HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   CT Scan (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63762)

irishrelative 09-15-2015 02:14 AM

CT Scan

Aunty had a CT scan a little over a month ago just after her first chemo. She's heard nothing about the results of this but has an oncology appointment Friday

She's been worrying about the results - as have we all - would doctor normally ring with results, if they weren't good before seeing her - she has since had a second round of chemo - or would they wait until they see them in their office.

The breast surgeon, oncologist and radiologist who saw her all said cancer is gone (lumpectomy) and this is purely preventative, but how can they know this prior to doing all the CT scans.

ariana 09-15-2015 05:51 AM

Re: CT Scan

I don't know . My experience was different.

Had mammogram, ultrasound, biopsie,. So we knew size and shape
and what kind of cancer.
Did head too toe mri, cat scans, heart scan for herception treatment and
I think a few others as well. The only thing they found was a tiny kidney
stone. Nothing had spread to the lymphnodes etc..

I was warned by the Doc. not to get to excited because what the tests shows, is not
always what they find during the lumpectomy and lymphnode removal.

I had chemo first then surgery which found only 2 specks left and plenty of
clean margins and nothing in lymphnodes. So I knew at all the time about
what was happening and why. She could set up an appointment to see her Doc.
to discuss the situation or a Nurse CRN where shes at.

Keep close tabs with your doc. at all times
If she is given tamaxfin, or arimidex STAY ON IT. If you have side effects discuss
with your Doc. without skipping pills. She can give you something else or advise
you. THIS DISEASE NEVER SLEEPS. It's important to be dilligent with everything.

I had 2 specks left, clean margins, nothing in lympnodes. One year after I completed
Herception treatment, I found a lump on the side of my neck. A swollen lymphnode.
It spread to the left side and 6 tiny pin point dots on my lungs. This was on a Sunday
at 7 pm. I suddenly realized that my health net work had an urgi care medical place that was opened 7 days a week from 9-9 that could get my history on computer.
They told me it was a swollen lymphnode and I got an emgerency appointment set up
right away. I just had my first treatment. NO I DIDN'T SKIP PILLS, it just happened.
These pills have side effects along with fosilmax for the bones. Its a learning process
to get around it all. Hope everything works out. By the way cancer programs at the
hospital is a good place to be for support.

irishrelative 09-15-2015 06:00 AM

Thanks for that. I suppose everyone is different.

I'm also glad to see you mention that you had those scans CT etc for Herceptin. I was afraid they were doing this scan as they thought she had a spread. She won't begin Herceptin until she has Taxol in November.

It's so scary.

tricia keegan 09-15-2015 11:13 AM

Hi,

I think if they felt there was any spread at all they'd have called and brought her appointment forward, so no news is good news in my opinion.:)

Tresorgh 09-16-2015 02:10 AM

Thats sounds very good.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

huawei g8 hülle

irishrelative 09-16-2015 04:13 AM

Trisha,

This is what I am hoping too.

Docs seemed fairly confident they got everything, I don't know would they have been that certain if there was a query over it.

Still Friday will tell all.

Carol Ann 09-16-2015 06:21 AM

It is so nervewracking waiting for results! :( But I agree with what everyone else here has said, more or less. No news is good news.

Only a couple of more days to wait. Fly, time!

Carol Ann

tricia keegan 09-16-2015 08:19 AM

Our Dr's here tend to take longer to give results than other countries so I'm sure that's all it is, I always phone for mine if the appointment is for any length of time rather than wait.:)

Becky 09-16-2015 09:01 AM

But make sure you ask for the results and ask for a copy for your files

irishrelative 09-22-2015 05:45 AM

Hi all,

My aunty had meeting with oncologist on Friday. All well Thank God. There was no mention of CT scan so I presume all is OK. Doctors here tell you things on a 'need to know' basis. They said she is doing very well and are pleased with her.

She is 50% way through AC and isn't finding it as difficult as she thought it would be.

Doctor is telling her Taxol is easier, so hopefully that is true.

Long may stability reign

Juls 09-22-2015 10:23 AM

Hi

Good to hear all well.
I am in Scotland and info is the same here - "need to know" basis. Gets very frustrating. Thank goodness I found this site!

tricia keegan 09-22-2015 11:53 AM

So glad all is well with your Auntie and I certainly found Taxol a lot easier to tolerate than A/C too.

Juls, my son and his family live in Edinburgh, where in Scotland are you??