HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Herceptin / Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   crackin' myself up (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28143)

Joy 05-08-2007 01:50 PM

crackin' myself up

I have been excavating kids' rooms and cleaning as my parents are arriving for a visit tomorrow (I'm so excited). I was in my bathroom thinking about what needed to be done and as I await my T-X shipment I had a thought that I should really take the time to make my bathroom extra beautiful since I may be in there all the time. I also thought I should start collecting my friends' magazines as they finish them so I have entertainment. Then I thought maybe I should put on an addition for a library.

I went for chemo education today with a fun NP at the center. She gave me some Xeloda drug company schwag. I always laugh at the color printed information with the drawings of side effects (I do understand why they need to be there). But the profile of the woman on the toilet (with her dress over her bottom) really cracks me up. As does the one of the same unfortunate gal leaning over the toilet. I thought maybe I should use that like a door placard in a hotel. I can put it on my front door when I'm experiencing these things and then at least people know where to find me.

Aw well at least it is interesting, huh?

JEANB 05-08-2007 02:38 PM

thats so funny!

Joy, I laughed out loud at your post. I just got home from my doctors office where we discussed T-X. I got that same literature and immediately noticed the pictures of the woman on the toilet. I'm not sure when my pills will arrive. My nurse was calling my insurance company to get it arranged. I sure hope I don't become that lady in the picture. My nurse stressed to take all 5 Tykerb pills at the same time to decrease the side effects and they gave me Vit. B-6 and Udder Cream lotion to use for the Xeloda side effects.

Hope it all goes well for you!

chrisy 05-08-2007 02:56 PM

Omigosh! I'm Probably Doing It Wrong!

I didn't get any schwag or company literature - probably cuz I'm on it in a clinical trial and they still think it's experimental!

I'm probably doing it all wrong as I have no pictures to guide me.

Or, worse yet, I'm not actually having to spend much extra time in the toidy - so Joy, don't start construction on that addition yet, you may not need it!

hutchibk 05-08-2007 05:50 PM

Joy - you crack me up! I just got home from the clinic (had to pick up more Xeloda samples as there is monumental foot dragging on the part of Roche in sending it to me, as well as on the part of GSK in sending Tykerb to me as well... should now get both hopefully on Thurs in the mail), anyhoo, while I was there the clinic pharmacist and my nurse advocate gave me my purple Tykerb purse! Anyone else gotten theirs yet? It's cute, if you really like purple...it'll be good for make-up or something. I also like the blue and green Xeloda pouch, don't know what to use it for yet. Haven't watched the Xeloda DVD yet either. I guess I should to see what the company spent all of their money on.

So far I don't find anything too absurd or funny in the Tykerb pamphlets, bummer!... sounds like Xeloda takes the cake. I love the idea of turning the graphics into a Do Not Disturb sign for the bathroom!

Andi 05-08-2007 07:43 PM

Gosh, I feel really left out, no schwag from the company and definitely no purple purse or blue and green pouch and no DVD. Joy, I laughed so hard when I read your post. I have had a couple of bouts since starting T/X a week ago, but nothing that would require the library. I like the placard idea - kind of a new version of "do not disturb". Have fun with your parents when they get there to visit.

hutchibk 05-08-2007 07:52 PM

I understand that Tykerbcares is supposed to send it to you - but the drug rep left the purple purse for me with the clinic pharmacist yesterday. Maybe they are new this week? And the Xeloda pouch was given to me last week at the clinic when my nurse advocate was helping file the assistance paperwork for both Ty and Xel.

SoCalGal 05-08-2007 09:51 PM

no schwag here either

I am PISSED. No Schwag and worse than that, NO PURSE! No directions, no manual, no nothing - just the fachoctah pills and some udder cream, which I found humiliating. Everytime I think this can get no worse someone hands out udder cream. Needless to say, my udders were removed in 2002.

I am calling the Who-cares hotline first thing in the am to demand my goodie bag.

OMG ladies, you are really funny because I am laughing out loud.
Flori