HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   madubois63 - home from hospital (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25074)

madubois63 08-20-2006 05:39 PM

madubois63 - home from hospital

Hi everyone...I am home. Got out early today! I slept a good part of the day away. My counts are steadily dropping, and I have to go several times a week to the oncology clinic for blood tests and possible transfusions. They sent me home with tons of medications, and I have to watch for fevers...that will send me right back in the hospital - so please don't sneeze my way. So now I recoup from this and wait for the next step to come...transplant. It was all so over whelming in the beginning, but I am taking it one step at a time and it doesn't seem as big as it really is. I look forward to the day when a check up is just a check up and they come six and twelve months apart (not every freaking week...). If I don't answer your mail for a few days, it's not because I don't love you, it's cause my stomach is fighting my every being....

Maryann

chrisy 08-20-2006 05:57 PM

Good for you!

Glad to hear you got sprung. I know that being at home will lift your spirits and I hope that you successfully avoid any germ-mongers and stay out of the hospital. Sending healthy vibes and prayers your way, as always!
Take care
Chris

p.s. OK, although I'm sending healthy vibes I do have a cold, so don't get too close to your monitor!

Sheila 08-20-2006 07:01 PM

Maryann

I am truly blessed in meeting you on this board and I admire your incredible strength and upbeat attitude after all you have gone through....stay healthy, rest and keep up your battle....the field goal is in site and I know you'll kick a field goal on this one!!!!
Thinking of you and hope each day brings you renewed strength and health.

cherylynnie 08-21-2006 01:49 PM

Maryann,
I am glad to read that you are home. Keep up the fight.
God Bless you!

tricia keegan 08-21-2006 02:04 PM

Glad you're home

Maryann I always read your posts and updates and am always amazed at how cheerful and upbeat you are despite everything you're going through.Glad you're home so rest up and stay away from germs!
Hugs
Tricia

Dace 08-21-2006 03:19 PM

I am glad you are home!

It is so good to hear your positive attitude. I am sending prayers your way!

Sandy H 08-21-2006 08:11 PM

So glad things are moving right along for you. Sounds like you will be ready for the Holidays! Your still in my prayers. Sending you a healing hug, Sandy

Jean 08-21-2006 10:02 PM

Okay Girl - Your HOME where you belong!

I will say a special green one for you each and everyday.....
You are such a WINNER!

Love You!
Jean

sassy 08-22-2006 04:28 AM

Good for you!

Hang tough Mary Anne! You continue to amaze and encourage me.
________
How to roll a joint

IRENE FROM TAMPA 08-22-2006 04:58 AM

One step at a time.....

but you will be running real soon MaryAnn

You WILL get through this bad time and look back at it one day as a far away memory.

Hang in there girl and stay strong.

My thoughts and prayers are with you always.

tousled1 08-22-2006 05:04 AM

MaryAnn,

Your upbeat and positive attitude continue to amaze me. I'm so glad that things are going so well for you. Avoid germs at all cost - wear a surgical mask. Soon you will have your transplant and all this will be just a faint memory. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

RobinP 08-22-2006 07:10 AM

You certainly are in my prayers. Keep up the fantastic strenght and spirit that you have.

sarah 08-22-2006 07:40 AM

Dear Maryann,
What an amazing spirit you have! Your positive attitude and inner strength will pull you through this new ordeal while you inspire us all. I feel like such a wimp for ever complaining!
I don't have a cold so I'm hugging my monitor! big hug and love coming your way.
sarah

TriciaK 08-22-2006 01:02 PM

Dear Maryann, You are truly an inspiration! I always look for your posts and am uplifted by them. Thank you for taking time for sharing inspite of all you are going through. We are all thinking of you and sending love and prayers your way! Hugs, Tricia

Mary Jo 08-22-2006 01:25 PM

I am fairly new to this site and what a blessing it has become to me. I am finished with my chemo and have 3 more herceptin to go. I know that the thought of a recurrence is something we all have to learn to live with and that is so hard to do some days.

MaryAnn, since coming to this site I have admired your upbeat, courageous spirit. God is using you to encourage and bring comfort to others, that is so obvious.

As you go through your own journey may God hold you close and may we bring you some of the comfort and encouragement you bring to us.

Consider yourself hugged.........

marejo from Wisconsin
dx June 2005
Stage 2
1 microscopic cell in first sent. node
er/pr neg. Her2 - pos. grade 3 tumor
started herceptin when taxol began Oct. 2005
October 11, 2006 - LAST HERCEPTIN TREATMENT - YAHOO

rinaina 08-22-2006 02:51 PM

Maryanne, I haven't been part of this forum too long, just since the spring, but I am here long enough to know the courage, strength and positive attitude you have which is such an inspiration to so many of us. You have been such a good role model to so many of us who have much less to deal with. I am happy you have some time at home and hope your counts stay up there. With your great attitude, fortitude and postive thinking, I know you will make it through this transplant. You have a beautiful spirit that I hope to be able to emulate throughout my ordeal. Praying you stay healthy and avoid any infections until transplant day. Keeping you in my prayers.