HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My Idea for a Game Show (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43062)

MJo 12-23-2009 03:17 PM

My Idea for a Game Show

We call it Chemo Brain Jeapordy

Contestants are challenged to answer questions like:

What is your name?

What is your birth date?

What is your address?

caya 12-23-2009 07:43 PM

Re: My Idea for a Game Show

ROTFL, MJo...

LOL

all the best
caya

Becky 12-23-2009 07:58 PM

Add to the list:

How do you spell that?
Who are you?
Why are you sleeping in my bed with me?
Do I owe you money too?

Margerie 12-23-2009 09:50 PM

OK I'll play...

Where did I park my car?

Why am I in this grocery store?

Whose kids are these?

Why is only one of my legs shaved?

Margerie 12-23-2009 09:59 PM

Oooh thought of one more...

How does my gas tank keep moving to the other side no matter which side I pull up next to the pump?

LOL Mjo!

StephN 12-23-2009 11:34 PM

UH - yeah! A "game " I play with myself every day ...

Why did I open this refrigerator door?

Didn't I turn on that oven?
(It is a good thing the tea kettle whistles ...)

What was I going to get in this room?

Why am I walking down the hall?

When did I set that sprinkler?

Didn't I already pay that one?

Wonder when I ran the washing machine??

How long have I been standing here wondering these things?

(This is just the beginning!)

Jackie07 12-23-2009 11:49 PM

More serious ones:

"Have I taken my Tamoxifen?" (It doesn't matter that I use a 7-day pill box - I'm challenged to know the correct day - finally solved the problem by wearing an 'Ironman' watch and double check with the date on the cell phone if still confused.)

"Are there wet clothes in the washer?" (During the real cold days when I refrained from going to the garage to use the washing machine, I was worried that there might be wet clothes inside of the washer and the cold temperature was going to turn them into 'ice...'.)

"What's buring on the stove/in the oven..."

MJo 12-24-2009 07:45 AM

Must be the chemo. Can't be Alzheimers:

Boston (DbTechNo) - Results of a new study show that people with Alzheimer’s disease maybe at reduced risk of developing cancer.

Ironically the study also found that those people with cancer were at a decreased risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.

Jean 12-24-2009 08:23 AM

Teehee, MJO great game....I'll play...

Get in the car begin to drive down the road and you say to yourself....ummmm, where am I going?

Shop early for Christmas gifts....then forgot where you put them!

In the middle of a conversation with someone and you draw a blank on their name! ouch

Merry Merry All.
Jean

MJo 12-24-2009 09:04 AM

For those of us on estrogen blockers, the chemo brain jeapordy questions is

Are you male or female? (No peeking allowed.)

chicagoetc 12-24-2009 02:37 PM

Ok...

How many times did you tell your boss the same story?

How many days in a row did you have the same conversation with your father on the phone? [Works great if neither of you remember. Just as long as you are both happy!]

Why are my keys locked in the car? And WHY is it still running?

In the middle of a work staffing where everyone is going around introducing themselves to each other...you forget YOUR last name and the department where you work. Seriously. [What is your name and where do you work?]

What movie are you watching?

The rest of what all of you have written so far is great!

Melanie

PinkGirl 12-24-2009 03:46 PM

Where are my car keys?

Who put the salt and pepper in the fridge?

Which drawer has the knives and forks?

Where are my glasses?

Was the oven on "warm" all night????

TriciaK 12-25-2009 05:42 PM

Great thread, MJo! So funny and yet a little sad too. Of course, in my case, I not only blame chemo brain, but after all, I just turned EIGHTY! When my husband and I had our psychological practice, it was common always to ask patients "name, date, time, and place" to see if they were grounded in reality. (We didn't know about chemo brain then!) So I guess as long as you know your name, what day/date it is and where you are, you are okay. I find that if you tell yourself calmly"I know it, and I can come up with the right answer in a minute" usually you really can come up with the right answer in about a minute. I tell my grandchildren that the brain is like a computer and mine is fine, just somewhat overloaded so it takes a little longer to search for the right answer. They seem to understand perfectly. I tell them I haven't found the "delete" button yet to get rid of all the spam and such but I'm working on it! Actually, I have found that many of my older friends are having a harder time remembering things than I am, and they haven't had chemo! So as long as you can take it in your stride and laugh you're just fine! I did mention "chemo brain" as an excuse for forgetting an appointment with my oncologist and his office girl said "When did you last have chemo?" When I told her she said "You can't have chemo brain for longer than a year". So if what she said is true, then I guess it could just be old age! Hugs, TriciaK

PinkGirl 12-26-2009 08:11 AM

Did I borrow something of yours recently?

Do I owe you any money?

Why can't I charge my cell phone with the camera cord?

Soccermom 12-26-2009 10:38 AM

This is hysterical! (so true and so sad)

StephN 12-26-2009 12:08 PM

Well, sometimes, I get almost hysterical!

Christmas eve: 8 miles from home - half way to the party. "Well, Sh**, I left the present on the table by the door!" Needless to say, we went back.

(At least I DID eventually remember.) I try to take a mental inventory of what I was supposed to bring on a given outing. See, I DO play this game each and every day ...

Like on the way to Farmer's Market, where they mostly take cash only. Do I have money?

Groggily this morning: "Sorry, darling, I forget to buy milk. We do have some Half & Half left!"

PinkGirl 12-26-2009 12:27 PM

When I go to the store to buy tin foil why do I come home
with waxed paper????

suzan w 12-26-2009 08:41 PM

Why do I keep trying to heat up my cold coffee in the fridge instead of the microwave?
Why do I keep forgetting where I set that coffee down in the first place?
I love this game!!
xo Suzan

Marilyn 12-28-2009 12:16 PM

I had a thought....now what was it???

Rich66 12-28-2009 12:51 PM

Pink,
I apologize. I was the one who put the salt and pepper in the fridge. It was just a spontaneous prank. Great party by the way. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.