HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Chemo Failure #3...now I'm doing what??? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57533)

SoCalGal 03-26-2013 09:31 AM

Re: Chemo Failure #3...now I'm doing what???

Thinking of you today, Chris...lean in, babe! We are cheering you on and thru this. Sending tons of love and a jumbo HER2 hug.
Flori

Andrea Barnett Budin 03-26-2013 09:42 AM

Chrissy, Hi Sweetie! Remember delay is not denial. The pain of dying cancer cells is hellish, but the joy kind of makes it all worthwhile.

May your essence be calm and poised. Your will is great. You will not be defeated in this struggle. The tangible evidence of your efforts lies before you.

I love you. You are in my thoughts and in my heart.

ANDI

greenacres 03-26-2013 11:03 AM

Sending prayers your way. Stay strong.

Terri B 03-28-2013 07:25 AM

Chrisy,

You are the true meaning of a warrior, woman! Thank you so much for posting your procedure here. I have passed this info over to my sis, whose husband is having his first chemo-embo as I type this.

My prayers are with you, girl!

Mary Anne in TX 03-28-2013 07:30 AM

Prayers and hugs, Chris.

Redwolf8812 03-28-2013 09:04 AM

Hope to hear from you soon!

- Penny

NEDenise 03-28-2013 09:18 AM

Chris,
Sending super BOLD and powerful prayers during this Resurrection Weekend!

And, of course...LOTS of love!
Denise

Barbara H. 03-28-2013 03:53 PM

Chris,
My thoughts continue to be with you. You are a a role model to me, and I am impressed with your determination.
Sending you positive thoughts!!
Barbara H.

Laurel 03-29-2013 07:23 PM

Hang in there, Chrissy-girl! Praying the suffering abates and you begin to gain ground from this treatment! Have a blessed Easter.

Andrea Barnett Budin 03-30-2013 10:52 AM

Now I'm doing what???

Hey Chris -- YOU we all miss!

Just wanted to say, after my 9 mnths of Taxotere (combined w/Vitamin H) I couldn't take any more. Positive me just started crying in the seriously backed-up chemo room, w/a 2 hr wait, and around 5 hrs of drip to go. My onc saw me and was suddenly aware -- NO MORE TAXOTERE FOR YOU. IN FACT, YOU CAN SKIP IT TODAY. No, I said, I'll give it one more try. My multiple tumors had shrunk but still existed. THERE'S NO REASON TO THINK THAT HERCEPTIN ALONE CAN'T KEEP YOU STABLE, he offered.

I went home, got into bed, and stayed there like a still life for 6 weeks. Oh, I did get up to go to the bathroom, and to go for my ev 3 wk Vit H. I was wiped.

Apparently the death of cancer cells is full of inflammation and swelling (inside), interferes with oxygen flow in the bloodstream, blah, blah, blah. I could not move. BUT -- I "KNEW" THAT I WAS IN A PROCESS OF HEALING.

I believe, Missy Chrissy that is where you are. You are healing. Quietly. As you have no choice. But you will rise again!

I had the TV on all day as I lay in my awake coma. Then, one day, I saw my pointer finger was raised and moving with the music I was hearing. I was alive! The music greeted me as I became reborn. A compelling tune I couldn't resist moving to, and for.

Give yourself time, Chrissy. Do not despair. You are in the process of healing. Your cancer cells are dying, and causing much havoc, but it is worth it all. And we here -- we're all with you. Singing to you, on the sidelines, sending you heaps of love and hugs streaming your way.

Gosh, I hope someone is reading allllll your Sister's posts to you. May it serve to help you. Be still. Drink when you can, as often as you possibly can. Eat a handful of nuts or whatever to keep alive and feed your body. Sleep. It is very therapeutic. The body restores itself and repairs during sleep.

With ever-loving hugs,

StephN 03-30-2013 02:11 PM

Andi -
I could NOT have said it more clearly. Taxotere was a killer for me - I had the 3 week arm on the trial.

Having the luxury to rest quietly for long periods was my saving grace.

Chrisy, you have had one HELL of a tough year, including that infection in your leg. Time to see some ressurection of your health.

Gentle cyber hugs to you.

karen z 03-30-2013 03:50 PM

Chrisy,
Thinking of you non-stop and sending you the best wishes in the world.
Love,
Karen z

Bunty 03-30-2013 06:07 PM

Chrisy, thinking of you, and I really like what Andi BB has written. This is a time to be lying low and regenerating your spirit and health.
Best wishes
Marie

Mtngrl 03-30-2013 08:52 PM

Dear Chris,

I'm here in Boston praying for you and sending you love and light. May your cancer cells be obliterated. May they be replaced with perfect, pink, new, orderly, well-behaved cells. May you find rest, healing, peace, and wholeness. May the love that surrounds you give you the strength you need to heal.