HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update please on Joy (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40828)

rinaina 08-21-2009 10:00 PM

Update please on Joy

I haven't seen any new posts on Joy for a while and have been thinking of her so often. Keep praying for some good news to pop up about our "joyful", brightest smiling sister.

Jackie07 08-22-2009 02:04 AM

Re: Update please on Joy

Found her last posting on April 26 from the Members List. There's no e-mail address for her.

It is funny how quickly we can gain a habit. At least this is a healthy one. Every wednesday, once i realize it is wednesday-you know how that is-i hope, I kick it in for all of us.

I have been missing everyone and thinking about so many of you and following your updates.

I would like to share mine as I am very scared and sad. I have been on Tykerb and Herceptin for 6 weeks ish. Both of which I have been on before and had progression, but never had combined the two.

In the meantime I have not been feeling well. My whole torso feels tight and uncomfortable and sharp pains plague it frequently. I have rationalized it to be so many other things, but today's vist to the onc confirmed, at least by physical exam, what i was fearing. My liver is very swollen. Digestion is weird (full too fast, nothing sets right). We don't know 100% if it is irritated or mets freaking out or what. Markers had come down and then went up a little and enzymes did the same. They have all been worse, but it is the wrong direction. Bilirubin is good and A/G is a smidge low.

So, this is yet another treatment that has not worked. Epirubicin/Cytoxan worked, but we are hesitaant to go there again so quickly. I think that I am no longer her2 pos and that is why DM-1 failed and herc/tyk maybe failing. I am scared, scared, scared. Scared that no treatment is going to work any more, scared that I will never feel well again, scared that just when everything else in my life is exactly where I have always wanted it, that i will be taken.

Any thoughts or success stories after liver swelling would be SO appreciated. Tips or tricks for taking care of this are also very appreciated. I eat a lot of organic produce and grains-a little ice cream now and again-I'm only human. I have been supplementing with:

Milk Thistle
Fish/Krill Oil
Reishi
D
cal/mag
probiotics
lecithan
B's
just adding IP-6 again now
and adding Shitake/Maitake too

would really like to add Vodka today, but probably not a good idea

So Eric, Caryn, Sheila, Gemma, Irene, Marie, Ed and everyone who needs parayers or not-I am sending them with tremendous love and admiration.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression

Mary Jo 08-22-2009 08:45 AM

Always praying and wondering too. Hope to hear something.

suzan w 08-22-2009 08:59 AM

Waiting to hear some news too...hope all is well. XO Suzan

IRENE FROM TAMPA 08-22-2009 10:02 AM

Oh Joy - it is so good to hear from you. Give this combo some time honey, if not are you a candidate for the Her/DM1 trial.? I did wonderful on that. It actually got me NED for the first time ever. I am just so sorry that you have to feel so lousy along the way.

My prayers and thoughts are always with you my friend.

Take care of yourself and you are NOT going anywhere YOU are not ready for yet. Just keep that thought and pass healing messages through your body.

we all love you girl.

hermiracles 08-23-2009 08:24 AM

Thinkng of you Joy.
Blessings
Hermiracles

LoriE 08-24-2009 04:26 AM

I hope no news is good news. Positive thoughts to you, Joy.
Lori

schoolteacher 08-24-2009 04:37 AM

Joy,

I have been thinking of you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Amelia

karen raines hunt 08-24-2009 07:28 PM

Thinking of you Joy.

Karen in Colorado

vickie h 08-24-2009 09:19 PM

Joy and jennifer,

We have held a vigil here for you during these trying times. May God hold you closely and deeply and softly in his love for you. We miss you but know you will always be here with us. Just sending you our love tonight, unconditionally.
Love,
Vickie

Yorkiegirl 08-27-2009 07:16 PM

Bumping this up. Any new's on Joy??? Thinking and praying for her.

Ruth 09-01-2009 06:41 PM

bumping it up

BarbM 09-04-2009 10:45 AM

Still no news? Can anyone call her or her sister? Worry time......

IRENE FROM TAMPA 09-04-2009 11:44 AM

Hi Barbara -

I just emailed Joy's sister to ask about her. I told her we were all praying that everything is going ok for her.

Hopefully hear back from her soon or she may post on site.

michka 09-04-2009 01:40 PM

Joy and Jennifer, just to say I am thinking of you, hoping that no news means you are too busy. I would love to see Joy's smile again. Michka