HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   buzzing around....decadron (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37738)

SoCalGal 01-27-2009 11:43 PM

buzzing around....decadron

Had my neck epidural yesterday. The decadron kept me up all last night. I slept about 4 hours. And here it is almost 11PM and I am still buzzing around. Took a bunch of ativan so hopefully it will kick in soon and allow me to sleep. My heart is pounding along with anxiety and general crazy feeling. I really don't get along with decadron. I hope this wears off soon.

hermiracles 01-28-2009 02:06 AM

I hope it wears off soon too Flori - for your sake. Me and steroids don't get along either!!
Hope sweet dreams are coming your way soon Sis
Blessings
Hermiracles

schoolteacher 01-28-2009 05:35 AM

Flori,

I hope the decadron is wearing off and it has helped with your pain.

Amelia

caya 01-28-2009 06:35 AM

Hi Flori,

I hope you got some sleep, it is so awful not to be well rested.

I have had a horrible ongoing ear/throat/sinus infection since New Year's Eve - been on 2 different antibiotics, drinking tea, chicken soup, etc. Still can't shake it, and have been having trouble sleeping too. I take sleeping pills, and still can't fall asleep until 1 or 2 in the a.m.

I hope your neck pain is subsiding too. It is always something, isn't it?

all the best
caya

vickie h 01-28-2009 08:20 AM

Hi Flori,
I,too, did the decadron dance on Monday. Was up most of the night, in and out of sleep, putting ativan under my tongue. I finally resorted to benedryl and slept through the day. Steroids and i don't get along, though I am pleased that your pain from the epidural is subsiding. Will you have more epidurals, or is this working well enough? Love, vickie

Shobha 01-28-2009 01:23 PM

My prayers and healing thoughts for you, Flori. Hope you had a good night's rest eventually and are feeling better this morning.

ElaineM 01-28-2009 02:35 PM

buzzing around ....

Decadron and the rest of the steroid family are something else. My body doesn't like them either.
I hope you feel better soon.

harrie 01-29-2009 12:27 AM

Too bad all of you doing the decadron dance couldn't stay up and "chat" together...

BTW, when I was on decadron, benedryl worked just fine for me.

MJo 01-29-2009 02:10 PM

RE: Too bad all of you doing the decadron dance couldn't stay up and "chat" together...

That made me laugh. I remember me and decadron. I got "motor mouth." I thought I was perfectly fine and behaving as usual. Couldn't figure out why my family wouldn't let me drive myself to treatment. Later, they told me I was acting strange.

chrisy 01-29-2009 06:16 PM

Flori - I'm still waiting for you to come and clean up my garage at 1 am - and in another few days I'll have some loads of laundry for you, too.

Seriously, hope you're feeling more yourself soon.

Love
Chris

suzan w 01-29-2009 06:36 PM

Flori, I really had to laugh when I read about your decadron experience. I, like MJo, would get motor mouth and couldn't understand why everyone around me didn't think I was just coming out with the most impressive new ideas, etc. Then one night I wrote long flowery letters to my sons and their wives...going on and on about how much they all meant to me...my handwriting getting crazier and crazier by the letter...oh dear. Now I can look back and laugh, but those steroids..whew!!! Good luck!!!

freyja 01-29-2009 07:32 PM

Hope the pain is subsiding. Ativan helps me sleep through anything. I took it last night to sleep off the anesthesia and pain pills after surgery. Much better today. So glad to here from you. I've been thinking about you. Keep some good news coming, although we want to hear any news, good or otherwise.
Love,C

Bill 01-31-2009 05:20 PM

Ok, Ladies, just be careful with all of that energy flying around. Remember a few months back Madame Dubois got into that steroid-driven house-cleaning kick and thought it was a great idea to mop her kitchen floor at midnight in flip-flops, and then things went all a-kilter. Like Nicola's mom (the finest Scotswoman I've ever met) used to say, "Nothing good ever happens after midnight." If y'all feel like doing something in the middle of the night, chances are it's a bad idea. Instead, just come throw a stick into the campfire and we'll all talk about it. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience. Just sit on your hands and wait until dawn. Everything makes more sense in the light.