! Sheila was a shining star on this board for so long. But not long enough. Her Spirit was ever willing to be sure, and her support and love always at the ready. A most special lady. A Sister to all of us here. She is deeply missed. But I know she is radiant and at peace, freed from her body, sailing on the breeze and carrying you, Jen, in her heart for eternity.

Try to be focus on how blessed you were to have such a remarkable woman be your Mom, rather than the loss of her. We did not want her to suffer anymore. Her valiant best was full of grace and beauty. But we had to let her go. How she faced adversity was a lesson for each of us to be sure.

She'll never be forgotten. I am grateful to have known her.

Sending you love,

Andi

Paty 12-10-2013 05:58 PM

Our dear Sheila will always be remembered. Jen, I had the pleasure to meet your mom at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, great lady, wonderful woman, marvelous friend and supporter. She will be in my heart for ever. Hugs.

Paty

tricia keegan 12-10-2013 06:12 PM

Holding thoughts of our dear Sheila today Jenn, and thinking of her family too:(

Laurel 12-10-2013 06:50 PM

I was just thinking about your wonderful mom earlier today as I so often do, Jen. I did not recall that this was the anniversary of her death. She is missed and held in our hearts. Thanks for popping in. How are you and your family doing these days?

Jackie07 12-11-2013 10:29 AM

Sheila had given so much of herself to this Board. We've really missed her.

MaineRottweilers 12-11-2013 06:34 PM

A lovely remembrance.

sarah 12-12-2013 11:03 AM

She is missed and remembered.
hugs and love
sarah

Becky 12-12-2013 04:00 PM

I miss her still and think about Sheila often.

KDR 12-12-2013 04:25 PM

Nice of you to post, Jen. How are you these days?

Karen

caya 12-12-2013 07:41 PM

Shelia was one brave Warrior Woman. She is missed here Jen.

all the best
caya

Jen 12-14-2013 09:17 PM

Karen I am not gonna lie it has been very hard for me but I am trying to cope the best I can.

SoCalGal 12-14-2013 10:11 PM

Just wanted to echo the words of others, Jen, I think of your mom often. I can offer you my own coping skills on loss, when I am grief-struck the most, I try to imagine the person I am missing - and really imagine what they would say to me in that moment and what they would want for me to be doing/feeling. It usually helps me to get present, and move forward. Wishing you peace. Flori

JillaryJill 12-15-2013 11:31 AM

Jen,
Your mother messaged me privately when I was newly diagnosed and so scared. Dr. Cobleigh is my doctor also. You mom reached out to me to help me, while she was going through her own hell. I will forever be grateful to her for that!

Mtngrl 12-15-2013 02:15 PM

Jen,

Your mom also offered me love and support and hope via private message. She was a good friend. I know she loved you and your daughter. I can certainly understand why you miss her so.

Thank you for stopping by to remind us of our beloved Sheila.

Laurie7 12-16-2013 08:08 AM

Jen,

As everyone said, your mother was one of a kind for sure! I too go to Dr. Cobleigh JillaryJill and that is where I met Sheila and your Aunt Chris for the very first time! LOVED and will continue to LOVE that woman! There truly are no words good enough to describe her. And anybody who has been lucky enough to have crossed paths with her, just knows! She isn't a word or a description...she's a breath of fresh air! She's still MY strength on my bad days. Sure, she left a lot of broken hearts (and if mine was broken, I can't even imagine yours!) But the memory she left is again, UNDESCRIBABLE!! And you must know that your mom is not gone, she's just away! Away somewhere safe, peaceful, and knowing her, having a blast! And the only thing making her sad is to see her family sad :( I will keep all of you in my prayers ��

KristinSchwick 12-16-2013 07:51 PM

Can't believe its been a year- seams like the news is still fresh in my mind. I lost my mom almost 3 years ago now and it still hurts but I know she fought a good fight and is now resting with the Lord, just like your mama.
Peace and know she is not forgotten.

Jen 12-17-2013 08:32 AM

One year ago today Dec 17th we laid Mom to rest. She requested to be lifted up to this song at the cemetary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DKWlrA24k