HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hello everyone! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48593)

duga35 01-30-2011 03:58 PM

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and tell everyone hello. I haven't been here for awhile.

Well.......HELLO!!!!

Jackie07 01-30-2011 04:11 PM

Re: Hello everyone!

Good to hear from you, Duga. A 'Hello' back to you.

Chelee 01-30-2011 04:40 PM

Hi Duga,
It's nice hearing from you. Let me say a big hello right back at you. Hope all is going well for you.

Chelee

chrisy 01-30-2011 05:49 PM

hello! hope you're doing great!

Sheila 01-30-2011 05:51 PM

Duga
You have been missed...hope things are going well with you! Welcome Back~~~

Patty F 01-30-2011 09:15 PM

Hello Duga

schoolteacher 01-31-2011 07:12 AM

Glad to hear from you Duga. Hope you have been dong well.

Amelia

Mary L 01-31-2011 07:51 AM

Hello Duga, Hope all is going well for you!!! Mary L

KDR 01-31-2011 12:47 PM

Hello, Duga
Nice to meet you. I was dx'd in June 2010 with liver mets, and continue to fight the fight.

krisvell 01-31-2011 05:15 PM

Hi Duga,
Nice to meet you. Hope things are going well.
Kris...

Bill 01-31-2011 05:35 PM

Hey there, Camptown! It's good to hear from you. Whatcha been up to these days?

Soccermom 01-31-2011 06:38 PM

Hello again Duga!
Hope all is well with you and yours!
Marcia

1rarebird 01-31-2011 07:16 PM

Hey Doug--

It is good to hear you checking in with the group again. Everyone is wishing the best for you.

I mostly lurk in the background on this borad, trying to soak in as much of the powerful information that is freely shared here. But my eyes always light up when a fellow brother in the fight signs in. Sometimes I feel a little lonely but you have made my day today by just stopping in to say hello. Thanks.

Well, good luck.

Phil (aka bird)

Laurel 01-31-2011 07:42 PM

Hey there, Duga! I have been off site a good bit lately myself. I am so glad I popped in for a mo. and saw your post. Hope all is well!

KDR 02-01-2011 10:59 AM

Phil & Doug, from now on, promise to post to my brothers and sisters, hope you are well--your new sister,

tricia keegan 02-01-2011 03:51 PM

Hi Duga,

Good to hear from you, how are you????

Jean 02-01-2011 11:04 PM

Glad to hear from you!
I was wondering about you.
Let us know "how the heck are you?"

Hugs,
jean

Paty 02-12-2011 07:30 PM

Duga!

Hope everything is going great with you. Welcome back!! We would like to hear from you more often!!

duga35 03-03-2011 10:41 AM

Hello everyone! I'm sorry that I've been awol for so long now, but all of you are never out of my mind! If it wasn't for the support and wealth of information that I found here when I was first diagnosed I don't know what I would have done!

But, ok, here goes. I've been doing well although I had a "scare" a few weeks ago. During a routine visit to my oncologist he felt that I had "something" on the scar line where my cancer was, so he sent me for an ultrasound. They found that something was there but it wasn't quite visible enough to be sure so he sent me to see my surgeon. He looked everything over and felt that it was just scar tissue but with my history he didn't want to take any chances. So, last Thursday I had my 4th surgery. I also was able to get a plastic surgeon to be there also to do a bit of reconstruction while I was in there. He did some liposuction and tried to reshape me the best he could like I was before all of the surgeries. I went yesterday to see the surgeon for a followup and the pathology report said I was all clear, and it was just a lot of scar tissue. After my first mastectomy I got a pretty nasty infection and I think that was what caused the scar tissue. I also told them before surgery that I was in constant pain there for the last three years. The plastic surgeon couldn't believe how much scar tissue was there plus a pocket of fluid and he told me he didn't know how I delt with that much daily pain! I told him what other choice did I have? LOL. But anyways, I'm still in a lot of pain from the lipo and I'm bruised all over. I don't recommend liposuction! It has good results but VERY painful afterwards! LOL. I still have 2 drains in each side because I still have too much fluid coming out. Hopefully those will come out next week. He doesn't want me going back to work yet but I've been off a week now, going stir crazy, so I'm going in today for a half a day and I'll go from there. On March 14 it will be 3 years since I started chemo so I guess now I'm a 3 year survivor? Can't wait till that 5th year though!

But anyways, just wanted to see how everyone is doing and send my love and prayers. I will TRY not to stay away for so long.

Doug

Jean 03-03-2011 10:46 AM

Doug,
Sorry to hear that you were in pain and had a scare.
Glad that is all behind you and I am sending you hugs and fast healing wishes. Yahoo on the 3yr. anniversery. Wishing you many many more of them.

Jean