HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   31 weeks and all is well (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36947)

LAURIE 12-05-2008 08:36 AM

31 weeks and all is well

Just checking in to say "everything is still going great" with me and the baby. We are still so shocked. Every doc visit and I think okay we can handle bad news. I have been feeling good too.

As a retail manager I have been working 50-60 hours a week right now and still doing fine. Now I have been told that I have been a little bitchier, but they can deal with that. I have only gained 12 pounds so far, although my belly is getting bigger for sure. I have been having charley horses in the morning and have had a little trouble getting comfortable in bed. I know I am getting into the uncomfortable phase coming up , but I am ready for the challenge. We feel so blessed.

I have talked to a lot of people about child birth and how they were so scared. I am not scared at all. Bring on the meds. A lot of time, childbirth it is the first time that people have an i.v. or have undergone surgery. I am old hat with all of that. The only part I fear is the coming home part.

I have been having dreams that the baby comes out with lymphedema. What a crazy dream. My lymphedema has gotten worse, and manual lympatic drainage on my belly is out of the question right now.

We still do not have a name yet. I told my parents some names we were thinking and my mom gave me a book of saints. I will try to get a good pic of my big belly soon.

Believe51 12-05-2008 08:59 AM

Laurie

Thanks for the update on Mom and baby because concerned Aunts want to know. Surprised that the laptop is working after 'kick off'..LOL! It seems like yesterday you told us the great news and now it is 31 weeks, Wow!

Do not worry too much about coming home, I am positive that things will fall into place and that this baby will have his/her blessings too! You have stared in the face of cancer so everything else is a piece of cake!

As for the name goes, this too comes to you. I actually named my son after looking at him at birth....Yikes. Do not think you should wait thaaaaaat long, but it will come to you both.

Lots of love to you Laurie along with Daddy and baby.>>Believe51

Mary Anne in TX 12-05-2008 09:13 AM

Laurie, that baby will be one of the luckiest little bundles ever born! You'll be a wonderful mom and you'll love every minute of it! ma

WomanofSteel 12-05-2008 10:24 AM

Laurie, I am so glad to hear everything is going well. Once you hold that beautiful little baby in your arms, all your fears will melt away. You will be surprised at how the mother instinct kicks in. Good luck to you in picking a name. It is so hard to make a choice. I picked the name Logan and figured I would use it for a boy or a girl. That is how my daughter became Logan Elizabeth. I think it is easier when you know the sex or choose an either way name.

Audrey 12-05-2008 11:47 AM

Laurie, I am so happy to hear your continued good news with this pregnancy. Thanks for sharing something so positive with all of us--I look forward to more updates and the first pictures of the baby--enjoy this time and continue to feel good!

caya 12-05-2008 01:04 PM

Thanks Laurie for posting this happy news. I agree with you, bring on the meds for the delivery... no need for pain.

You'll be great, only 9 more weeks to go!! Take it easy at work..

all the best
caya

mts 12-05-2008 01:52 PM

Great news...
I am so excited for you !!!

Pretty soon you will develop the elusive 8th sense:
Parental radar.

xo
Maria

naturaleigh 12-05-2008 07:39 PM

Laurie,

What great news!! Such an exciting time! I do hope he or she get your lovely auburn hair!!

My Mother did not name me until I was 5 days old!!
The perfect name will come!!

Joan M 12-05-2008 08:23 PM

Laurie,

Your news is so great. It's really wonderful. I'm very excited for you.

Joan

Soccermom 12-05-2008 08:26 PM

Oh Laurie,
I am so happy for you! Enjoy every moment~
Hugs,Marcia

jones7676 12-05-2008 08:42 PM

What wonderful news!

Bill 12-05-2008 08:44 PM

Thanks for sharing the good news, Laurie! You keep going, girl! And don't worry, that baby will have a fine name before you know it.

StephN 12-05-2008 11:35 PM

Thanks for your update. Yes, you are lucky to not gain a whole lot so far, and you seem to be running off what you DO add in pounds. Have a wonderful holiday and keep up the good "work."

I am getting ready to become a grandma again. But my daughter-in-law is a little behind you at 15 weeks.

It is all VERY exciting - their first child as well. Only problem is they live too far away - down in Texas.