HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Last Herceptin Infusion - Done and Dusted! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61590)

Aussie Girl 08-05-2014 04:16 AM

Last Herceptin Infusion - Done and Dusted!

Hi Everyone,

Just letting you know I had my last Herceptin infusion yesterday. Chocolates all round at the Cancer centre and may I never have to walk in there as a patient again!

I am working part time and will soon be up to 30 hours a week. My life has changed in a million ways since my cancer diagnosis. For a while now I've been struggling to stay positive.

My life is full of drama and tears. My son has left to go to University. My teenage daughter announced she was transgender and has been diagnosed with High functioning autism spectrum disorder and depression. I've had chemopause (blah!), a car accident (minor) and house renovations (major). Friends were recently killed in the plane shot down over Ukraine. Other friends have had breast cancer, and a close friend's son got very badly burnt two days ago when his coat caught alight as he stood with his back to a camp fire.

Yesterday my oncologist assured me my prognosis is very good and that there are no special scans or blood tests currently available to screen or monitor for metastases.....

So today I decided to believe in my own healing and to get on with living.

My encounter with cancer - early stage cancer that is - is such a small blip compared what is happening to others. I am fortunate not to be in that hard place that many of you beautiful brave ladies with stage 4 inhabit.

I am starting to see my life in perspective now. I have felt so embattled by bad news, and feelings of disempowerment (particularly with respect to my daughter/son), that I wasn't seeing the good things which are myriad in my life and not seeing the new pathways that are opening up for me.

I am turning my face towards the positive things I can do for myself, my friends, family and community. I've put myself at the front there at the moment because I has spent so much of my life doing things for others that I hardly know who I am. It's about time I found out, I think.

Thanks for all your support

Diane

Pray 08-05-2014 12:59 PM

Re: Last Herceptin Infusion - Done and Dusted!

You Rock Sister! Go now and be Victorious!!!!

tricia keegan 08-05-2014 01:58 PM

So happy for you Diane, and wish you many more happy cancer free days! Life is short and we need to enjoy it!

'lizbeth 08-05-2014 02:39 PM

Congrats Diane on your last Herceptin infusion.
I wish you continued healing and strength, and a future of NED.

KDR 08-05-2014 03:25 PM

Diane,
Congratulations and have some chocolate for me!

Karen XOXO

Bunty 08-06-2014 06:46 AM

Today is the first day of the rest of your life Diane!! Possibly not an original saying, but gee it fits well for you. Congratulations on getting through the past year with such grace and courage.
Best wishes
Marie

janieR 08-06-2014 12:54 PM

Diane,

Enjoy every day and as has been said enjoy the chocolate !! When I eat mine tonight I will be thinking of you.

Janie x

linzi 08-06-2014 01:44 PM

Hi, Diane:
Congrats on finishing H and thanks for the post. Stay positive :-) If some responsibilities or difficulties are overwhelming, let it go, meditate. Cancer certainly put our lives in a new perspective. BTW, I recently finished chemo and I resonate with your post when you were at this stage. XOXO

linzer 08-06-2014 02:02 PM

Congratulations! Well said. And, so it shall be :) All the best to you and your family.

Linda

caya 08-06-2014 04:37 PM

Big congrats Diane!

all the best
caya

Adriana Mangus 08-06-2014 10:40 PM

Dear Aussie girl,

Excellent!! Glad to hear such good news.

Take care,

Adriana

Pamelamary 08-07-2014 01:10 AM

Dear Diane,
Congratulations on finishing your treatment and may you stay well for many years to come. You have clearly had a lot to deal with - we are so vulnerable in regard to our children. I hope you are able to keep your own well-being in mind, and wish you continued strength to cope with the **#! life drops on you.
Best wishes.... Pam

RedHen 08-08-2014 11:40 AM

Congratulations, Aussie Girl! All the best to you in the future. Lynne