HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hi gang (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38719)

Joy 04-01-2009 10:21 AM

Hi gang

I have missed you all. I had to take a break for two reasons. The first because I was without internet again (those bills, you know) and because I just needed a cancer break-duh-don't we all.

I have been on Tykerb and Herceptin for about a month and have had very few side effects. Really just perpectually dry mouth, nose, eyes and some pain and dryness in my hands.

I had my first markers and cmp drawn last week and got the results yesterday. I am pretty pleased and would love to hear what you guys think. My CA 27.29 ,which has been fairly accurate for me to my chagrin at times, dropped from 340 to 274. My alk phos which was quite high for awhile is dropping and is now 272-still high, but it has been much higher. And my alt/ast are stable at just slightly above normal.

Unfortunately, i can be so jaded that I hesitate to get too excited. But I am happy. I am also happy to see the new developments that have appeared on our site for HER2.

I am guessing that if I am responding to Tykerb and Herceptin in the liver, then I am still HER 2 positive in those sites. Would you agree?

My kids are good. The twelve year old daughter is, of course, acting like a 12 year old and that is challenging. Sure brings back some ugly memories of my own battles with my mom at that age. My 10 year old still mostly thinks I am pretty great and does what I ask. Every once in a while I see a bit of what I call "snot factor". It can be so disappointing when you try so hard to raise nice people and these bits of ick start to surface. I bite my tongue a lot because what I want to say sometimes is quite snotty itself, but...I don't say those things. At least not until I talk to my friends with their own 12 years olds.

I hope to write more soon, but I am plugging away at a huge to do list today and don't want to get caught up in computer land. I am so happy to read about some recent triumphs and good results. I have been praying along with you all every day for all of us.

Thanks for being here!

Rich66 04-01-2009 10:42 AM

Sounds good to me Joy. I plugged "snot factor" into pubmed and came up dry. Guess you're on your own with that. Do you happen to have an article link regarding using H & T together?

Believe51 04-01-2009 11:19 AM

Always a Joy to hear from you and to find your post with that giant smile. I find myself making lattes and always saying a prayer and thinking only pleasant thoughts for you as I do it. It also pleases me to see that you are keeping busy and out of the police blotter (haha). This post made my day and I really do not want to keep you.

I just want to say that you are always in my thoughts and how happy I am to read your update. As for the 'snot factor', I think I am going to have to use that in the future. Do not fret though, those little ones will someday thank you for being such a kind spirited and strong Mom. It will be that time that you will find everything opposite the 'snot factor'.>>Latte-Loving Smiles>>Believe51

Jackie07 04-01-2009 11:39 AM

Joy,

It's so good to hear from you. I am glad everything is going well for you. Do drop by when you have a spared moment. We love you.

karenann 04-01-2009 12:50 PM

Joy,
Your news is good! I believe you will get great results from this treatment.

Stay strong.

Hugs,
Karen

schoolteacher 04-01-2009 01:34 PM

Joy,

Glad to hear from you. Sounds like the treatment is helping. You sound stronger this time.

Amelia

Mary Anne in TX 04-01-2009 01:58 PM

Joy Girl!
Good news is good news is good news!!!
I'm so glad that it is the right direction.
May your numbers keep falling.
Much love,
ma

Hopeful 04-01-2009 02:03 PM

Joy,

So glad to hear your news. Thanks for checking in. Best of luck to you with this treatment.

Hopeful

tricia keegan 04-01-2009 02:42 PM

So happy for you Joy, good luck with the rest of the tx's!

ElaineM 04-01-2009 09:10 PM

Hi gang

Good to have you plugged back into our little group.
It seems to me I read the results of a phase 3 clinical trial using Herceptin and Tykerb that had good results.

WomanofSteel 04-02-2009 04:51 AM

Glad to hear that the treatment is working for you. Stay positive coz attitude is everything!

Shobha 04-02-2009 11:49 AM

Very happy for you, Joy! Praying for your continued good results and wishing you the best! Keep in touch when you can...

love,
shobha

mamacze 04-04-2009 08:50 PM

Hi Angel!

How nice to see you doing well and sounding great! Your kids and home life sounds so normal and familiar! I just picked up my 14 y o son from a boy/girl party...boys are so talkative at this age!! (not!) How was the party...good....who did you talk with? .... Tyler... how was the food...good......and so it goes!
How is YOUR boyfriend thing working out? The last I remember you were dating a real nice guy?!
Stay well you sound great!
Love Kim from CT