HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   midwest alice 2years 8 months out (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47496)

Midwest Alice 11-07-2010 03:14 PM

midwest alice 2years 8 months out

Hi Guys!!!

Just wanted to tell you the good news. 2years 8months out!!!!

I am still on Herceptin. Its going fine.

I am working full time. Having a little trouble standing up straight and a little restricted mobility. I will have my first hip replacement in Janurary. Then the other next fall.

I have been working really hard to get my house ready to sell. I will move into my condo around Christmas.Then unpack and have a hip replacement.

All in all ..... things are good.

I check in on you guys all the time and just wanted to let you know you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Your Fighting teammate,
Alice

candlegranny 11-07-2010 04:37 PM

Re: midwest alice 2years 8 months out

Way to go Alice! we have to get together and do coffee for sure! we are only 2 hours away from each other. I live right off Hwy 60! I was just told i have stage 2 lymphedema too. glove and sleeve. we have alot in common but my doctor only took my left one. dont know why he never offered me the option to take both jsut had my annual mammogram... and it showed good. i did the digital mammo this time. oh and got it half price they told me.. lol

Jackie07 11-07-2010 05:36 PM

Yeah, Alice, thanks for the update. Be careful with your hips. We'll keep on fighting alongsied you.

ElaineM 11-07-2010 08:42 PM

Good to hear from you. Good luck with the hip replacements. I had one in 2004 after an accident.
Stay well.

Ellie F 11-08-2010 11:51 AM

Good to hear from you Alice.Keep flying the flag! Praying that your hip replacement goes well.
Love Ellie

DiDi70 11-08-2010 12:03 PM

Great to hear from you. Good luck with all of the packing and selling your house. I hope your hip isn't causing you too much pain. I have an Uncle who has had both hips replaced and he swears that he can move better than ever!

tricia keegan 11-08-2010 04:32 PM

Wonderful news Alice and delighted all is going well for you!

Good luck with the house move, and, I just love your avatar!!!:)

Chelee 11-09-2010 04:11 AM

Alice,
It's so nice to hear from you! That is wonderful to hear your doing so well. Once you get your hips fixed you will feel almost like a new person. I know how painful they can get. I'm happy to hear your getting all the packing and moving out of the way now so you can just focus on your hip replacement and recovery afterwards. When you have a chance...check in on us and let us know how your doing. You take good care of yourself. :)

Chelee

chrisy 11-09-2010 01:09 PM

hey alice, way to go.