HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Has anyone heard from our Maryann? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31467)

nitewind 12-05-2007 09:50 AM

Has anyone heard from our Maryann?

I've been thinking of Maryann a lot lately. Just wondering if maybe I missed a post? Just so you know, her screen name is Madamdubouise (probably spelled wrong). She is such an inspiration and I love reading her posts.
Maryann, if you're reading this, I miss you.
Hugs

PinkGirl 12-05-2007 09:57 AM

Hi Nite
Maryann's user name is madubois63. I think someone calls her
Madame Dubois - don't know who that could be :)

I checked the member's list, and it says she was on the board
yesterday, but she last posted at the end of November.

I, too, miss her posts..... hope she's okay

Believe51 12-05-2007 09:59 AM

'ello....

She was on yesterday, last post was 11/30. Hope everything is alright and that she is way busy shopping for the holidays.>>Believe51

TriciaK 12-05-2007 12:06 PM

I've been missing Mary Ann lately, too. She is one of our most special warriors. Mary Ann, hope you know we love you and hope to hear from you! Hugs, tricia

nitewind 12-05-2007 12:25 PM

About Maryann

I just checked the Amazon board and found her post from yesterday, I've copied it and am pasting for all who would like to know:

saw the thoracic (jerk) surgeon yesterday. The CAT showed the nodules and agrees that they look like bc. So I am having my lung drained and sealed with talc (again) on December 5. I'll be in the hospital for a few days - ugh! I have to get all kinds of clearance for the procedure, so I've been making phone calls. Now I have to go to 50 more appointments that I don't need... I will probably change hormonal's next week. I will be taking fasoladex. It's a shot given once a month. Thanks for all the mail and well wishes. I LOVE you guys!!

Sorry I did not do a calendar this week. I promise I will do a new post for next week, but you ALL have to help me by sending information!!!!
Maryann

Patricia 12-07-2007 12:34 AM

Hi MaryAnne,

How you are ok. Sorry to hear you are dealing with yet another something new. I am thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts.

Hugs,
Patricia

Lolly 12-07-2007 05:46 PM

MaDubois, many many hugs and well wishes as you recover from your "dust-up" :)

<3 Lolly

Mary Anne in TX 12-07-2007 06:18 PM

Hello MaryAnn!
I hope your latest adventure went smoothly and that you're soon to be home and back on track for the incredible life you create! Best wishes for the best of outcomes! ma

RhondaH 12-07-2007 07:37 PM

Maryann...

I know that Maryann posts on AOL and found this update...

http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_...Unhidden=false

madubois63 12-10-2007 03:14 AM

I was just making a quick trip to the bathroom and stopped by the computer on the way. I will write more later, but just wanted to say I have made it through yet another unpleasant procedure. The preliminary pathology report is in, and it is bc. In a way, it is a good thing because I can take anti-hormonals and possibly herceptin if the genetics of the thing haven't changed. If it was a new primary, well, that would have been a really crappy thing...Anyway, I spent two extra days in the hospital to let the lung drain as much fluid out as possible. Hopefully, I wouln't have fluid come back again like I did last time (I had this exact procedure done in October of 2004 and have been living with some fluid in my right lung ever since). I had Dr. Gloom and Doom do the procedure then, but he seemed much nicer this time. I was going to get ice when he came off the elevator yesterday. He was holding scissors and bandages and knew instantly he was coming for me. I asked if I could take ativan and he said I could take anything I wanted...I ran to my room and took 2 of my own. If I waited for the hospital, I'd still be waiting. Then he gave me a shot of morphine and he actually made me laugh while pulling the tube out. It still hurt like a *itch, and I screamed, but ot was not horrible (the meds had kicked in...). Then I came home. I slept the day away pretty much wasted on meds. My mother hovered over me and the kids cleaned the house and asked me if I needed anything...nice!! As to having my own ativan in the hospital, I don't recommend it, but I have learned that the hospitals never have all my meds. I take several that cost thousands of dollars each. I have a small suitcase for my meds and just bring that with me everywhere. They never seem to have Femara, but it really surprised me when they didn't even have penicillin in the pharmacy. I DID get my private room, but after spending one night in recovery. But that was okay, because I had everyone at my beck and call. At one point, I even had 2 good looking male nurses caring for me. I know I said this will be short, so I will go back to bed real soon, but I just have to tell you all about the idiot nurse that tried to give me a morphine shot in my left arm (that was CLEARLY marked with a pink bracelet). She actually argued with me saying they give shots in the lymphodema threatened arm all the time. I told her not on me!!! I know people that have gotten lymphodema from a shot given several years after surgery and suffer from it - forever! I asked other nurses what the wrist band meant and they all told me exactly what I thought it to mean - do not use this arm for blood pressure, to take blood or give shots. She needs the stupid stick upside the head!! Anyway - back to bed. I am in pain, but it's not horrible. I know I needed this procedure, but am very glad it's over. Thanks for all the support, e-mails and prayers. Night, night! Love to you all...

michka 12-10-2007 05:55 AM

Maryann, I am happy you gave us some news. I hope some sleep will make you feel better after the horrible episodes you went through again in the hospital. I am sending you all the virtual hugs I can to make you feel better.
Michka

nitewind 12-10-2007 09:16 AM

Maryann, it's so great to hear from you. Sure have missed you and I love to "hear" that great spirit in your voice. Hurry and heal, we love you.
hugs

PinkGirl 12-10-2007 10:00 AM

Thanks for posting Madame Dubois. We have all been wondering how you are doing.

I love to hear your voice - especially when you start talking about whacking someone with the stupid stick!!

Enjoy your little rest with your mom and kids taking care of you.

Keep us posted!!!

Attachment 192

Believe51 12-10-2007 10:49 AM

Glad you are back

Well Missy, I am so happy that you are home and we are updated. Wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and wishing you well. Continued prayers>>Believe51

chrisy 12-10-2007 10:21 PM

maryann, you are definitely a rock! I think Dr. Doom and Gloom has decided he'd better be nice to you since you are not going away! You just keep on foolin' them all.

I know what you mean about the meds; you just gotta take control. After my mastectomy I couldn't breathe (from having the oxygen tube stuck up my nose) and it took3 hours to get me a crummy bottle of neosynephrine! So I'm definitely on board with you on that. Who needs to pay $100 for a tylenol, anyway!

Get some rest, take care of yourself, love yourself as much as we all love you.

Chris