HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Herceptin / Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Joint stiffness and pain (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49150)

Christine Mary 03-08-2011 03:28 PM

Joint stiffness and pain

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if any of you have had severe joint stiffness and pain with herceptin. I started herceptin Dec. 13/2010 along with docetaxel. Had three rounds of both drugs together every three weeks, and have had two cycles of herceptin alone. Pretty much every joint in my body has stiffness and pain especially in morning nor ifninhave been sitting.n I am wondering if it is from herceptin or residual from docitaxel.n also wondering if it will improve or am I stuck with this for the next9 months!

Thanks,
Christine

Elizabethtx 03-08-2011 04:30 PM

Re: Joint stiffness and pain

I don't think it is the herceptin. I started with taxotere/herceptin and had terrible leg cramps, stiffness, and joint pain. After finishing it slowly went away. It took maybe two months or so. Get lots of exercise it will help! Hang in there, the only side effects I feel on Herceptin are the constant dripping nose and a little tired for a couple of days afterward.

Miscmom4 01-26-2012 10:40 AM

Try some Glucosimine/Chondroitin to help with the joints it works great, at the Drug Store over the counter

ElaineM 01-26-2012 11:05 AM

Herceptin can contribute to joint pain, bone pain and muscle pain. For confirmation call Genetech at 1-800-821-8590 and ask to talk to a nurse.

karen z 01-26-2012 11:54 AM

Not with Herceptin at all but definitely with an AI.

anna4969 01-26-2012 03:32 PM

Hi Christine Mary,

I want to say yes, to having joint pain and it being caused by Herceptin. And it is just as you described after resting for a long period time is when I feel it. I was just joking with my Ob/Gyn that when I get up from sitting or sleeping in the morning, I feel like a 90 year old lady. I can say, I am definetly experiencing what you describe and have been solely on Herceptin since July of 2010. And like you, once I am off of it, I am really banking on being able to not have to crouch when I get up from a resting position. It's terrible...I agree. But...a small, small price to pay to be well again. :)

Take Care

Lorraine 01-26-2012 05:10 PM

I'm sorry you're having to suffer with all the joint pain and stiffness. I had joint pain with Nuelasta and now with Arimidex. Once chemo stopped I had one round of Herceptin before stating Arimidex without any pain....so my answer would be no. I hope you can narrow it down in order to alleviate the pain.
On a further note......I started Water Aerobics and a beginners Yoga class.I'm also walking 2 miles every couple days. That exercise program has helped me tremendously!
Good Luck and all the best,
Lorraine