HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Mighty Oak~Gamma Knife Prayer Request For 12/19/08 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37236)

Believe51 12-17-2008 12:05 PM

~Mighty Oak~Gamma Knife Prayer Request For 12/19/08

Friday is the big day for The Mighty Oak, his Gamma Knife will be performed again on the newest met and any more that we waited for to pronounce themselves!! We are geared up and ready. I even have some extra pocket money packed so I can spoil myself in the giftshop and restaurant in the Gamma Center...LOL

I know we do not need to ask for the prayers that I know you include in your routine already. This time around though I am asking for special prayers for me. Although we are very excited to get this done so we can move forward, this happens to come at a time that I am so depressed (not the holidays either).

So please, when you are thinking positive thoughts and sending prayers for Mighty Oak's good outcome, l ask for my own. I need to remain strong and steady for him. Pray that I can maintain my positive demeanor, but most of all to help me through this depression. This is a happy time for us both and even if I remain positive that he will heal, I am more worried about me right now. Funny, seems the only thing that is keeping me afloat is how positive I feel about his outcome. Good things are about to happen for him and I, I feel it. I just wish I can get out of this rut so I am able to enjoy it.

Did not mean to make this post more about me but I guess I needed it to be. I love you all and I am sure your responses will lift me out of this dark place I am in.

So that is it in a nutshell, nice and neat. Prayers for our continued strength and that I can see through the fog that is trying to overcome me.>>Believe51

PS: I'll get back to you and let you know what I ended up making mine in the giftshop! (smiling).....last time it was an expensive scarf with....you guessed it, LEAVES all over it!! (really smiling)

Kim in DC 12-17-2008 02:17 PM

Praying and sending positive vibes!!!!!!!

GemmaG 12-17-2008 02:37 PM

Praying so hard for both of you. Big hugs and kisses and my love for you. Stay strong and positive. We are family here.

Love,
Gemma

Mary Jo 12-17-2008 03:39 PM

My dear sweet Marie (and Ed too) - You are COVERED in prayer........above, below and on both sides. Can you feel God's love warming you? Can you feel His peace penetrating your heart? Can you feel Him whispering to you saying "my dear sweet child........I love you.....I have never left you or Ed.......and I am here for you to lean on.........cast your burdens to me and I will give you rest..........Be happy dear child.....you belong to me and no matter what changes you and Ed go through.......my love is a constant.....NO ONE...... NOTHING...... can ever separate us......EVER! Hang on to what you know is true Marie.......Our Eternal Rest is right around the corner....and One day (not to soon I hopehttp://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif ) we will all be together.......all of us.......but then we won't have to reach out to one another for support and strength.......we will only have to enjoy the sweet rest, peace and joy that will be ours for Eternity.

Sending my prayers to YOU and ED for Friday. While I am snow blowing the foot of heavy snow we are about to receive I will be praying to our God for HIS peace to envelope you and for Ed's gamma knife surgery to be a COMPLETE success. Asking in Jesus' Name and BELIEVING.

Love you dear friend....

Mary Jo

Joe 12-17-2008 04:05 PM

Marie,
I wish to share with you a little story. Christine's Mom was terminal with metastatic bc in my home. She made Christine promise to live until 75. Of course Christine made the promise.

When we came to San Diego and met with her radiation oncologist, she mentioned the promise.

His answer was "Why do you want to die so young? As these little buggers pop up, I'll blast them and then I will have to hand you over to a younger doctor when I retire"

"We are all going to die someday, but you will not die from brain tumors"

Keep the Faith...You are in our prayers.

Regards
Joe and Christine

tricia keegan 12-17-2008 04:21 PM

Marie and Ed

My prayers and sincerest good thoughts are with you both every step of the way.
Have fun in the gift shop Marie!

Patty F 12-17-2008 05:12 PM

Marie
You and Ed are in my prayers.

RhondaH 12-17-2008 05:32 PM

Done...

and will KEEP sending the prayers.

Sheila 12-17-2008 07:22 PM

Marie and Ed
You are both in my thoughts and prayers for strength and healing....may this holiday season shower you both with many blessings and improved health for the new year.

suzan w 12-17-2008 07:56 PM

Marie and Ed...you are in my prayers, double time! Hey, Marie, are you on any anti-depressants?? Just curious. I take paxil and it has made a HUGE difference for me. Have fun in the gift shop and don't forget to BREATHE!!!! xox

ElaineM 12-17-2008 08:37 PM

Mighty Oak Gamma Knife Prayer Request

I am sending positive vibes your way. I hope all goes well on December 19th and beyond.
Merry Christmas

caya 12-17-2008 08:50 PM

Dear Marie,

Sending prayers from the Great White North -

all the best to you and Ed,
Caya

WomanofSteel 12-17-2008 09:06 PM

Marie, will keep you and Ed in my prayers. Sometimes we as patients forget how rough this whole thing is on our families. I am sure that it is hard for you to be the strong one all the time, so anytime you need some strength or cheering up remember we are here for you.

sassy 12-17-2008 09:30 PM

Marie,

Holding you close in thoughts and prayers. Be sure to take care of yourself. Seeking medical help for your depression might be a good idea.

Sherryg683 12-17-2008 10:09 PM

Beautiful lady, you are in my prayers. May you feel God with you always. ..sherryg683

flynny 12-17-2008 10:28 PM

Sending you lots and lots of hugs and positive energy. You can do it and we are all here for you when you feel you can't!

sarah 12-18-2008 02:21 AM

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow and send hugs, prayers and love.
sarah

Joy 12-18-2008 08:19 AM

Marie!

I ALWAYS pray for your strength as well as Ed's health. You two need each other. So consider it all covered. Ed-kick those buggers out of there! Marie-stay strong and find what makes you happy-you do it for others all of the time!

nitewind 12-18-2008 09:30 AM

My wonderful friend, I am keeping you in my prayers. Depression is a terrible thing, I went thru a very serious bout with it and that was long before my cancer diagnosis. Please talk to your doctor. With everything that's going on, you don't need this. Don't be afraid of taking a drug, I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't reached to my doc for help.
Love you and Ed, sweetie, and you both will be on my mind tomorrow.
Big Hugs

schoolteacher 12-18-2008 11:08 AM

Marie and the Mighty Oak,

You two will be in my prayers.

Marie, I will say a special pray for you. I know this journey has not been easy on you.

God Bless You and send You Peace.

Amelia