HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Mighty Oak Fighting Still.... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41391)

Believe51 10-10-2009 07:21 AM

~Mighty Oak Fighting Still....

Although there no longer lies any hope here, he still fights. When I told him to let go he shook his head 'no'...amazing...

I will keep you posted on funeral plans since I know there was a few of my peeps here that were interested.

Wish this was easier for him! I love you guys.

Mary Anne in TX 10-10-2009 07:56 AM

Re: ~Mighty Oak Fighting Still....

How very strong that spirit to live is! My mom did the very same! I hurt with every struggling breath she took, but was proud of each one too! I was in so much pain seeing her struggle, I just wanted it to end. Wanting to move on too quickly caused me to have to go back and work through those last two days again and again. I believe that each and every breath was precious to her.

I've waited for this note this morning to see how Ed is and how you are. I'm praying that God sends some powerful angels to walk you through these last few days! much love, ma

Sherryg683 10-10-2009 10:14 AM

He's not ready to go yet and is still fighting. I have been thinking of you every day and checking in to see how it's going. You are in my prayers..sherry

Lien 10-10-2009 11:34 AM

Oh Marie, it is heartbreaking, isn't it? I got into the bed with her when my Mom was dying. We didn't talk, just lay there side by side. Then my husband came and took my place for a while, then my sister, and finally my father. She just smiled.

My thoughts are with you all the time. The Mighty Oak has a Mighty Spirit.

Love

Jacqueline

MJo 10-10-2009 12:02 PM

The life force is amazing. I guess he'll go when he and God agree! Bless you both. Thinking of you every day.

lkc Gumby 10-10-2009 12:02 PM

Prayers continuing ....

CindyE 10-10-2009 12:24 PM

Marie,
My prayers for both of you continue. Ed is one mighty man and I guess he will go when he and God decide. (((Hugs)))

vlcarr 10-10-2009 12:49 PM

Sending prayers and comfort during this difficult time. I'm pretty new to the group but you and Ed are such an inspiration and I'm so sad you are having to deal with this.

Becky 10-10-2009 01:24 PM

I am thinking about you Marie and your Mighty Oak. Please take care of yourself too. Nourish yourself and try to rest as much as you can. Keep your physical state up as I know your spirit is down right now.

Love and many hugs

Becky

Mary Jo 10-10-2009 01:25 PM

Man, the "fight" we carry in ourselves, huh? The human body is an amazing thing. What it can endure absolutey amazes me. Like "MJO" said....when God and he agree........our "mighty oak" will pass on to eternal peace and rest.

Now more than ever though, YOU, dear friend need love and encouragement given to you. What you are going through is so difficult.....honestly, truly, I believe it's way more difficult for you than it is for Ed at this point.

Sending sincere love and prayers to you dear sister and I pray that Ed's passing comes soon.

I'm sorry you are having to go through this Marie..........my heart is heavy for you.

Mary Jo

P.S. Whisper in Ed's ear that we here at Her2support send him our deepest love and gratitude for all he's shown us on his journey. He truly is MIGHTY.

hutchibk 10-10-2009 01:32 PM

Pure determination... he loves life, even at its toughest. I have the deepest respect for that. Only Ed and God will know what the right time is, but Marie, you have given him the greatest gifts you can give, deep abiding love and assurance that you are OK when he does choose to cross. I love you both deeply.

tricia keegan 10-10-2009 02:20 PM

Marie, I wish this could be easier on both of you, but as other's have said only Ed and God will know when that is.
Take care of you too:) xx

Bill 10-10-2009 02:52 PM

Please take care of yourself too, Marie, during this time. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

notamrnpsn 10-10-2009 02:56 PM

Both you and Ed are always in my thoughts and prayers. Ed may be the Mighty Oak, but you Marie are just as tough. May Eds passing be peaceful, Jeanette

ammebarb 10-10-2009 03:11 PM

Sending my love to you both, Marie. I think of you many times a day. Wishing you comfort as you do these hard days with Ed.

Barb A.

suzan w 10-10-2009 05:21 PM

Thank you for this update, Marie. It must be so hard with all that you are going through and I am very grateful that you think of your Her2 family. Prayers and strength that peace comes soon. XO Suzan

CourtneyL 10-10-2009 07:35 PM

A mighty oak indeed. I was biking through a grove of oak trees today, Marie and I was thinking about you and Ed and the incredible storm you've weathered. You and Ed are an inspiration to us all. I pray that Ed is not in any pain and that when his time comes, it will be peaceful. For him and you. You are such a dear sweet lady. Know that we are all sending love your way.

Yorkiegirl 10-10-2009 08:31 PM

Oh Marie how difficult this must be for you. Like others have said this is between God & Ed on when the time is right. I wish much peace in Ed's heart.Prayers are still being said. I just I wish I lived close to you so I could give you a BIG HUG. So sending it thru cyber world to you.

ElaineM 10-10-2009 09:29 PM

Mighty Oak is one mighty man !! He loves life and he is going to do everything on his terms with the blessings of God. We can learn from Mighty Oak's strong spirit.
Take care of yourself Marie.

Jackie07 10-10-2009 09:50 PM

Marie,

Somehow, I thought about our little secret on the word 'accept'... [Am thinking of you - like everyone else here on the board.]