HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Powerful Prayers Needed For Meredith (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56225)

LeahM 10-07-2012 05:31 PM

Re: Powerful Prayers Needed For Meredith

as a 39 year old mother of a beautiful 7 year old daughter, my heart is breaking for Merideth and her family. Prayers ascending.

Kellennea 10-07-2012 08:47 PM

Sending prayers up... this breaks my heart.

sarah 10-08-2012 12:37 AM

Done! Still losing too many good people. Just lost a good friend who was part of our support group, so sad.
hugs and love
sarah

jra40 10-08-2012 07:51 AM

Thank you for posting this Karen. What a beautiful and brave woman - all my prayers to you Meredith!

I hate this disease and how much it takes from us. So devastating...

Cathya 10-08-2012 12:06 PM

My prayers for Meredith. On Saturday night from 4:30 to 5:00 on CNN I watched the Sanjay Gupta, MD show where he talked about treating and putting into remission cancers, including breast cancer with metformin. This is a drug that has been used to treat type 2 diabetes and costs pennies a day. I know this sounds crazy but why not check it out? She is so young and perhaps......

Cathy

Joanne S 10-08-2012 02:38 PM

Heartbreaking!
Praying for a miracle for Meredith and Family!

pwiswell 10-08-2012 04:42 PM

I just watched Meredith's videos, and I am crying as I type this. She certainly has my prayers and I hope she can somehow still beat this thing. Being a mom of two and having metastic breast cancer, this hit home with me. I sincerely hope her will power will keep her going. Thanks for sharing and please tell her there are a lot of people praying for her.

Jen 10-09-2012 06:27 AM

My heart breaks for Meredith and for her family especially her beautiful little girl. I am sending my loving prayers to her and her family as I know what her family is going through because I am going through it too with my own Mom Sheila.

kklouisiana 10-09-2012 08:50 AM

I wish I could take Meredith's cancer so that she could get completely well.

Pray 10-11-2012 08:08 PM

Hi Karen, You are a Wonderful friend! I read everything I could find on Meredith. She is obviously a smart beautiful young mother with a husband who loves her so very much. As read through her stories I saw so many of you woman over and over again. Meredith's beautiful little family are in my prayers as all of you are.

radiant 10-11-2012 09:31 PM

Karen -

It's agonizing and heartbreaking to see or own
beloved sisters loosing their battle. This is
a criminal disease - criminal.

This is happening to some of my friends too / and
I don't consider myself out of the woods at this
time. Hard to manage the ongoing seismic losses
for us all.

Kim

KDR 10-12-2012 05:35 PM

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/1...political.html

The Miami Herald story.
Meredith has just been gifted with beads blessed by the Dalai Lama. What a treasure. I and another lady here have urged her to seek the opinion of Mitchell Gaynor, NYC, in a last-ditch effort and I've been told she's "reaching out" to him. YES! I love this thinking!
Thank YOU for all the prayers and spiritual upliftment for her and her family.
Karen

rhondalea 11-13-2012 05:48 PM

This turned up in my Facebook feed today, and I thought it would be good to give this thread a bump:

http://www.parents.com/blogs/goodybl...f-women-study/

yanyan 11-13-2012 10:46 PM

How heartbreaking it is for any mom having to leave their kids behind! She is such a wonderful mom! I can't believe she looked so beautiful just last month and now fighting for her life!! May she have less sufferings and more peaceful and joyful moments!

Jen 12-22-2012 08:25 AM

Meredith Israel Thomas has earned her wings.... Saw this on her Caring Bridge site this morning. "After and epic and inspirational struggle Meredith passed away at 11.11pm last night! We were all with her holding her hands and telling her how much we loved her as she fought so hard for her last few breaths. It was hard and very sad to be part of her final journey but I am certainly a far better person from having had Meredith at my side. She died with dignity and grace as she had lived her life.

Meredith I love you more!"

KsGal 12-22-2012 09:20 AM

I didn't know about Meredith until K posted about her here. I looked her up on the caringbridge site, and I have been reading her blog since. I am truly so sorry to hear of her passing. My sincerest sympathy and heartfelt prayers to her family and friends.

KDR 12-22-2012 12:32 PM

Dear Friends
Meredith would have loved to know that her voice was heard by you. Thank you for posting your kind comments and caring words. While we expected this day would come, one is never quite ready for it.
It gives me great peace in knowing she is no longer suffering, and suffering she was. i would also like to note that Mer was not HER2 positive and failed 11 chemos in three years. I did a speech recently, and the topic was breast cancer. Meredith was thrilled that i did it in her honor. Unknown to some, she raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for breast cancer research. I, for one, will continue her legacy of never giving up the fight.

Yours,
Karen

Gaver 12-23-2012 07:23 AM

i send in my prayers for Meredith......
:(

mamacze 12-27-2012 07:05 PM

Awww Karen, I am sick at heart that Meredith passed; I am sick that you lost your friend and sick that we lost a true champion. Her beautiful daughter will have to conquer the world with the roots of her moms love and memories. There has to be some good that comes from this adversity. I just can't touch it right now. Peace to you. May Meredith's words championing our cause continue to be remembered, may her love for her daughter and family remain strong and unforgotten. XOXO

Joanne S 12-31-2012 03:49 PM

Bless you heart Karen! I am sorry for your loss. Meredith was a fine woman and touched the lives of so many. My heart is so sad for her loving family. In sympathy and love, Joanne