HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Tiger-Lilyecuadorian (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34712)

Bill 07-10-2008 04:13 PM

Tiger-Lilyecuadorian

Just wondering how you are doing Lily. I hope and pray you are well. I hope your family is well and enjoying the summer. Thoughts and prayers, Bill

sassy 07-10-2008 08:00 PM

Hey Lily,

I've been thinking of you too, and wondering if you were able to get an appointment with Dr. K. Hope all is well.

lilyecuadorian 07-10-2008 08:53 PM

Thanks Bill and Sassy. After the failure of the Navelbine two small lesion developed in my liver resulting six total. Because of my old insurance we weren't able to get anywhere with any procedures. Fortunately my dear husband get new insurance with his BC/BS of NC. With that I got approval for SIR Sphere. That cost 100g's. At the same time I'm waiting for approval for "Leukocyte Infusion Therapy" (LIFT). Already I submitted and waiting for response. It's taking a little time because it's a new trial and there is red tape to go through. They don't realize, or maybe they do, that I don't have time to wait. I've spoken with these people and they are nice. They've gotten allot of response from different places. So, it's hopeful.
Now, since I got the news that I'm approved for the SIR sphere I'm going to Disney World! Really! My family and I are meeting more family in Orlando. The SIR Sphere starts on July 30th. Last week my tumor markers was stable from the previous (4 weeks ago) check.
Sassy - I want to note that the new Onc was more supportive of the trial at Wake forest (LIFT) and the SIR Sphere. The down side, I'm only on Femara and that makes me a little on edge. I want to get started! I've haven't posted lately about me because I didn't have any good news to share.

Paty 07-10-2008 09:42 PM

Lilly,

You are always in my mind and prayers. Do not stop writing. Great you are seeing your family in Florida. Have faith, I am sure things will work out for you. I am so happy you have been approved for the SIR Sphere.

Looking forward to hearing from you!!

Paty

Believe51 07-11-2008 04:41 AM

Way To Go Girl!!

........wait.....do I see a 'Monster' in the making (smiling so big)!! I am so happy to hear of your approval and that vacation you are so desperately in need of! Have not spoken to you in a while so this is even better news to know of that approval and that things are moving forward. You are on the up girl. You are a fighter and a winner. I am so pleased to be able to share all these wonderful things since you have changed doctors. See ya "Dr No"...you are outta here....BaBye!! Everything is going spendid since we last spoke. Go Get 'em Tiger!!>>Believe51

Kim in DC 07-11-2008 05:58 AM

I am so glad you got a new Onc. I am sending positive vibes your way !

Kim

Joy 07-11-2008 06:10 AM

so good to hear it all

Thank you Lily! I am excited about your new courses of treament and will be looking forward to hearing about how all of that falls together and WORKS! And Disney World with family sounds like just the tthing-how fun. Lots of love and wishes for fun and successes coming your way!

Barbara H. 07-11-2008 09:43 AM

News!

Hi Lily,
It's really important to post when you are worried or when your treatments are not going so well. That is when you need the most support. I had to wait months to get into the H-DM1 trial and was really progressing by the time I started. It has been working for me and I noticed results within two days. I hope that this new trial will work for you and you will have positive results.

In addition, I feel that it is helpful to your body when you have a break from all this chemo even if it means that you may progress a little. Remember, while we may all have HER2 breast cancer, it is still an number of different diseases in the breast. You just need to find the right combo for you.

Enjoy that wonderful trip to Disney, and try to put all your cancer worries behind you while you are away.

Best wishes and thinking of you,

Barbara H.

schoolteacher 07-11-2008 02:13 PM

Lily,

I hope you have a great vacation. You will be in my prayers. I am really interested in hearing about your new treatment.

Amelia

Jackie07 07-11-2008 02:26 PM

Thank you, Bill, for checking on Lily.

Thank you, Lily, for giving us updates.

R.B. 07-11-2008 02:29 PM

Beautiful photo Bill,

Have a great holiday Lily.

Becca 07-11-2008 02:34 PM

Lily, good to hear news about you--have been wondering how you are doing. You always have a sweet word for everyone on here. I hope the spheres does a terrific job on helping your liver get better. I have seen you with 2 children in 1 of your pics--they must be delighted about going to Disney World. I know it is hard to face progression of the mets, new treatments, the tests, and on and on. I have tests next week to see if the ixempra is working. Stay brave dear sister, many care, many pray for you. Becca

Patb 07-11-2008 04:19 PM

Best of luck to you with your treatment and have a
wonderful trip to Disney. Keep us posted. My healing
thoughts are headed your way.
patb

WomanofSteel 07-11-2008 06:18 PM

Lily, enjoy your vacation and remember you are in our prayers. Good luck with the new treatment.

Joan M 07-11-2008 07:49 PM

Lilly,

I'm happy that you've been accepted for the trial.

Enjoy your vacation in Florida!

Joan

caya 07-11-2008 08:07 PM

Lily,

I am so happy that you got accepted into the Sir Sphere. I am praying that the treatment will be the magic bullet for you. Know that we are thinking of you and wishing you well.
Enjoy Disney with your family.

all the best
caya

Faith in Him 07-11-2008 08:15 PM

So glad to see you post. You have been in my thoughts. I'll be praying you get great results from your new treatment plan.

Have fun with the family on your trip.

Tonya

harrie 07-13-2008 09:53 PM

Lily,
Wishing you all the best on your upcoming treatment.
Have a wonderful time at Disney World!! Yes!!
Also Lily, we would all love to hear from you....good news, bad news, no news,......whatever your heart and mind might be in the mood for....we welcome it all. 24/7.
Maryanne

lilyecuadorian 07-22-2008 01:13 PM

well, thank you for all your best wishes , I did went to disney and I did Ok , because I have like 3 o 4 times some painfull moments on my belly close to the liver under my two breast, but most of the times was in my whole stomach like gas incapsulate after I induce vomit I did past some gas I was felling better I stop the femara because 2 motrin didnt help ...so today I did call my doc and the nurse (who is not that nice, like my Doc) told me that after the other Doc "on call "review my pet scan he said that I need to take a strong medicene for pain ..and I call 8am and I got my call back 4pm ...for pain medication??????I told him that at this hour 4pm not to worried about it so I can wait until I see my doc tomorrow ..because was 4 pm the day was over already ...so I'm so panic with incoming news tomorrow ...my husband is coming with me ...I guess I have to forgot about the sir spheres ? and LIFT trial also (because take so long and I can't wait ) ?? and see and find another drugs ...the nurse only told me that the liver tumors increase in sizes ....that is it ...I ask about the thing that I felling in my stomach and he said you need to speak that with the doc ??? ..I'm so so so so so hopeless ..I try to check new thing outhere but anything give me some relieve ...so mad , impotent , unhappy ....sorry to complaint a lot but just dont felt strong and you all know this type of moments and you all are my windows where I can let my main problem out and get some refreshment ,I can't not complaint with my family because IF I'm tired to complain to be tired how about them ??? ...is not fair to ruin there vacation, life etc ......

Terri B 07-22-2008 01:48 PM

Lily,

My heart aches for you. Keep us posted.