HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   er- girls (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27899)

penelope 04-21-2007 05:51 PM

er- girls

How many of you had er- that progressed to bone mets as the first place of matastisis?

This disease is so hard...could you please just humor me.

penelope 04-21-2007 06:00 PM

feeling uneasy about treatment

bump..................

penelope 04-21-2007 10:28 PM

really no one? That is encouraging

Sheila 04-22-2007 05:15 AM

Penelope

My original tumor was 7mm like yours, ER- PR -, and the first place I progressed was to the supraclavicular nodes in the collar bone area....another common place seems to be the mediastinal nodes in the chest, but it would show up on a CT scan....even tiny ones. Hope this helps.

penelope 04-22-2007 11:31 AM

thanks for your reply sheila.

Lolly 04-22-2007 02:20 PM

Hi Penelope,
I'm er/pr- and like Sheila first progressed to supraclavicular and neck nodes, which wasn't surprising as I was node positive...Haven't progressed to bone yet, and I've been Stage IV since 2001.
I remember having sternum pain after my mastectomy, but it eventually disappeared. You should still keep an eye on it, and ask for a PET/CT if it continues to be a source of anxiety for you.

<3 Lolly

momdeeco 04-22-2007 03:56 PM

How about... is there anyone out there that the cancer has not progressed? Am I sure to get matatsis somewhere! I've never had a CT scan. Getting scared!

michele u 04-23-2007 08:44 PM

Karla,

did you not get Taxol? How many weeks of Herceptin? Yes, there is alot of us that have not progressed. It looks like you were stage 1 and neg nodes. I had 34 and not progressed. It will be 4 years this Aug. You have a great chance!!

Linda 04-24-2007 09:16 AM

Hi gals. I have a question for you. Has anyone with her+ er/pr-, very fast growing pathology, had a small (tiny) lung met that just sat there, (while getting NO treatment) didn't grow, for a year or two? My doc says that could be possible, but it doesn't seem like it's that way for us her+ girls (she has a general onc practice with few her+ bc patients)
I've had two false positive (even my doc has admitted that the readings were "bungled') lung ct scans, where tiny spots were found by the radiologist, then shown NED from a following PET/full body CT.
My onc just brought up scanning yet again, just to make sure, and I don't want to go through this again, or the possibility of an unnecessary lung biopsy! I'm high risk -- stage 3a, but just hit two years NED (finished herceptin last August) and absolutely no symtoms (I'm a runner, etc.) Feeling great.
I'd love to hear opinions, experiences, any advice that might help me decide whether to put myself through another scan or not.
Best to all. Thanks.
Linda

lkc Gumby 04-24-2007 09:28 AM

Hi Linda

I am coming up on my 2 yr mark, and my last scans last yr were neg.
Is it possible for you to have the scans done by a more experienced
BC Center?
There other reasons for something to show up on a scan besides mets, so no growth,with no txs for us her girls is a good thing I think.
For me though, I would want to check it out to be sure.
Good Luck

Linda 04-24-2007 11:35 PM

Hi Linda:
Thanks for your reply. That's a good suggestion, to continue to scan but insist on either choosing the radiologist, or traveling to big city center for the test.
Best
Linda, too.

momdeeco 04-25-2007 05:34 AM

Michelle,

I didn't receive Taxol. After asking 2 oncologists about it they both said no. I received almost 7 doses of Herceptin. (6 mo. after chemo) They had to stop the the IV during the last treatment due to Muga results.
I am so glad you are NED. That is awesome! Priase God!!! Thanks for your support and encouragement.