HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Significant Progression-Going On Doxil (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61309)

KDR 06-17-2014 10:06 AM

Significant Progression-Going On Doxil

So, the results are in:
Brain MRI, clear.
Lung and liver progression. Not insignificant in size. Starting Doxil tomorrow.
Would love some feedback on Doxil, if you can. It's supposed to be very anti-cancer-strong.
Thanks,
Love,
Karen

StephN 06-17-2014 12:48 PM

Re: Significant Progression-Going On Doxil

KDR -
There's that crapstick again!
Are you having Doxil alone or with Herceptin??

I recall some presentions on trials at San Antonio regarding the two drugs.
No time to look them up now, but there were some good results. Be one of those patients!

Redwolf8812 06-17-2014 01:01 PM

No experience with Doxil, but praying...

:-) Penny

donocco 06-17-2014 01:15 PM

The most important side effects of Doxil are hand foot syndrome and bone marrow suppression. The hand foot syndrome occurs in a high percentage of patients. The hair loss is more moderate than with Adriamycin. Doxil is a Liposomal form of Doxirubicin (Adriamycin). Strong CYP2D6 inhibitors like Bupropion, Prozac and Paxil can increase the serum levels so if you are taking any of these antidepressants make sure the oncologist knows. Buproprion is Wellbutrin

Paul

carlatte7 06-17-2014 01:58 PM

Just checking in with some prayers and happy thoughts.

Cat 06-17-2014 05:52 PM

No personal input on doxil but many wishes for some relief ftom the stress this all brings. I do know it was one of the options my onc talked about and I felt he was confident in it.
Best of luck and hang in there.
Cathy

SoCalGal 06-17-2014 06:09 PM

KDR, I know nothing of the regime except to echo what you said - supposed to be kick ass. Also wanted to say I'm with you all the way - prayers, wishes and hopes for this to do some real good!

Ceesun 06-17-2014 06:34 PM

No experience with doxil, but adding my prayers. Cathy

BonnieR 06-17-2014 08:53 PM

No experience but joining in the love and support circle. We have your back. Keep the faith

CoolBreeze 06-17-2014 08:55 PM

I haven't been on it but a friend of mine was. She did have the hand/food syndrome so if there is any preventatives for that, you might look into it. It also reduced her cancer. She was even planning a vacation while taking it.

Good luck, I hope it is successful for you and also easy to take.

Pamelamary 06-18-2014 01:18 AM

Good luck with the Doxil, Karen! Keep strong.
Best wishes.... Pam

Carol Ann 06-18-2014 08:00 AM

Echoing everyone above, Karen.

CA

Coux92 06-18-2014 10:16 AM

May this be your magic potion! I hope you tolerate it well and it kicks ass as SoCoGal says!! Stay Strong.
I'm praying for you,
Elizabeth

MaineRottweilers 06-18-2014 11:12 AM

I have no experience but I want you to know that I am praying for you and I am certain that treatment this is going to do the trick for you.

Bunty 06-18-2014 06:36 PM

You are a survivor Karen, so this is another step in your life that you will get past. I have no personal experience of Doxil, but from what others are saying, it sounds like a good one. Sending you a big hug from me......
Marie x

anna4969 06-18-2014 08:43 PM

Hi Karen

I don't post very often but read often. I am very sorry to read about this. I am praying for you too. I haven't any experience with Doxil but I did have 5-FU, and that too, can cause significant hand foot syndrome. I had very, very little of it and I think that was because I held ice bags in my hands and set my feet on ice bags while I received the infusion, thus possibly preventing the leaking of the drug into the capillaries in the hands and feet. Also, I was religious about putting Aquafor on my hands(palms especially) and feet(soles especially) every night before bed. I wore socks on my feet as Aquafor can get pretty messy. With my hands, I just tried to be mindful to not touch too much of the bedding. I think both of these things helped immensely. Please let me know if you have any questions about it. Praying for you.

Pray 06-18-2014 08:58 PM

Hoping and praying the doxil works! Gods blessings to you and yours��

michka 06-19-2014 12:40 AM

Hoping for you Karen. Sending strength and hugs. Michka

tricia keegan 06-19-2014 05:33 PM

Karen I had Doxil or Adriamycin as its known, a strong drug but effective, my side effects were sinus's, anxiety, (take the meds for this as I didn't) and queasy but never vomited as I took the anti nausea drugs. I also had hair loss and fatigue, it was tough but glad I did it and hope you find it tolerable.

mamacze 06-19-2014 08:48 PM

Somehow you knew in your heart of hearts.
And now here it is.
So here you go- one tender foot in front of the other:
Doxil - I know it is often used for ovarian cancer. I found this discussion board on how to prevent side effects - http://csn.cancer.org/node/201083
Keep us updated and hang in there Angel
XOXO